Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thisiscat

Chatty Member
It seems there is something we are missing here. There is always 3 sides to every story- I don’t trust either side is being completely truthful.
He obviously said something in that phone call that riled the cast up. I don’t trust ALW when he says that it’s all been blown out of proportion- because otherwise the cast would be defending him and saying the articles aren’t true.
I do agree that actors perform a service. People pay to watch them perform.
Base on what we do know, i think it was mainly aimed at Carrie. Carrie has done the most arguing on twitter and getting involved in the conversations about cast changes. ALW is right that no one has a right to be on that stage, and Carrie’s schedule is the one that’s been messed with the most. Carrie actually tweeted to someone that she didn’t know her scheduled dates for December not that long ago. I wonder if that has something to do with it?
If Carrie has been kicking up a fuss and ALW came out at said, ‘you need to calm down, take a few shows off to figure out where your head is’ that would be one thing- but it’s entirely possible he just said ‘Carrie, until you can calm down you are off the schedule’. (It would explain why Carrie had shows off where she claims she wasn’t sick.) Both say the same thing but have entirely different meanings. One is sympathetic, the other is not.
I think there is something else that ALW said to the cast that neither side is sharing. ALW will never admit to it because either he knows he’ll come across as an arse, or he genuinely didn’t realise how it came across. The cast won’t say what it is because they’ll be fearing losing their jobs and also probably wondering if they did take it the wrong way.
I do think Carrie is skating on thin ice here. The way she has been passive aggressive on twitter and insta is probably riling up her cast mates too. As title lead character, the rest of the cast will be looking up to Carrie and will be following her example, because of that some of the younger cast may not realise how unprofessional she is being.
I wonder if those in the know will ever leak exactly what was said?

Reactions: 21

alethophobia

he tried to humble brag about carrie being on stage “right this moment” except cinderella doesn’t start until 7.30 and they performed at 7.15

• Haha
Reactions: 21

LitNerd

Chatty Member
Oh god and Tom’s gonna be all “She was the BEST Èponine ever!”
Meanwhile Sam Barks sits back able to give solo interviews on bbc breakfast and perform at the royal variety with zero issues and sit on the judging panel of ITV’s musicals programme after being the movie ponine and a frankly epic Elsa living 2013 Carrie’s dream 😂

Reactions: 20

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Another bout of wheeling her out as the face of the show even though you don’t pay to see her you just pay to see CiNdErElLa

ChubbRub

I feel like it takes a lot more privilege to get an agent and then jobs in MT when you lack the normal training and quite frankly most of the talent/skills required.

Mark81

VIP Member
Something else that's always struck me as odd about Cinderella/Carrie is her first entrance line 'did somebody say my name'. She says it in such a posh slightly snobby way it just doesn't match the character. I don't know if it's a director decision or carries

• Sick

Mark81

VIP Member
Tom clearly fuming with negative feedback on strictly and giving the face.

The Fletchers can't hide their annoyance at criticism

• Haha

EmCheese

VIP Member
Bet ALW is fuming they didn’t choose something from Cinderella 😂 he’s like what did I hire this bitch for 😂

• Haha

jdott

Carrie hasn’t mentioned Formula One in a good while. That obsession died a swift death didn’t it? Are we surprised though? Not a bit.
Genuinely found this whole thing truly embarrassing. She seemed to actively be beg-friending Mclaren & Lando in particular trying to interact with them and notice her. Remember when she did the whole 'Cinderella is supporting you' thing with that photo of her in their merch on stage? Ugh - so much second hand embarrassment thinking that she's special enough for a formula one team to give her special treatment.

Also her saying that her favourite driver was Magnussen? Massively showing that she's basically watched Drive To Survive on Netflix and that's it and doesn't know anything else about the sport. So cringe.

Mark81

VIP Member
Looking through her likes, she and others seem very salty at being reminded they work in a service role. Which they kind of do. As do most jobs where the product is an output delivered by a person to a paying customer. Same goes for lawyers etc, not just hospitality jobs.
Exactly. His overall point is correct. What seems quite telling is this is obviously damaging some egos, why? They obviously think they are above being classed as a service industry. Which is insulting to the vast majority of the UK as we are mainly a service industry lead country/economy. Like you say it goes beyond just hospitality, if you deal with customers you are service based and it covers so many different sectors

Buttercup1234

Looking through her likes, she and others seem very salty at being reminded they work in a service role. Which they kind of do. As do most jobs where the product is an output delivered by a person to a paying customer. Same goes for lawyers etc, not just hospitality jobs.

majestic26

VIP Member
I do wonder if the reason she's being especially sensitive about the missing shows/fans being disappointed thing is because it's not her choice. She's dropped a few hints recently that suggest the changes to her schedule come from up higher rather than her asking to take some time off and that she's not best pleased.

If that's the case, I get why people saying they're disappointed they didn't see her might be a sore spot for her; she may well be disappointed herself! However, she needs to suck it up and keep her mouth shut if she can't say why. Getting into arguments with fans and paying customers isn't helping her case or reputation at all.
She needs to pick a lane too. She's heavily implying that she's had to miss performances because of ill health (physical or mental) but she's also been hinting that the decision has come from higher up and it's out of her hands, which suggests it's for a different reason altogether. Either tell us the reason and deal with the consequences of quit bitching either way!

She could turn off mentions in her notifications for people who she doesn't follow, and she could stop name searching herself, but she won't do any of these things and will continue to get upset about people expressing their disappointment at not seeing her when they booked to see her. Nobody's forcing her to engage, she can take steps so she never has to see these kinds of comments again, but she won't.

Mark81

VIP Member
Carrie is wearing the green Joanie jumpsuit and is saying Tom is yet to come and see Cinderella.

She’s singing I Know I Have A Heart and you can hear the damage in her voice at certain points. At times she’s great and others I’m winding a little!
Sorry but how has Tom still not had time to see cinderella but has seen back to the future twice I think? It's so odd not to support your sister who supposedly you're so close to you dedicated a dance to on tv and cried (badly) over.