Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Yeah. See if he'd done a song from Oliver, I think he might have had a bit more passion. As it was, their dance felt very static to me.

View attachment 878669
The professional judges obviously felt they did, Carrie 😅
Jesus, the Fletchers are very sore losers aren’t they? It’s a competition. Someone has to be bottom of the leaderboard. Unfortunately everyone else just did better. Rose, John, AJ, Tilly, and Rhys are all much better dancers than Tom. Dan needs to go though, as lovely as he seems. I think she’s taking it extra personally because he’s scored so low on ‘her’ episode. It’s that stage in the competition where even the best dancers are at risk of going home because… that’s the show! God knows what sort of paddy she’s going to throw on Twitter when he does leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
Her mum did this post a few years ago basically saying that Carrie wasn’t privileged because she didn’t have any help getting into theatre (obviously it was Carrie who was taking herself to auditions and to the theatre as a child under 10 Debbie) and that Carrie can’t be privileged because Debbie has anxiety. It was absolutely hilarious because the whole post was untrue. Carrie has been helped along in her career since day one. I actually blame Debbie for how Carrie is tbh.

Under privileged people aren’t privately educated and sit at home unemployed from 16 to 20 living of their parents lmao.
I agree on the Debbie front. Whenever her kids get even mild and valid criticism she's in the replies defending them. It's no wonder Carrie is so defensive!

Reactions: 20
I’m predicting it; she’ll have an influx of Instagram followers this weekend and will do yet another ‘Introduction to me!!!’ and recap her life to us for the millionth time.
Also why does she keep covering her mouth in her insta stories like a giggling schoolgirl? She reminds me of this emoji 🙊

Reactions: 19

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
Is there a TLDR anywhere for what's going on with ALW/Carrie social media? I've seen ALW post and some weird likes by Carrie but i can't seem to pinpoint when it started or where & I don't have time to read the full thread, I just dip in an out when I can haha.
From what I’ve gathered (correct me if I’m wrong)

Carrie slightly messed up at west end live, wrote some cryptic stuff about it then had a couple of shows off

She also missed one of a two day show not long after and a fan said they were disappointed which led to Carrie lecturing on Twitter how you don’t pay to see her but to see ‘Cinderella’ and they got to see ‘Cinderella’.

Since then her schedule has been weird even she doesn’t appear to know what shows she’s going to be on.

ALW apparently got annoyed with a bad review and conference called in to the whole cast to have a go at them. Which if true coincides with another cryptic tweet from Carrie about how great the Cinderella cast is

She did a cryptic reply when asked what days she was booked off about not knowing

ALW then spoke to a magazine about it being a service industry and that no one is owed a place on stage and Carrie and all of the other divas appear to have taken great offence to this and started posting snide remarks and liking digs about their boss on social media.

I think that’s the general gist, apologies if the timeline is wrong or incorrect

• Heart

Briar Rose

Makes me sad to see performers openly sneering at their paying audience - many of whom will be members of the literal service industries.

Glad I rarely ever get to go to the theatre anymore. Wouldn't want my money to go to someone who is like that.

zadietells

if you go through her liked tweets she's liking a bunch against alw, which i don't entirely blame her for. not fond of carrie but i think she (and any other cinderella cast memeber) has got the right to speak out against alw ,, someone has to !
She really should have a private account for this stuff. It’s so risky even just liking these tweets in a public forum when she’s still working for the guy. Jeez.

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
Am I the only one thinking Carrie is acting like this on purpose in the hope her contract will be terminated and letting her get out of it early?

Itvex

Chatty Member
Rumour has ot they have all been instructed to get approval before they post about Cinderella. Finally, the professionals have stepped in. It's not Carrie's show to make comment at, or to swipe at audience members. I think we will find posts are much more muted and not confrontational. Cinderella 2.0 is also about improving the shows public image, which isn't great, and it started with last night.

• Wow

Mark81

VIP Member
As we now know the fletchers really can't hack criticism or not being the centre of positive attention. She can't let this go like Tom can't let go of the fact he is out of strictly and is still training with his partner. Neither of them have come across something like this before.

Mark81

VIP Member
Carrie just wants to be super successful and be able to humble brag ‘I’ve not even had any training.’ The tweet touched a nerve for her and she acted as if she was defending under privileged people when in fact she just wanted to defend the fact that she’s not trained and is doing fine. (Not doing fine anymore Carrie - I recommend doing some proper learning.)

• Haha

Lolly505

VIP Member
Had this pop up on my timeline and the irony just about took me out 😂 (Also no longer Scary)
Screenshot_20211111-135402_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Finally watched the les mis concert. Vocally she is OK (personally not a fan of her belt)...but the acting...its like school drama classes. Very limited range of facial expressions. I don't think I spotted any more than these

She is better than Michael ball though who sounds like daffy duck. The ensemble and smaller roles are so well cast. But none of the 4 leads are really stand outs

I admire Carrie as a singer, but she is so dead behind the eyes in these. I'm actually shocked-how can you be given such a beautiful, meaty, heart-wrenching story arc such as Fantine's and do...just nothing with it. I understand that this is the concert version, which didn't have all the high drama of the full show, but it is still musical theatre, and this isn't acting. This is pulling faces and hoping for the best.

I'm sorry to sound so mean, and I certainly couldn't do a better job myself, but it's very disappointing when you consider how many incredible actors there are in the West End who will never get an opportunity like that. I'm not saying Carrie doesn't deserve it; as I said, I love her singing, and she is just an actress taking a job at the end of the day. It's just disappointing (but not surprising) that Mackintosh considers follower count before acting ability when Les Mis doesn't even need big names to succeed. I hope this doesn't sound patronising, but I wish Carrie would take some acting lessons-she has the potential to be good, and then she would be able to back up her excellent singing with emotional delivery. She could be really great, instead of just pulling forced, fake faces.

• Heart

Lilu22

VIP Member
Me realising we’re going to be getting daily Nespresso Instagram stories from tomorrow…
2FEBE0C2-EB8B-4235-839F-6AC37E632A9E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad

coffeeandwine

Chatty Member
I feel like something must have seriously gone down behind the scenes for this to happen, and for Carrie to say things like that on public social media. It must be something where she thought 'there's no going back'
I honestly wonder if she's been told she's going to be out of contract sooner than expected, perhaps imminently. She is way too self-centred to be going off like this if it isn't something that affects her. This screams burning bridges which I don't think she'd do if she still had her job to think of.

on-toast91

Possible title suggestion

Carrie Hope Fletcher: suggest she learn sheet music she will blow her fuse, can’t cope now she is no longer ALWs muse

best I’ve got

Reactions: 18

Otterley

Not sure if anyone has posted this already

The thing about Carrie is that she has a lovely sounding voice (sometimes strained but mostly lovely) but she doesn’t emote ever. She could be singing her shopping list. It’s empty. And it doesn’t look natural. She was the same in Addams and Heathers. I can’t really comment on her other roles as I didn’t see them.

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
So her doing the show tonight is just proving that she is the face of the musical and they only signed her as a stunt cast

larin_ree

Her eyes are absolutely soulless here. Pair that with the aggressive smile and crazy hair and she looks like she's a woman in the middle of a crisis
I long for the day when she realises that this wannabe helena bonham carter cosplay is not flattering

Kit123

VIP Member
Yeah I don't get the big deal. She also needs to come off Twitter because it would really put me off (already am put off the show) seeing a show if the leading lady kept moaning about her work schedule.
Of course you are allowed annual leave and to be off if your poorly, stop making such a big deal about it! Try working in the NHS Carrie. You've just had two years off when us keyworkers have still had to work.