Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

queequeg19

I have no idea why they have not gone not gone to Equity yet. I feel bad for the company in a way, It comes across as a bit of a toxic work place but I really feel sorry for the rest of the company. For quite a few it is their first professional role and it’s getting ruined by Carrie and ALW.
I have heard some mixed things about Equity from some people I know. Like they aren't properly supporting those who come to them with issues and they aren't dealing with issues occurring within the organisation.

• Sad
Reactions: 2

LitNerd

Chatty Member
I actually saw Mary Poppins for the second time over the weekend and, while I know this is pure speculation and I am in no way saying this would be the case for every child who plays Jane I’m sure they’re all lovely kids in real life and grow into lovely adults, BUT given Carrie’s well documented almost obsession with 1) making everything about her 2) inserting herself into every single role she plays via telling Jamie to fight for her and Oliver to win her back before the show or during the interval when they are not their characters, seeing Jane’s character again, particularly how snappy, demanding and temperamental she is, you can literally see Carrie carrying some of this into her real life character which at the informative age of 10/12 I doubt would have then easily left her into adulthood, especially as her menthod of “acting” would literally have never been challenged since she was a kid because she never went through drama school. What I mean is that if she, as a child, thought “well Jane acts like this so *I* will now act like this” and called it actual acting, and then some of that bled into real life probably not helped by being the youngest by a good margin so probably being her parents golden child for a good while as Tom was 18 by then, no one could then correct her so we now get adult Carrie thinking that well if *I* feel super sexy right now because I have tone of teenage girls screaming when my top comes open well then my version of Veronica will come across sexy (she’s also even admitted she’s temperamental in real life) - I’m literally praying that someone else in this thread has seen Mary Poppins and can maybe back me up on this 😂

larin_ree

This is a very random thought but I'm curious if anyone thinks Oliver will propose anytime soon?

Mark81

VIP Member
I don’t get why people like Carrie want to try and insert themselves into oppressed groups. I know Carrie does it for attention, but it still bothers me. Something that people view as ‘quirky’ and ‘trendy’ but want no part of the actual disadvantages and prejudice that oppressed people face.

It’s not a bad thing to be privileged. I wish people would understand that. You should be happy you haven't had to face many hardships in life relating to characteristics which you have no control over. Carrie could use her platform to raise so many voices, but yet she just chooses to do shit like this.
That's exactly why, it's become trendy. Same with mental health, gender and everything else. It gets them attention and seen to be part of the conversation

Mark81

VIP Member
Don't know if that's the reason. I am speculating? I'm sure I read somewhere yesterday that the reason ALW is on Loose tomorrow is because he has an announcement to make? Surely it's not just to flog tickets? Unless ALW is still trying to ride the coattails of Malala?
Who knows...let's face it with this show and this creative team anything is possible 🤣

Mark81

VIP Member
Could this be people leaving to get a train etc or is it not that near the end of the show?

Can't tell if he means this happens more than once or not

Insomiaflamingo

VIP Member
There’s a rumour of Newsies coming in 2022 (dear god yes please that would be an absolute dream) but yet again it’s another female leading lady role in her cast age range… that she can’t do due to an inability to tap dance - yes there are many actresses who can’t and get on fine it’s just a topical example of her main issue
Oh god I hope that’s true and they keep it true to the Broadway version, such beautiful staging and massive production!

Reactions: 1

thisiscat

Chatty Member
There was a point when I thought her timing was off in that video but then I realised the audio was out of sync slightly with the video. It was more obvious towards the end of the clip. Did anyone else notice the crew member in the corner at the end of the song? Haha.

CeeThreeTV

Screenshot_20211203_113833.jpg

Looks like Carrie WILL be on Loose Women with ALW this lunchtime because she has just shared this... This is a Loose Women/Lorraine Dressing Room at ITV Studios Television Centre.......... What do we think? Carrie is going to Broadway???????

Lilykins

VIP Member
Their anniversary seems to change quite a lot. It might be because she has an official anniversary, plus one for when they met, plus another one for when they became friends with benefits… either way I’m still convinced she cheated!
I’m not aware of carries dating history pre- Oliver… was she with someone when she met him, then??

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
There’s a rumour of Newsies coming in 2022 (dear god yes please that would be an absolute dream) but yet again it’s another female leading lady role in her cast age range… that she can’t do due to an inability to tap dance - yes there are many actresses who can’t and get on fine it’s just a topical example of her main issue
If she even thinks about asking for the role of Katherine I will riot! We don't need to hear her shitty kermit the frog impression again

• Heart