Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmer_moans

VIP Member
Don’t mean to derail the thread at all but I’m in the interval of Frozen and oh. My. God. Steph and Sam’s voices are just on a whole other plain but they prove that kind of excellence can be done with good training and maintenance it’s just so gorgeous and while the Elsa first cover has had a decent number of shows Sam does this show without an alternate 👀
Fabulous, enjoy the second half!

Reactions: 1

CatsandKnitting

I can't see Carrie being offered a lead role after Cinderella. She'll probably pass it off as her taking time out of theatre work to focus on other parts of her life. Where does that leave her? She doesn't audition for roles because that's beneath her obviously, her books are mediocre and her YouTube channel is dying.
has she said she doesn't audition anymore?

londongirl2001

VIP Member
There's a very strong anti-trans movement in the UK, endangering trans people's lives and JK Rowling is the movement's very public supporter. Her being in transphobes' corner is a biggie and they are proud of that and feel validated in their attempts to restrict trans people's rights and painting them (especially trans women) as a threat to women and children. It wasn't just one shit comment forever ago. This is ongoing and gaining power, sadly. Which is all I will say about this, but I know JK has a thread on here so you can definitely ask there :)

Mod edit
If people want to talk about this going forward check out the relevant threads in other forums as to not spoil this thread.
Which is exactly what I said :)

Last edited:

dull-board1243

VIP Member
In fairness all 4 if the 'names' are weak in different regards and I don't believe would be cast without their name recognition. Michael ball is a great musical theatre performer but javart is not his role, he also spits a lot and has an odd lisp I've never heard him have before. Alfie boe, like Carrie, isn't an actor and is dead behind the eyes. I also find his voice too harsh for the role. Matt is all humour but no darkness, and Carrie is Carrie

The supporting cast however are excellent with among the best cosette, marius and enjolras I've seen. And the ensemble don't have a weak link. Overall though I think the 10th anniversary is the best concert followed by 25th and then this one.
Okay, who's more of a stunt cast? Nick Jonas or Carrie?

shesaidit

That’s confusing? I really can’t vision how that works
Ermmm... how can I describe it.... it's like a theatre in the round (google pics). The whole front section just slides around until the stage is surrounded by the front section which is now at the back of the stage and the non-moving section of the stalls becomes the front.

shesaidit

Question about the seats for Cinderella that go into the stage.
If people have their bags by their feet and theirs is one of the chairs that go onto the stage, wouldn’t that mean their bags would be in the stage as well? I’m just trying to envision how that actually looks
No, you don't actually go onto the stage, just the section of seating you're sat in revolves around it. Your bags stay by your feet. :)

Mark81

VIP Member
This says a lot I think