Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How’s Oliver? I’ve heard mixed reviews about his performance and accent.
I would say he’s good. I think this issue with his accent is they’re all doing American accents in a way but he’s the only one very obviously doing a strong to cartoonish American accent, now that I’ve seen Book of Mormon live I’m 90% sure he’s just doing his Elder Price American accent (I hope that makes sense to anyone who’s seen the show) so it does sound quite odd next to Sam and Steph’s far more subtle accents - in terms of performance again I’d put him in the good category especially for dorky Hans, but the accent and some questionable extreme facial expressions does made the twist a little less dramatic than I think it’s meant to be really, so while o would say he’s overshadowed he certainly doesn’t make anything worse if that makes sense? I did actually really like his dorky Hans though like in Love is an Open Door and he’s certainly got a really good voice and his dancing is really good for that number

Reactions: 21
No one has ever criticised anyone for taking time off. The issue has been when she hasn't been on despite the schedule saying she is. Yes, you can be ill but she has been off and hasn't been. Audience members have been disappointed, which is their right, and have messaged that disappointment. The issue is the divas response, making a complete drama, making herself out to be some kind of hero, when all she could do is ignore the messages. Like a professional would. Oh, hang on, that's right......

Has anyone seen any of the finale!? Does anyone know what it looks like?! 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Also, if someone doesn't mind letting Carrie know that if they are going to do that dance at the end, could they get in rhythm with each other at least!?

Reactions: 10
She’s still going on and on about how the producers can’t guarantee who goes on or whatever….what is she trying to prove still? She’s already posted that a few days ago.

Reactions: 9
I think this may be her last leading role for a while. She’s clearly been benched for whatever reason.

Reactions: 23
Back to Les Miserables or WoTW?
I hope not. That’ll only prove that she doesn’t have range at all. She’s a show repeater. She’s too young to be Madame T, but too old to be Eponine, and she’s already been Fantine. There’s not much left for her there.

How old is Beth supposed to be anyway? Iirc she was in her early twenties when she first played her. I don’t know much about WOTW to properly say if she could still pull Beth off.

Reactions: 10
I would say he’s good. I think this issue with his accent is they’re all doing American accents in a way but he’s the only one very obviously doing a strong to cartoonish American accent, now that I’ve seen Book of Mormon live I’m 90% sure he’s just doing his Elder Price American accent (I hope that makes sense to anyone who’s seen the show) so it does sound quite odd next to Sam and Steph’s far more subtle accents - in terms of performance again I’d put him in the good category especially for dorky Hans, but the accent and some questionable extreme facial expressions does made the twist a little less dramatic than I think it’s meant to be really, so while o would say he’s overshadowed he certainly doesn’t make anything worse if that makes sense? I did actually really like his dorky Hans though like in Love is an Open Door and he’s certainly got a really good voice and his dancing is really good for that number
I would agree re the accent - very Kermit the Frog. Wasn't impressed but fair play, I think he does the best he can? Hans isn't written well imo.

Reactions: 9
I agree. She can’t take the heat of criticism and bad sm presence. I don’t know where she can go from here.
Considering in the grazia article she said social media was her career, I doubt she will care. Guess theatre is a hobby

Reactions: 2
Tom clearly fuming with negative feedback on strictly and giving the face.

The Fletchers can't hide their annoyance at criticism

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Btw I’m pretty sure Carrie will be performing on Strictly Musicals week. ALW would never miss the opportunity

Reactions: 3
Btw I’m pretty sure Carrie will be performing on Strictly Musicals week. ALW would never miss the opportunity
She's not it's the guy who played Jamie in the film version of ETAJ 😊 unless they're going to have to musical performances

Reactions: 12
She's not it's the guy who played Jamie in the film version of ETAJ 😊 unless they're going to have to musical performances
She’ll make some sort of comment about how amazing her friend is and posting a picture of them both from her Halloween party, even though I’m pretty sure they’d never met before hand and he came with someone else

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.