Carrie Hope Fletcher #13 With This Miss(ed Performance)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whether it’s her schedule, time off, her commute, or dealing with customers - she seems to think that her job is wildly different from almost every other job out there? If anything, she has it easier. Sure, she commutes - but she’s headed for local panto eventually if she keeps this attitude up so that’ll be that issue solved for her.
But in no other job could someone call out sick as much as she does, nor would they get away with saying the things she does on social media, especially if that social media is also tied to her job.

Perhaps a spoonful of reality would help her ego go down.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Even if she did do 8 shows a week, on the assumption that its a 4 hour call, that's only 32 hours a week - Barely even full time hours. And its not like shes on stage for that whole time.
Like someone else pointed out, crew and stage managers don't get the luxury of days off (apart from booked holidays) and their job is far more demanding physically.

Reactions: 14
And the ensemble and swings who have to come in to learn new tracks and rehearse before the rest of the cast get there for the day.

Reactions: 11
Even if she did do 8 shows a week, on the assumption that its a 4 hour call, that's only 32 hours a week - Barely even full time hours. And its not like shes on stage for that whole time.
Like someone else pointed out, crew and stage managers don't get the luxury of days off (apart from booked holidays) and their job is far more demanding physically.
I work in a theatre and the amount of work people are doing backstage is insane - not just stage mama gets but even stewards/front of house are running round like headless chickens trying to sort a ton of stuff out

I work in a theatre and the amount of work people are doing backstage is insane - not just stage mama gets but even stewards/front of house are running round like headless chickens trying to sort a ton of stuff out
*manager….not mama 😂😂 (I’d love a stage mama though 🤣)

Last edited:
  • Haha
I do wonder if the reason she's being especially sensitive about the missing shows/fans being disappointed thing is because it's not her choice. She's dropped a few hints recently that suggest the changes to her schedule come from up higher rather than her asking to take some time off and that she's not best pleased.

If that's the case, I get why people saying they're disappointed they didn't see her might be a sore spot for her; she may well be disappointed herself! However, she needs to suck it up and keep her mouth shut if she can't say why. Getting into arguments with fans and paying customers isn't helping her case or reputation at all.

I do wonder if the reason she's being especially sensitive about the missing shows/fans being disappointed thing is because it's not her choice. She's dropped a few hints recently that suggest the changes to her schedule come from up higher rather than her asking to take some time off and that she's not best pleased.

If that's the case, I get why people saying they're disappointed they didn't see her might be a sore spot for her; she may well be disappointed herself! However, she needs to suck it up and keep her mouth shut if she can't say why. Getting into arguments with fans and paying customers isn't helping her case or reputation at all.
She needs to pick a lane too. She's heavily implying that she's had to miss performances because of ill health (physical or mental) but she's also been hinting that the decision has come from higher up and it's out of her hands, which suggests it's for a different reason altogether. Either tell us the reason and deal with the consequences of quit bitching either way!

She could turn off mentions in her notifications for people who she doesn't follow, and she could stop name searching herself, but she won't do any of these things and will continue to get upset about people expressing their disappointment at not seeing her when they booked to see her. Nobody's forcing her to engage, she can take steps so she never has to see these kinds of comments again, but she won't.

Reactions: 20
The way I see it, it’s like online food shopping. You order a specific product, but if that’s not available you get offered / given a substitute. Rogue substitutions aside (we’ve all had them) It’s a similar product and it performs the same function as you had planned for the other product. You’re a bit disappointed because it’s not exactly what you ordered, but what you are offered is also fine and you may even like it! You may even like it more! But even so, you’re allowed to feel disappointed that you didn’t get what you specifically asked for. You might even give the substitution back and wait until the product you like is back in stock, if you’re able to do so. It’s the same in theatre - you pick a show because you’ve been told a certain actor is available but you find out on the day that they’re not. The alternative is still great of course but you’re allowed to say “it’s a shame I didn’t get to see you / I’m disappointed I didn’t get to see you”. Obviously being abusive or rude is not on, but most of the messages I’ve seen haven’t been like that.
But honestly Carrie needs to stop harping on about “8 shows a week”. Quite a few of the company (and especially the crew) are doing 8-show weeks. Carrie isn’t one of them (whether that’s her decision or not).

Reactions: 33
And the ensemble and swings who have to come in to learn new tracks and rehearse before the rest of the cast get there for the day.
She wouldn't cut it as a swing. The only time she did multiple tracks was in her early days in Les Mis.

Reactions: 6
Thing is 8 shows a week has always been and is the norm. When did it become acceptable to accept sub standard performance. Imagine in any job saying you could only do a certain portion of your job hours. Stop explaining away poor behaviour and weak work ethic. It's entitled, its not your employers or the audience that had the problem, you are not up to the job! In fairness to Carrie this is an HR issue across all industries and sectors, people aren't used to hearing no and think they are entitled to whatever they want and cry mental health at the drop of a hat.

If you can't hack it you shouldn't be doing it.
If this was Eva peron, Christine etc I'd understand it. Those a big roles in terms of acting, emotion, vocals, physicality etc. Cinderella isn't any of those and gets a large chunk of the show off to rest in dressing room.

Reactions: 7
She just needs to pick her audience. She can whine about her job all she wants, but she’s a public figure. The average Joe probably doesn’t want to see it.

I complain about my working patterns all the time (I work unsociable hours in PR). To my friends, who understand and empathise. But I also know that: I work from home, the pay isn’t bad, and I’m lucky enough that, if I wanted to quit, I could.

Carrie is a similar case. She might feel tired, ALW might be an hole, she might overstrain her (untrained) voice. But she has no idea how lucky she really is. She has about 8 different sources of income, an adoring fan base, and a job that most people (myself included) consider to be a dream job. And after all that, she gets time off when she can’t hack it. And still whines to her fans on Twitter.

She just needs to pick her audience. She can whine about her job all she wants, but she’s a public figure. The average Joe probably doesn’t want to see it.

I complain about my working patterns all the time (I work unsociable hours in PR). To my friends, who understand and empathise. But I also know that: I work from home, the pay isn’t bad, and I’m lucky enough that, if I wanted to quit, I could.

Carrie is a similar case. She might feel tired, ALW might be an hole, she might overstrain her (untrained) voice. But she has no idea how lucky she really is. She has about 8 different sources of income, an adoring fan base, and a job that most people (myself included) consider to be a dream job. And after all that, she gets time off when she can’t hack it. And still whines to her fans on Twitter.
Completely the same, I don't like my job but I'm luckier than many and only complain to a select people

Reactions: 3
Don’t mean to derail the thread at all but I’m in the interval of Frozen and oh. My. God. Steph and Sam’s voices are just on a whole other plain but they prove that kind of excellence can be done with good training and maintenance it’s just so gorgeous and while the Elsa first cover has had a decent number of shows Sam does this show without an alternate 👀

Don’t mean to derail the thread at all but I’m in the interval of Frozen and oh. My. God. Steph and Sam’s voices are just on a whole other plain but they prove that kind of excellence can be done with good training and maintenance it’s just so gorgeous and while the Elsa first cover has had a decent number of shows Sam does this show without an alternate 👀
Fabulous, enjoy the second half!

Reactions: 1
How’s Oliver? I’ve heard mixed reviews about his performance and accent.

Reactions: 3
Look at this competition that they're promoting on the ALW Cindermehla facebook page.

First prize - two tickets to Cindermehla
Second prize - four tickets to Cindermehla :ROFLMAO:
Second prize winner gets to punish more of their friends.

And you've got to wait 125 days for the compo to end. Will the show still be on then?

1636753049892.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.