Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carrie is gorgeous but I really wish she'd grow out of this crazy big hair, old woman, wannabe eccentric style. She looks years older than she actually is when she's trying to be the new Helena Bonham Carter. I don't think I realised how old she looks when dressed like this until the pics of her at the marathon made her look 10 years younger.

Reactions: 27
Just thinking how annoyed I'd be if I was an actor and I'd seen that article claiming they saved the west end lol

Reactions: 14
Just thinking how annoyed I'd be if I was an actor and I'd seen that article claiming they saved the west end lol
Especially if you were in the casts of Six and the rest of Les Mis, and ETAJ who were some of the very first shows to open loooong before these two shows
Also, I completely get that the actors are the faces of theatre etc, but I’d also be pissed if I was part of the crew all the way up the the big guys who had to think of a way to do any theatre and had to come up with running the shows I’ve mentioned like the Les Mis concert in Dec with no help whatsoever when everything was changing - I just feel they could have gone with “helping a booming west end” or something that gave credit to the work that lets them get on stage in the first place

Reactions: 16
That article is such tripe lmao. I come from an actual working class background in the north of england, my dad was a steelworker for god’s sake. She had a famous, wealthy brother to support her AND her family which gave her so many more opportunities and resources to go to auditions, go to a different school when she got bullied, form connections through Tom. It really f*cks me off when people say she’s from a working class background when I remember having cold sandwiches for my dinner and not getting central heating until I was about 16 lol. That aside, the article is generally just really boring. Maybe because I already know everything in the article from vlogs? Idk. 🤪

Reactions: 19
I don’t really know how she can now say her name and or social stats don’t help her get coverage like this now - there are other similar stories, Alice Fearn is in Come From Away and her husband was an off site cover for Hairspray (a role so specific to covid) and also in Come From Away two of their actors are brother and sister

there have been other lovely cover stories like Holly Ann Hull getting her first professional gig as lead Christine on the Phantom tour, getting only 13 shows before it’s cancelled, being in Les Mis at the forefront of theatre getting back and then being cast as alternate Christine in the west end - there are tones of stories in Les Mis as well if people who have followed theatre throughout it getting back up and running that would have been awesome to see mainstream coverage outside the theatre world

Reactions: 6
Are they? I’ve never seen or heard of that in my life to be honest?
Yep and many other things too, I work for the guide dogs and it’s very common for our clients to wear high vis clothes too. It’s in case they wander off or find themselves in a slightly dangerous situation and can’t react to their surroundings, they are a little more noticeable. Some also have information on the back informing people why they are wearing high vis clothing.
Tbh I don’t think it matters if she knows that it could be that or not, even if it’s just someone who came straight from their work which requires them to wear such clothing. What she said is still pretty rude.

Reactions: 5
I assure you ALW's office would be behind this.......an ALW show featured and two of his theatres. Disney obviously not going to say no. If the Guardian wanted to do an article on theatre they should have focused on an independent producing house, ideally out if London.

Ormson was “the head hunk” in the workshop, Fletcher notes. “You look like a Disney prince,” she laughs. “Your jawline could cut glass for god’s sake.”

🙄🙄 really?
it annoys me that the article states how Carrie comes from a working class background. She went to private school, had multiple holidays abroad, a celebrity brother and parents who had the time and money to support her theatre career as a child performer. She is clearly middle class. Why lie about it?

Reactions: 24
As soon as I heard the broadway talk I thought they would probably close the London production. Just makes sense and save on investment

I assure you ALW's office would be behind this.......an ALW show featured and two of his theatres. Disney obviously not going to say no. If the Guardian wanted to do an article on theatre they should have focused on an independent producing house, ideally out if London.
The dust paid to theatres like the Hope Mill and Chichester Festival when they both had absolutely incredible Summer runs (CFT without a single positive covid case in the cast, too) is really doing my head in.

Reactions: 8
The photo looks so forced and awkward, the lighting completely washes out Oliver and it looks so staged. The outfits clash it's just a horror and in bad taste. Is her dress from Joanie collection though?

Watching Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney plus and when miss piggy appears at the start, and how she is acting with kermit on the video chat to gonzo is so Carrie 🤭

Here's the clip

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Did she really just post a story explaining that she's not going to explain something? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Long time lurker (going back to early GG days!) and first time poster. Not sure if it's the miserable weather today or the fact I've got a lot of work I should be doing, but between the article and her narcissist/exhaling negativity rant on Insta I've just lost all faith that old Carrie will ever come back.

Has something happened on one of her socials that's brought on this new rant?

Reactions: 9
Carrie, saying you’re inhaling positivity and exhaling negativity means you’re putting negativity out into the world, surely?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Same as above, long time Lurker again from GG days, first time poster.... but I agree!

Her rant is due to the fact she has all week chopped and changed the shows she's doing, and clearly some people are a little pissed. Myself having been one (but I didn't comment to her).

I went to see the show on Thursday evening. Waited qp months since booking, show has been cancelled lat month due to covid and moved, to turn up and see Carrie was not in. She didn't post to say she wasn't going to be performing that night until after the show had started.

Although gutted at first, I'm not going to lie and say I actually think Georgina was better (I've seen carrie in different productions now)....

When she is used to sell tickets and then has an attitude of people are dissapointed that she's not there, then have the audacity to post her latest video saying she's not going to explain herself...

I really don't like the entitlement and ego she has now. I think she's rude to the people who made her famous from her youtube days (and Tom's fans).

I miss the sweet carrie or actually cared about people.... long may she be gone.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.