Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
There’s this absolute gem in the Cinderella programme, do you think Andy wrote down “Cinderella in Doc Martens” and called it a dayView attachment 789857
This is in the programme? That’s so embarrassing. It’s entirely possible to play a role if you don’t wear the same clothes as the character. It’s acting.

‘I love the colour blue, that’s why they called me for Avatar.’
‘I knew I was destined to get a role in Titanic as I can’t fucking swim.’

• Haha
Reactions: 58

TheUnknownLaura

VIP Member
As much as Carrie pisses me off, I think people are being a bit harsh on her regarding the marathon saying she only walked it - a marathon is a marathon weather you run it or walk it. I don’t know about you but I couldn’t walk that far

Reactions: 46

Illogic_ally

Okay so now that Carrie has run a full marathon and a few halves, can we put to bed the whole ‘she eats nothing but sweets and is lazy blah blah blah’?

Don’t get me wrong, Carrie is no fitness guru by any stretch, but she’s literally just completed a marathon, I think people can accept that she’s clearly got a decent level of fitness

Reactions: 41
Carrie couldn't go on Broadway because she'd die of shock after learning that there are other US states that aren't Florida.

• Haha
Reactions: 37

cherryblossomlatte

Chatty Member
Okay but the Oliver video of finding her between shows while she was running was actually super adorable.

I don’t think I will ever be able to run a marathon and while I groaned at her crying selfie. Good for her for actually doing the marathon!

Reactions: 36

Lilu22

VIP Member
Made me laugh how it says Oliver is from a working class family up north and would struggle to afford train tickets to London to audition and Carrie is also from a working class family, a family which could afford multiple trips to Florida most years…

dull-board1243

VIP Member
UPDATE: She messaged me personally telling me that my questions were very rude and out of place for her page….looks like she can’t handle the hot seat.m
All I asked was that if it’s bad etiquette to watch Georgina, how come Sophie watched her cover in Wicked? And I also asked her why she doesn’t want to learn sheet music considering there’s dozens of videos on YT that teach it for free, since classism was her last response as to why she didn’t learn it.

• Haha
  • Wow

Goldeelox

I think people are allowed to be disappointed if they booked a show based on the top billed star name and that person was a no show at the last minute. It’s only natural - theatre tickets are expensive on their own before you factor in travel/ hotel costs etc. Not everyone is well off like Carrie.

She makes a big deal out of these tweets but I didn’t see anyone saying anything that bad or disrespectful to the understudy. Think she wanted sympathy and kudos from others.

tat.jpg

She's really selling the show for people.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 35

Kiwi179

Carrie Hope Fletcher #12 Constant Twitter rows, Smug whilst taking bows… how much longer will she be ALW’s cash cow? 😴

• Haha
Reactions: 33

bcfc999

Chatty Member
Next thread title suggestion: Carrie 'Nope' Fletcher: Cinderella's lost it's magic, social media behaviours tragic

Thank god Carrie Hope Pankhurst is here to speak out for what she believes in 💪🏻 I don’t know what theatre would do without her, she’s such a light in the community. (Insert passive aggressive heart emoji.)
Carrie Hope Pankhurst 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:

bumblebee1991

Les Mis as Eponine - not a stunt cast
WotW - bit of a stunt cast
Chitty - bit of a stunt cast
Addams - half a stunt cast
Christmasaurus - NEPOTISM (jk because it was a family thing anyway and fair play but also not jk because why was the protagonist child played by an actual child but the antagonist child was played by an adult??)
Heathers - undeniable stunt cast
Les Mis as Fantine - bit of a stunt cast
Cinderella - undeniable stunt cast

Let me know your opinions

Kitt

VIP Member
So sad that she doesn’t go to work and then searches Twitter to see who’s disappointed she’s not there. It’s like an ego boost for her. She’d fake her own death and then go undercover at her own funeral to see people cry over her.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

DigiDuino

So I know this is the Carrie thread but this story about ALW made my morning

“Patti Lupone was under contract to star in Sunset Boulevard when it moved to Broadway, and Andrew Lloyd Webber broke that contract and had Glenn Close play the role.
Lupone took him to court for it, and used the settlement to buy a pool, which she then named 'The Andrew Lloyd Webber Memorial Pool.’”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31