Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she acting like she’s speaking out about something revolutionary and not being a dick to audience members on Twitter?
(Also I wanted to like some of these tweets but don’t actually have Twitter, just having a nosy today seeing as she’s having yet another argument lol)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Oh my god, if I were her friend, I’d just want to shake her and beg her to shut up!! She does herself no favours. And I’m in the minority of this group in that I don’t think she’s technically wrong - although she is a blatant stunt cast, you still book to see Cinderella. I remember when I went to see Daniel Radcliffe in a play, and I would’ve been absolutely gutted if he hadn’t shown - but that doesn’t mean I can ask for refunds.

Regardless of who is right or wrong though, Carrie has acted like a petulant teenager and I’m pretty disgusted. Literally no other actor would be allowed to get away with this tit?? It’s so unprofessional. Do your work and keep your mouth shut, you’re literally wasting so many hours just jabbering away on Twitter to people who either: are goading you into these pathetic responses on purpose (fair enough, because you always give in) or are stans who hype you up regardless but ultimately have no concept of the real life career implications. Just get a grip.

Reactions: 18
I'll say that it definitely is possible to be ill for a short time or at least recover enough in a few hours. (For instance, I used to randomly get super bad period pains - like unable to stand, on the verge of passing out level of bad - that could last an hour or two then disappear as suddenly as it started. But since they were so random/occasional, I had no way of predicting when/where it would happen - and I still had some friends be v. dismissive of it despite literally watching me experience it, never mind random strangers on the internet.)
Even something as simple (albeit embarrassing) as an 'upset stomach' can be fixed with the right medication but still needs some time to work. And I don't think anyone would want to run the risk of an 'incident' occuring if you had someone who could step in 😅

So while I believe Carrie has probably felt well enough to power through to avoid missing another show, she definitely could have handled it better. You don't need to broadcast your whole medical history to Twitter but even a simple "Unfortunately I am/was too unwell this afternoon for the matinee but thanks to Georgia for saving the ball! ✨" would go a long way - and just ignore the people complaining after that.
You don't need to justify it further. But the more you double down on insisting you don't need to justify it, the more people will start to demand an explanation 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Why is she acting like she’s speaking out about something revolutionary and not being a dick to audience members on Twitter?
(Also I wanted to like some of these tweets but don’t actually have Twitter, just having a nosy today seeing as she’s having yet another argument lol)
Thank god Carrie Hope Pankhurst is here to speak out for what she believes in 💪🏻 I don’t know what theatre would do without her, she’s such a light in the community. (Insert passive aggressive heart emoji.)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Can't believe the little Warrior Princess is still going on this :rolleyes:🤪

I see that @sf26458351 has made their account private now, probably received a barrage of brutal DMs from the Hatefuls.

1633998587407.png

Well said Laura
(prepare to be blocked though)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Looks like Christina Bennington was also at the same showing of Come From Away that Carrie was at. I can just imagine the daggers.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
You're not on the barricades now Carrie, dear!

• Haha
Next thread title suggestion: Carrie 'Nope' Fletcher: Cinderella's lost it's magic, social media behaviours tragic

Thank god Carrie Hope Pankhurst is here to speak out for what she believes in 💪🏻 I don’t know what theatre would do without her, she’s such a light in the community. (Insert passive aggressive heart emoji.)
Carrie Hope Pankhurst 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 33
Carrie Hope Pankhurst: Social media behaviour is the worst, Cinderella seems to be cursed - can’t get off Twitter when her ego needs to be nursed 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Looks like Christina Bennington was also at the same showing of Come From Away that Carrie was at. I can just imagine the daggers.
I get really bitchy vibes from Christina tbh. Get the feeling she’s cut from the same cloth as Carrie and is a bit better at hiding it.

Carrie Hope Pankhurst 😂 that needs to be in the next thread title somehow.

Reactions: 4
The irony of Carrie sharing this when she’s always complaining about something 🤣

D4141392-9100-43E4-9FA8-3707EFF8140D.jpeg

Reactions: 9
How has she, as a London based person actually in the Musical Theatre industry, taken this long to go and see and discover Come From Away?

Did they only just give in and finally let her have comp tickets or something?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
She's briefly posted something. Honestly I'm kinda hoping she doesn't go on about it/it doesn't become her thing. It's one of my favourite shows and I don't think I could cope with her whole look at this new thing I discovered. As well as her stans pushing for her to be cast - at least CFA doesn't need any stunt casting!
Welcome to the experience of following her and also being an F1 fan 😂 It’s sad that I get the feeling she would have gushed about it had she seen Alice Fearn and been able to tag her get her to repost it - Alice has been incredible for standing up for actors and the self employed during covid, doing her intermissions shows and her career itself is going from strength to strength being one of the most amazing former Elphabas - but then saying that Carrie should be gushing about it because Alice has actually come down with that horrible super cold so Carrie with saw Jennifer Teirney (spelling will be wrong apologies) who was Glinda on the wicked uk tour and generally great, or depending on if this happened last night or the night before, Carrie would have seen the fricking DEBUT of the 2nd cover in that Beverly role, it’s the best chance she could have hoped for to try and back peddle and positive up her rants and arguments on Twitter but showing off how incredible the covers are, but nope we get nearly complete silence and her talent for eating Oreo’s 😂

meanwhile Alice, whilst being I’ll, shared the post from the new Les Mis dance captain who in the 10 days or something she’s been with the show has done 5 split tracks every day has dealt with every emergency under the sun and generally been brilliant - literally the difference astounds me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How has she, as a London based person actually in the Musical Theatre industry, taken this long to go and see and discover Come From Away?

Did they only just give in and finally let her have comp tickets or something?
I don't actually think she is a theatre fan. She never really goes or talks about theatre outside of what she's in

Reactions: 17
I don't actually think she is a theatre fan. She never really goes or talks about theatre outside of what she's in
Exactly. She could so easily do a "What's On" round up every few months on youtube, like Amy Lovatt does, like Katherine Steele does, both clearly consume musical theatre and have a passion for talking about it . Other actors don't get away with acting up on social media either, also they are less likely to as they will have lived breathed and trained musical theatre to get where they are whereas Carrie has been handed it and is so ungrateful and is sabotaging her career.

Reactions: 10
From my knowledge she didn’t know Book Of Mormon, Jesus Christ Superstar, Dear Evan Hansen, Everyone’s Talking About Jamie or South Pacific…
I feel like she know the “one song”from a musical and leaves it there (let’s not go into her album and what awful covers she did choose yuck)

She didn't even know of heathers until she was stunt casted and did that god awful cover of 'Fight for me'

Reactions: 6
I’ve said this about other people, but I don’t think she loves theatre for what it is. I think she just loves being the centre of attention!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.