Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the Les Mis Capt, Carrie tweeted that she was fantastic and the girl replied, you are missed!!

Reactions: 1
Re the Les Mis Capt, Carrie tweeted that she was fantastic and the girl replied, you are missed!!
I mentioned this in my post so apologies for missing this I only see Carrie’s Instagram whereas I see Alice’s Twitter and IG so I saw her post first and didn’t see Carrie’s tweet

Could you imagine if someone like Christy Altomare behaved the way Carrie is right now while Anastasia was running? I’m only comparing since I think Christy is someone who Carrie wishes she was. I mean Christy is living her Broadway princess dreams with real adoring fans while Carrie is stuck doing off brand Cinderella.

Reactions: 12
Could you imagine if someone like Christy Altomare behaved the way Carrie is right now while Anastasia was running? I’m only comparing since I think Christy is someone who Carrie wishes she was. I mean Christy is living her Broadway princess dreams with real adoring fans while Carrie is stuck doing off brand Cinderella.
Christy is just brilliant. I saw her on Broadway as Anastasia and she was just wonderful. I went to the stage door and she came out late and apologised but thanked me for waiting for her and she was SO lovely, appreciative and chatty. You know when someone just has a really lovely presence/energy? Ironically I met Carrie at a signing around the same time and she gave the total opposite vibe. She was pleasant enough but it was very forced and she barely spoke at all. I do agree with Carrie that stage door isn’t a meet and greet and I never expect to meet anyone at the stage door but her and Carrie are just so different.

Reactions: 8
I skipped through her cover of Burn on Spotify (because honestly, her voice is often painful to the ears) and man, someone needs to tell her that belting does not equal emotion. There’s no *feeling* to anything she sings.

Reactions: 13
Why ✋🏻 Does she 🤌 Talk like 👋 This 👉 All the freaking time 👋🏻 On stories??

No one in real life talks with their hands by their face like that. All of her mannerisms are so forced.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Why ✋🏻 Does she 🤌 Talk like 👋 This 👉 All the freaking time 👋🏻 On stories??

No one in real life talks with their hands by their face like that. All of her mannerisms are so forced.
Maybe she’s going to tell us she’s part-Italian so she can have another interesting quirk that sets her aside from other middle-class white women.
Also to be fair to her about not going to the theatre, she’s often in a show at the same time as the other shows. That being said, now she’s having a million days off, she might start going more now. Or maybe she’s got some rule that it’s bad etiquette to see other people in other shows because [insert a made-up rule by Carrie].

Reactions: 8
Maybe she’s going to tell us she’s part-Italian so she can have another interesting quirk that sets her aside from other middle-class white women.
Also to be fair to her about not going to the theatre, she’s often in a show at the same time as the other shows. That being said, now she’s having a million days off, she might start going more now. Or maybe she’s got some rule that it’s bad etiquette to see other people in other shows because [insert a made-up rule by Carrie].
I would give her more flack on seeing shows if she didn’t open after several other shows and if other actors haven’t already proved it’s more than possible - I’m not sure if it is one of her pre-announced weeks off but Sophie Evans, the currently Glinda in Wicked, went to a show in Cardiff I believe last night to support one of her best friends (she is from Cardiff which is why I’m thinking it may have been during some time off) but it’s still a statement that while it is tough it is possible - especially when you already have an alternate so already have some shows you’re scheduled not to be performing in without being ill etc

Reactions: 2
Aww I loved Sophie Evans on Over The Rainbow. So pleased for her with where her career has gone.

Reactions: 10
Aww I loved Sophie Evans on Over The Rainbow. So pleased for her with where her career has gone.
Yes I loved her on that show! I saw her in Wizard of Oz too as she was the understudy. We have a mutual friend and apparently she’s so sweet.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There are ways around it for companies.

Also interesting that the extra bank holiday next year isn't guaranteed. My sisters been told she has to take it out of annual leave, apparently something to do with the government not treating it same as normal bank holidays with employers
The 28 days can include bank holidays

Okay, so I know I’ve given her a bunch of crap in the past day or so. But why is it her job to announce schedule changes and not Cinderella’s SM manager unless she’s stunt casted and more people see her account than Cinder’s?Shouldn’t they be protecting her from people like that, especially if it was out of her control? Why did they leave her out to dry and deal with these people with no backup other than her mom?

Reactions: 14
Thing is her point is correct, you can't book a show and assume the star will be guaranteed to be on. Also she isn't above the title in the way other stars have been before, but she has been wheeled out as the main draw.

People will always have a witch and a moan when who they want to see is off. And some of those messages were out of order. However if she just ignored them, let them have a whinge, it would all be forgotten. She has escalated it and caused most of the problems herself with her own piss poor attitude.

Also, if you're calling out of a show, stay off social media. It's like those who call in sick to work and then still post on social media about what they're up to for their colleagues and managers to see.

Reactions: 14
Thing is her point is correct, you can't book a show and assume the star will be guaranteed to be on. Also she isn't above the title in the way other stars have been before, but she has been wheeled out as the main draw.

People will always have a witch and a moan when who they want to see is off. And some of those messages were out of order. However if she just ignored them, let them have a whinge, it would all be forgotten. She has escalated it and caused most of the problems herself with her own piss poor attitude.

Also, if you're calling out of a show, stay off social media. It's like those who call in sick to work and then still post on social media about what they're up to for their colleagues and managers to see.
It sounds like people were more annoyed that she was “sick” for the matinee but not the evening show, which is fair.

Reactions: 13
Super OT guys, but has anyone been to the Victoria Palace Theatre? I’m seeing Hamilton next week - I’m plus size and freaking out about whether I will fit comfortably in the seat 😔

Super OT guys, but has anyone been to the Victoria Palace Theatre? I’m seeing Hamilton next week - I’m plus size and freaking out about whether I will fit comfortably in the seat 😔
Where are you sitting? The grand circle is a bit of a squeeze with poor legroom.

I’d ring the theatre and speak to someone front of house 🙂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.