Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People will always have a witch and a moan when who they want to see is off.
The stars aren’t guaranteed, no, but they make you think they are. That’s the whole point in the PR campaigns. Having her on adverts on television and all over social media. Whenever I’ve seen PR for Cinderella her name is always along side the ads. She’s also advertised it herself all over her socials. Obviously this is what they want you to think every time they advertise a celebrity to be the star of the show, they want to sell out shows so they know what they are doing and they know there will be disappointed audience members when they realise the celebrity isn’t on that night. She should’ve ignored it completely, in fact, her replying was so so so unprofessional.

And the thing is, I don’t even see what messages were out of order though? The message said he’d be asking for a refund and was disappointed. Every one was making out she’d just had terrible messages sent her way.

She’s had no experience of the real world at all.

Reactions: 10
The message comparing to a Beyonce concert was unfair and not an accurate comparison

Reactions: 4
The message comparing to a Beyonce concert was unfair and not an accurate comparison
That was unfair on the understudy, yeah. However would the understudy have seen this, or, would that person have replied, had Carrie not posted what she did?
She drew attention to the understudy in her tweet in a mean way. The message Carrie was referring to in her initial tweet was that message about a refund and disappointment. She made a huge deal because of a message like that? Now the understudy wouldn’t have seen that, had Carrie not publicly screenshot and post it on social media. As others have said on here, she could’ve ignored it and remained professional, but now the understudy was dragged into it and actually felt so embarrassed for her. Apart from that one message(and Carrie 100% would’ve screenshotted the “worst” one she could find, which was hardly nasty) apart from that, there was only praise. Now the understudy is going to think no one wants to see her and only go for Carrie.
Carrie is a narcissist, that’s why. It has to be all about her. “Look how much people are disappointed not to see ME”. Sort of thing.

Reactions: 8
Why ✋🏻 Does she 🤌 Talk like 👋 This 👉 All the freaking time 👋🏻 On stories??

No one in real life talks with their hands by their face like that. All of her mannerisms are so forced.
this is my most hated thing about watching her, so aggressive!

Reactions: 13
It sounds like people were more annoyed that she was “sick” for the matinee but not the evening show, which is fair.
I think all of us agree that her point is correct. It's the way she went about it and the holes she kept digging is what's the problem.

I think all of us agree that her point is correct. It's the way she went about it and the holes she kept digging is what's the problem.
Exactly - if she had posted her initial tweet about that kind of response not being okay and left it at that, it would have been fine. It’s the going back and replying to every tweet in response that gives another point of view because she HAS to defend herself that doesn’t come off well. And to note, this came after her posts about not having to explain yourself to people who don’t understand you 🤨 Take your own advice Carrie!

Super OT guys, but has anyone been to the Victoria Palace Theatre? I’m seeing Hamilton next week - I’m plus size and freaking out about whether I will fit comfortably in the seat 😔
I was there on Friday last week. I won’t lie, the seats were quite narrow and not much leg room at all - my husband was in a fair bit of pain by the end.
Where abouts are you sat?

*This is all based on rumors at the moment* so, Theatre Fan’s Twitter account announced a sudden new casting for Jenna in the Waitress tour and based on his last tweet and the replies the general gossip is that Lucie Jones is going to go into Wickdd as one of the two witches 👀 I’m assuming Elphaba as that’s closer to her latest roles but she did do Cosette at the start of her career - the other rumour is that she’ll return to the planned legally blonde revival - if the first part is true can you just imagine the reaction from Carrie 😂 she’ll take those two conversations they’ve had public ally and make it out like they’re childhood friends whilst secretly seething

• Wow
Reactions: 10
*This is all based on rumors at the moment* so, Theatre Fan’s Twitter account announced a sudden new casting for Jenna in the Waitress tour and based on his last tweet and the replies the general gossip is that Lucie Jones is going to go into Wickdd as one of the two witches 👀 I’m assuming Elphaba as that’s closer to her latest roles but she did do Cosette at the start of her career - the other rumour is that she’ll return to the planned legally blonde revival - if the first part is true can you just imagine the reaction from Carrie 😂 she’ll take those two conversations they’ve had public ally and make it out like they’re childhood friends whilst secretly seething
If she plays Elphaba I can imagine that Carrie will be absolutely raging. I truly never see Carrie getting that role but if we do, we'll never hear the end of it. God help us

Reactions: 12
If playing Veronica and Wednesday hurt Carrie’s voice, Elphaba would surely kill it!

Reactions: 19
If she plays Elphaba I can imagine that Carrie will be absolutely raging. I truly never see Carrie getting that role but if we do, we'll never hear the end of it. God help us
Honestly, I think her ego will completely lock her out of it, Wicked very rarely don’t hire from “inside” and most Elphabas have started on tour or as the Alternate or first cover - take Laura Pick now she’s been alternate for three years and took over as principle when Nikki, who was Elphaba on the tour, left. Even when they have actors going on maternity leave they’ve brought Sophie Evans back in from last years cast. Yes Alice Fearn and Lucie Jones would be hiring from outside so it’s not a 100% rule but they’ve already put the work in and are insane - Carrie’s ego especially after Cinderella would never take a cover or alternate role despite how great it would be to show aspiring musical theatre actors “this is the life of the alternates” etc

I actually watched some of her older videos and she used to mention specific “bucket list roles” like Elphaba and obviously half jokes but was half serious talking about wanting to play Elsa etc, but now I’ve noticed she barley if ever now mentions specific roles she wants to play, it’s just always going on about those she’s done

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
They would have the bring the songs down a key or two to accommodate her. I don’t think they would do that. She show does well enough without needing a stunt cast.

Reactions: 11
The cherry picker would never manage to lift her off the ground for defying gravity....and by that I mean the weight of her ego not her body.

Reactions: 4
Obviously she’d be all over the poor guy playing Fiyero constantly, probably making him feel uncomfortable 🙄

Reactions: 8
Honestly, I think her ego will completely lock her out of it, Wicked very rarely don’t hire from “inside” and most Elphabas have started on tour or as the Alternate or first cover - take Laura Pick now she’s been alternate for three years and took over as principle when Nikki, who was Elphaba on the tour, left. Even when they have actors going on maternity leave they’ve brought Sophie Evans back in from last years cast. Yes Alice Fearn and Lucie Jones would be hiring from outside so it’s not a 100% rule but they’ve already put the work in and are insane - Carrie’s ego especially after Cinderella would never take a cover or alternate role despite how great it would be to show aspiring musical theatre actors “this is the life of the alternates” etc

I actually watched some of her older videos and she used to mention specific “bucket list roles” like Elphaba and obviously half jokes but was half serious talking about wanting to play Elsa etc, but now I’ve noticed she barley if ever now mentions specific roles she wants to play, it’s just always going on about those she’s done
She wouldn't have taken being cover Eponine when she started, let alone now that she's a "West End leading lady" lol

Reactions: 5
Yeah, I don't think Carrie's vocally up to playing Elphaba at all. And Wicked doesn't need a stunt cast or her social media following. Maybe Carrie might get Elsa on tour or something, but she has excluded herself from a lot of roles by virtue of her ego and limited skills (not much of a dancer, can't read sheet music, lacks drama school training etc)

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.