Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She sounded so bad during that performance, very out of breath, it sounded and looked like a very amateur secondary school performance.

I wonder if seeing the feedback old ALW will be reconsidering who he chose to be cinders.

I'm glad that heathers gets to close WEL I just hope they absolutely steel the show, I mean the West end run this time was pretty much packed every show and that was even with out little 'miss stunt casted'
I was surprised how short the run was this time. Does anyone know if its expected to return and if it will be the same cast?

Reactions: 2
I’ve watched the performance 3 times and can’t tell when she lost the track. It started badly when she missed the first (and rather important) word of the song. And it just stayed consistently bad. How embarrassing for her. And so typical that she won’t own it, she has to start pointing the finger elsewhere. Typical Carrie.

Reactions: 14
I’ve watched the performance 3 times and can’t tell when she lost the track. It started badly when she missed the first (and rather important) word of the song. And it just stayed consistently bad. How embarrassing for her. And so typical that she won’t own it, she has to start pointing the finger elsewhere. Typical Carrie.
Like I said earlier, a good workman never blames his tools!! Funny how she was the only performer throughout the today's WEL to be wearing a ear piece, the girls over at six didn't have them.

I was surprised how short the run was this time. Does anyone know if its expected to return and if it will be the same cast?
I think they might be bringing it back at some point I mean PTM was hinting at it just as this run was closing, I doubt it'll be the same cast but would love it to be as this time round it felt like a West end show rather than a one woman show 😉😂

Reactions: 8
A few sources are confirming there were no earpieces at WEL, so it sounds like yet again Carrie just isn’t wanting to admit she’s not very good.
I was honestly feeling bad for her about the bad performance but this comment made me change my mind at all.
She is the only one to blame

Reactions: 9
I’m not a singer so this is a genuine question to those who know…. If you are a professional actor singing a song in a show at least five times a week, why would you suddenly not be able to sing in tune like at WEL? Even if you can’t hear the music surely you have the vocal equivalent of muscle memory to sing in tune? Or is that not how it works?

Reactions: 22
Wow. Watched it.. so bad. She sounds awful. Didn't realise she gained weight too even with all the shows

Reactions: 5
I feel sorry for the cast who had to turn up but didn’t get to sing a single note and had to dance around Carrie who gave a truly atrocious performance.

Reactions: 17
I’m not a singer so this is a genuine question to those who know…. If you are a professional actor singing a song in a show at least five times a week, why would you suddenly not be able to sing in tune like at WEL? Even if you can’t hear the music surely you have the vocal equivalent of muscle memory to sing in tune? Or is that not how it works?
Muscle memory totally comes into play - at this stage she should be singing these songs in her sleep.
It seems that she is always so quick to defend a bad day (honestly we ALL have them) rather than just go with the flow and brush it off.
I mean she’s a leading lady on the West End, not many people get to say that!!

Reactions: 13
Even if it wasn’t her best performance or a good day or whatever (and I agree the video of it doesn’t make it sound great)… just move on? Say the courtesy “thanks WEL”! on your socials and move on, it’ll barey be noticed
But no. Let’s blow it up into a thing, blame our hosts, ignore the fact that muscle memory exists, and then publicly sulk. Okay.

Reactions: 17
Her understudy went on for the evening performance.
At first I thought that was planned for the WEL day - but then wouldn’t it have been Georgina as alternate in the first instance? So do we know if the cover was always the plan for last night or did Miss Carrie throw a strop and call in sick?

Reactions: 5
At first I thought that was planned for the WEL day - but then wouldn’t it have been Georgina as alternate in the first instance? So do we know if the cover was always the plan for last night or did Miss Carrie throw a strop and call in sick?
I don’t believe it was planned - I thought I’d seen a post somewhere about it being a late call but I can’t remember where so I might have made that up. It appears Georgina was off yesterday, and Lauren Byrne (1st cover) was definitely off as she was doing a couple of gigs with her band.

Reactions: 3
Just watched, wow that is dire in every way. The terrible costume she has, the dodgy facial expressions, the clumsy choreography, the really bad singing, even the choice of song, why do that one which doesn't give anyone else any chance to shine? Where is the Prince?

And then the weird bit at the end where they come back on just to carry her off, but then she comes out of character to do the little wave goodbye. Just looks bizarre.

I see from the schedule on https://www.westendlive.co.uk/ that they're not getting another go tomorrow (not many shows are this year), but Heathers gets to close the event and take the last slot ...

That looked so awkward and uncomfortable. It certainly didn't make me want to go watch the whole production.

Reactions: 6
Interesting how earlier in the day she posted a story about 'losing the track' and how she was 'sorry gang'. Seemingly lighthearted (as in she didn't care that much that it was a bad performance and knew her loyal fans wouldn't either), trying to brush it off and get ahead of the narrative.

However, as the day rolled on and the negative YouTube comments came in, her story on Instagram was a very short and stroppy 'it's been a bad day' message. As if she lost control of that narrative and realised people weren't laughing along with her 'oops silly technical issue, trust me though I'm still great' line.

Together it feels like she's so used to being told she's fantastic that she's never needed to refine her performance or even try that hard. She can put in a bad day at the office and still be adored. Well now I think she's seeing the backlash of that mentality. Brushing off a bad day at the office next to hardworking and talented performers at WEL just won't cut it.

What's really sad and frustrating is exactly that. She can be a leading lady, with a poor work ethic and attitude and mediocre talent, in comparison to others who performed on that stage yesterday. It just doesn't seem fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Do you think she makes Oliver sing "Love is an open door" at home as if to practice, and it gets supper awkward at the proposal part?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I haven’t seen the show but I don’t think they chose the right song to represent it at WEL. Perhaps a slower song or something with less bizarre choreography would have been better. I don’t like that song anyway and I have no idea why they keep using it as a promotion tactic. It seems as though she’s taken it badly though. I wonder if someone higher up has given bad feedback about the performance.

Reactions: 12
Just watching some of WEL, Cinderella does not interest me at all. Same with quite a few of these new musicals. Such a shame because I have missed theatre so much however the performances shown are just not great?
DEH was fantastic though, everyone should see it!
Does &Juliet have a plot? All the performances I've seen are cover songs?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.