Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t think her cast mates like her at all. The other cast mates are all so supportive of each other on social media and they never mention Carrie in the same way. ‘We adore her’ but not you Karen.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Omg I started watching WEL’s Love is an Open Door and I CAN’T. Steph sounds like a Disney Princess and then Oliver is like ‘I LoVE cRaZY’ in voice that almost sounds like Goofy. What the hell is up with his accent?

Reactions: 11
I never bought into some people's ideas that her castmates must actively dislike her. However, if she didn't come in for the show last night (because of what happened at WEL?), I do find it interesting that her castmates specifically point out that Georgina Tapp had to go on "on such short notice".
If that's how it happened, her posts about it being a bad day (and how the performance was so bad and bla bla bla), seem a bit tone deaf.

Reactions: 16
It doesn't give a good impression at all. It just reconfirms the fact she most likely sees everyone as lesser than.

No well done post to Georgia. No thank you to the rest of the cast.

I have no doubt that the cast would have rallied around her to make her feel better last night.... and I feel bad for Oliver. As John Barrowman-esque as his performance was, he's going from strength to strength. Carrie has got to be bringing his mood down.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
A few nights ago Samantha Barks’ let it go quick change went wrong and she basically got Madonna’d at the Brit awards. Did she go on her Instagram story’s in a huff and blame the costume, the people backstage and everyone else? No, she got back up, finished the song amazingly and posted on her Instagram after that she was okay and not hurt. That’s how you handle something going wrong, not what Carrie did.

Reactions: 20
To be fair to Carrie (gee, the day I'm defending our Care Bear has come, I can't believe it) I think everyone underperformed yesterday, by the videos of WEL I watched. I feel a bit bad for her she feels like she did so awful. But that's life and we all have a crappy day at work now and then, she was just unlucky her crappy performance got recorded and posted on youtube for eternity. I kind of feel her. Then again, a professional actress should be mentally prepared for this things to happen in a way they don't keep her from doing her job in the evening. I think it would have been good for her, to "redeem" herself from the bad performance at WEL.

Reactions: 5
Ok guys, cindermehla performance from WEL has been taken of official London theatres YouTube …

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Ive always been a fan of Carries so tend to avoid this thread but I need to know why she didn't preform last night. If its because of WEL then I will have definitely lost some respect for her.

Reactions: 11
The more I think about it, the more shady it is that whoever's in charge of the show's social media has said nothing about Georgia stepping up last minute, making her debut as Cinderella no less, and by all accounts doing really well.

Reactions: 18
To be fair to Carrie (gee, the day I'm defending our Care Bear has come, I can't believe it) I think everyone underperformed yesterday, by the videos of WEL I watched. I feel a bit bad for her she feels like she did so awful. But that's life and we all have a crappy day at work now and then, she was just unlucky her crappy performance got recorded and posted on youtube for eternity. I kind of feel her. Then again, a professional actress should be mentally prepared for this things to happen in a way they don't keep her from doing her job in the evening. I think it would have been good for her, to "redeem" herself from the bad performance at WEL.
West End Live is going to come around again next year (although normally it's in June), even if Cindermehla is Cinderdistantmemory by then, if she wants the big leading lady principal performer roles in future she is going to have to do it again (or the Broadway equivalent if she ever makes it there).

Did she do the 2.30pm matinee right after WEL or was it just the evening performance she missed? If she only missed the evening one then maybe it was reading the comments on insta and youtube that she's got worked up over. In which case probably should either get off SM altogether (although that would kind of put an end to the main reason she gets cast!) or at least learn to post stuff but then not go back to read the comments and retweets, ever.

Or maybe someone important at the show watched the Ruthie Henshall interview and said WTF was that, you're supposed to talk about the show now your books and extended family? Still a bit weird that that's pretty much all that Ruthie asked about, given she is a musical theatre veteran that CHF can only dream of being, Ruthie surely knows the importance of talking about the show, but obviously whoever did her interview notes just had nothing to go on other than Gio? Very odd.

Oh well at least Carrie now has her "on stage mishap" moment that she can phone up Elaine Paige on Radio 2 and laugh about ... if she can learn to laugh ...

Reactions: 8
The videos have been removed from the official Cinderella Instagram page too 😬😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Omg, removing the video is just next-level ridiculous. She did not sound awful, and the &Juliet cast also didn't sound great (and, as has been said, shows often sound bad at WEL), but no one has removed anything of theirs. Either it's because of Carrie's overreaction to her tiny (mostly unnoticable) mishap, or it's because the comment section was full of people saying the show itself looks tit, and ALW couldn't handle genuine reactions from the audience to his terrible show.

Edit: And Carrie's removed her second story about including in a book at some point what led up to WEL. Maybe her SoMe is getting some tidying up by her agents, for the first time ever. I imagine they'd break it to her very gently, something like this:
"We just feel it might not be such a good look to post that, Carrie, but we understand you completely and we think you're absolutely wonderful, of course".

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Omg, removing the video is just next-level ridiculous. She did not sound awful, and the &Juliet cast also didn't sound great (and, as has been said, shows often sound bad at WEL), but no one has removed anything of theirs. Either it's because of Carrie's overreaction to her tiny (mostly unnoticable) mishap, or it's because the comment section was full of people saying the show itself looks tit, and ALW couldn't handle genuine reactions from the audience to his terrible show.
Wow. That makes it proper toys out of pram territory. Somebody obviously can't handle the comments that were on there.

Oh well I am sure people who were in the WEL audience will upload their videos instead.

Reactions: 8
To be fair the staging seemed odd, she just kept getting taken by the men and then breaking free. Im assuming its done better in the actual show? Because it didnt make sny sense for WEL

Reactions: 1
I bet she talked to ALW yesterday and since he adores her, it will now be made sure that the performance will be erased as if it never happened, will never be talked about again, and the understudy who went on last night will never be acknowledged or credited. All that to ensure that Her Royal Highness is happy and feels like the West End superstar she thinks she is.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Taking down the videos is incredibly petty and sad. It’s like they’re trying to trick people into going to see the show, not realising that Carrie is, these days, a bad performer. It’s very unfair because people should be given the informed choice of whether to book when someone else is performing.

My theory is she was good as Eponine because she was obsessed with the role and studied it for years, saw many versions of it, and basically emulated how she’d seen it done by many others. Similar to how someone can, for example, make a cracking bolognese sauce if that’s the one thing they’ve practiced a lot but not necessarily a good cook in other areas. Or if you painted the same scene every day for years, you might be able to paint a great picture of that one scene, but be distinctly average if you try anything else. Same with Carrie and her roles.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.