Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON re Carrie. I've caught a few mins of WEST END LIVE and Carrie came in late.....not impressed so far. Working my way though this thread but before I forgot ---- I spoke to Connie Fisher as a customer service advisor once upon a time and she was just an absolute babe. Sad what happened to her voice but she's in TV production now I think. <3
What happened to her voice?

I’m really sorry but them carrying her off at the end just looks like a sack of potatos

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This is probably a stupid question but what does Carrie mean when she says she couldn't hear the track?

I'm not technical with any of this theatre stuff but I thought it meant that she couldn't her the music through her ear piece or whatever.
But now I'm watching all the other WEL performances and I can't see any other performancers wearing an ear piece unless they're the really tiny ones? Or have I got it completely wrong? 🙈

Reactions: 2
Just watched, wow that is dire in every way. The terrible costume she has, the dodgy facial expressions, the clumsy choreography, the really bad singing, even the choice of song, why do that one which doesn't give anyone else any chance to shine? Where is the Prince?

And then the weird bit at the end where they come back on just to carry her off, but then she comes out of character to do the little wave goodbye. Just looks bizarre.

I see from the schedule on https://www.westendlive.co.uk/ that they're not getting another go tomorrow (not many shows are this year), but Heathers gets to close the event and take the last slot ...

Reactions: 3
This is probably a stupid question but what does Carrie mean when she says she couldn't hear the track?

I'm not technical with any of this theatre stuff but I thought it meant that she couldn't her the music through her ear piece or whatever.
But now I'm watching all the other WEL performances and I can't see any other performancers wearing an ear piece unless they're the really tiny ones? Or have I got it completely wrong? 🙈
That’s exactly it! The music cut out from the ear piece she was wearing
I noticed that a lot of other performers had no ear pieces, managed to stay on key and didn’t complain on socials

Just watched, wow that is dire in every way. The terrible costume she has, the dodgy facial expressions, the clumsy choreography, the really bad singing, even the choice of song, why do that one which doesn't give anyone else any chance to shine? Where is the Prince?

And then the weird bit at the end where they come back on just to carry her off, but then she comes out of character to do the little wave goodbye. Just looks bizarre.

I see from the schedule on https://www.westendlive.co.uk/ that they're not getting another go tomorrow (not many shows are this year), but Heathers gets to close the event and take the last slot ...

I feel like ALW is gatekeeping his own musical lmao
It was just a mess (except for the ensemble who were the only decent thing in the whole performance)

Last edited:
That’s exactly it! The music cut out from the ear piece she was wearing
I noticed that a lot of other performers had no ear pieces, managed to stay on key and didn’t complain on socials
Ah thanks, I thought I was being a bit thick there! I watched the DEH performance straight after hers and the first think I noticed was that he didn't have an ear piece so then I wondered what Carrie was complaining about :LOL:
Then I noticed the same for Frozen, Wicked, BOM, Six and many others.

She missed the start of the song and I thought she was out of tune way before the point in her stories when she says she lost her track anyway. Like someone else said she hasn't got the best history with WEL, her Heather's performance wasn't great and blamed on technical issues...

Reactions: 5
What happened to her voice?
from what i briefly read of wikipedia, when she was maria in sound of music in 2007 she sang with a cold and strained her vocal cords, in 2009 she underwent surgery to fix something wrong with her vocal cords, in 2011 she was diagnosed with with congenital sulcus vocalis (holes in the vocal cords) and went through 3 surgery’s only fo be told she would never sing again.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
The truth is she might just get nervous, she has says multiple times she only feels confident performing at a stage, without the theater as her comfort place and being on a outside stage with so many people might be nerve wracking.
But instead of owning it and working to get better since this is her main job, she just blames everything except herself. I would have given her a pass if it wasn’t because as it was pointed by this comment, this already happened in the past.
She can complain all she wants but most of the people in the crowds aren’t her fans or aren’t following her, for them she is the one the fucked up the song not her track.
It might be because at west end live she is surrounding by many other shows with much more talented people that earn their roles rather than being from a posh family with a famous brother and it throws her that for once she isn’t the star of the stage

Carrie has been active on social media but no mention of her brother on Strictly yet, which is weird considering tonight was the launch show. Is she going to be bitterly silent or annoyingly braggy about it?

Reactions: 2
A few sources are confirming there were no earpieces at WEL, so it sounds like yet again Carrie just isn’t wanting to admit she’s not very good.

Reactions: 13
I can’t get over how bad the choreography for that number is! All of the body ripples, random stretching poses, “arresting” her only for her to shrug them off as if they weren’t holding her but then go STRAIGHT BACK to being arrested again? But it’s okay because when she sings about being free she shrugs them off again and runs to the front of the stage 🙃

I saw a comment saying the choreography’s different in the actual show but no idea if that’s true or not? Not expecting it from everything I’ve seen so far.

The guy in the ensemble who pulls her by the hair is a former Matthew Bourne dancer called Will Bozier by the way. He worked with Bourne for years and was amazing as the Swan in his version of Swan Lake. It’s so sad to see him doing the most basic choreography in this show now.

You could definitely see bald spots on Carrie’s wig too and I *know* she’s not swearing during the song but I definitely hear her swearing during the song.

Reactions: 15
Carrie has been active on social media but no mention of her brother on Strictly yet, which is weird considering tonight was the launch show. Is she going to be bitterly silent or annoyingly braggy about it?
She’s now shared something about her brother along with a comment about it not being a good day. A bad work day for me, and most normal people, is very different to a bad work day for Carrie. I wish I had her problems.

Reactions: 4
I don't know whether I'd choose that song to promote it... I know they want all the ensemble there, but it's a bit of an odd song on its own with no context.

I thought her makeup looked really heavy and a bit off-putting actually, but perhaps from a distance it would have looked fine.

Reactions: 4
So on brand of Carrie to share something about Tom on Strictly but then immediately follow it with a story reminding us that SHE had a bad day. It's all about HER, guys!

Also, if I were WEL I would be so pissed at her slagging them off and blaming her poor performance on them. She's going to burn a lot of bridges if she's not careful.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She sounded so bad during that performance, very out of breath, it sounded and looked like a very amateur secondary school performance.

I wonder if seeing the feedback old ALW will be reconsidering who he chose to be cinders.

I'm glad that heathers gets to close WEL I just hope they absolutely steel the show, I mean the West end run this time was pretty much packed every show and that was even with out little 'miss stunt casted'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.