Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has Carrie learnt nothing from the pandemic??? Stay away from people if you’re ill, regardless if it’s covid or not. Does she want to ruin Oliver’s (and everybody else’s) first week at Frozen?? Not to mention the show she’s actually in herself. She has such strong FOMO that she will selfishly go to work and make others ill just so she can be in the limelight. If I had a cold and had to be off work and knew that my partner was in the same line of work, I’d keep my distance!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Too sick to work but next day runs 15 miles and posts it on social media. Surely if you were unwell and the lead in a major show, you wouldn’t stress your body further by running for 3 hours?
I know we work in entirely different industries but if I had a sick day at work and then broadcasted the fact I’d done a three hour run my boss would be furious!

Reactions: 34
Just seen Georgina’s curtain call and all the cast seemed so excited for her and whilst she did curtsy to the sides, it wasn’t OTT unlike someone…

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Carrie is completely self centered!! She should really be distancing herself from ollie at this moment in time!! Absolutely selfish and irresponsible!!

Reactions: 2
Anyone else see Carrie on University Challenge, never answered a question!
IMG_20210830_220736.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Apologies if this has already been asked! Question for anyone who has seen Cinderella; are we any the wiser on when it is supposed to be set? I was listening to the soundtrack today, and the "I Know You" song mentions francs and sous as currency. The franc was still in circulation until about 20 years ago, but from my limited googling, the sou (or sol) is much older. We're talking obsolete by the end of the 18th century. I believe "sou" was subsequently a slang word for a little amount of money, but this doesn't really make sense in the context of the song, as the queen describes how her face is on every coin, listing specifically francs and sous as examples. I don't know if the lyricist was just listing well-known examples of French currency regardless of era, and "sou" is easy to rhyme with! But it feels like the era was undecided even at the time of writing. Carrie's costume going from 90s grunge to positively Marie Antoinette pantomime at the ball is jarring enough and doesn't give any clues. Are they going for a Flintstones-esque feel, where people are dressed like it's the stoneage but are thoroughly modern and have cars, except this time people are dressed like it's the 18th century but have cosmetic surgury and spray-paint cans? I guess it's very fairytale to do something like that, and not quite place it in any era, but from what I've seen the show does feel disjointed in terms of design. Can anyone who has seen it weigh in?
It's been downright confusing since the beginning. The Marie Antoinette "Let them eat cake" teaser but I always found the lyrics to "Bad Cinderella" especially odd;

Don't you judge me when you live in plexi-glass houses

According to Wikipedia plexi-glass wasn't developed till the 1930's.

And a more than sky high IQ 🤔

Again the first modern IQ test wasn't developed till 1904.

And the spray paint can Cindy wields was initially concepted in the 1790's but the modern aerosol can was not patented till 1927.
As for cosmetic surgery, we've been slicing and dicing each other since 800BC but modern plastic surgery which I assume the God Mum is offering is attributed from the 1960's to present day. I'm even more confused now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is Carrie’s role that hard vocally she really needs an alternate? Legit question, I do not know much about music and high notes and stuff

I would have think an alternate would work better on a show like Heathers were Verónica has the high notes and is on stage 95% of the time.
I'm no musical theatre expert but I think having an alternate is more about letting the principal actors have a scheduled day off beyond the usual Sundays off and letting another talented actor get some practice doing the proper show, rather than the particular rigor of a given part. I'd say good for them having her have an alternate. We know that Carrie often runs herself ragged so being forced to take a day off will be good for her and her voice. Not having an alternate in Heather really did damage.

Reactions: 5
i Love going to see shows but unfortunately for personal reasons I can’t go very often, isit normal to have changing leads in a show? Sorry I don’t know the ins and outs xx

i Love going to see shows but unfortunately for personal reasons I can’t go very often, isit normal to have changing leads in a show? Sorry I don’t know the ins and outs xx
It depends on the significance of the role. In the West End I know they have alternates for Christine (and possibly the Phantom) in Phantom of the Opera, and Jean Valjean in Les Mis. Those are the largest roles in their respective shows, they will be on stage most of the time/have a big sing, so they deserve extra rest! They will do set days usually eg. every Friday night, every Weds matinee.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It depends on the significance of the role. In the West End I know they have alternates for Christine (and possibly the Phantom) in Phantom of the Opera, and Jean Valjean in Les Mis. Those are the largest roles in their respective shows, they will be on stage most of the time/have a big sing, so they deserve extra rest! They will do set days usually eg. every Friday night, every Weds matinee.
There’s also an alternate for Alexander Hamilton who does Tuesdays, and ETAJ used to have an alternate Jamie who did two shows a week about 3 years ago

Reactions: 2
She only went and bought the ugliest Mclaren merch to exist (IMO — the Gulf x Mclaren range is being restocked super soon, and is so much nicer).

Reactions: 1
In all the years I’ve followed Carrie, I’ve never once seen a picture/video of her wearing caps, why the sudden want?
Kind of a silly purchase really, we’re moving from summer into winter. A beanie would’ve been more practical

Reactions: 10
Ivano’s happiness at Georgia debut is so heartwarming, the little dance he did when she walked in the stage for the vows and making a whole IG dedicated to her.

also Carrie Jealousy Fletcher reposted the posts on her IG but she didn’t even like them or leave a comment…

• Heart
Reactions: 15
By "two graduates", he means they're both trained, unlike a certain someone? Lmao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.