Carrie Hope Fletcher #10 Granny Mope Fletcher and her 15 videos of bows to empty chairs!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How is it possible that they both sound like Kermit? Where was the accent coach on the Addams Family from? Sesame Street?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen frozen and know what the COVID requirements are for entry ?
Just got out of the 5.30 performance, masks are required inside but no one asked us about vaccinations etc and there wasn’t much distancing as far as I could tell. So business as usual except masks I’d say.

Both his American accent and his acting in Addams were as bad as Carrie's. And I'm not so into his singing voice, there's something I can't put my finger on about it that just irks. I like Carrie's voice, but with Oliver, there's really nothing that interests me about him as a performer (ooh, except his dancing)
Ah, I liked Carrie’s Eponine and that’s all I’ve seen of her apart from her Veronica in a bootleg which I wasn’t keen on.

I enjoyed Frozen on the whole, though Oliver’s Hans was kinda meh to me. Kermit the Frog voice aside (have to say the actor playing Kristoff’s voice went really well with Anna’s so I don’t know if that was deliberate) his Hans was very…earnest I want to say, so it really does massively come out of nowhere when he villainous u turns. Again I don’t know if it’s deliberately directed but it was jarring for me personally.

Oneliner of the day goes to my fiancée who said “Oh Kermit isn’t singing Rainbow Connection? Disappointing.”

• Haha
Reactions: 9
B7B1DE3D-E1E5-4B76-B6C6-1716B600271C.jpeg

Her eye makeup looks so much fun than Carrie’s goth makeup, I hope they end up having this makeup for Cinderella in the future

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone else watched Bryony Rose's review on YT? She had some very interesting things to say, including her disappointment at some fat shaming jokes...

Reactions: 1
Yeah that’s why I mentioned about the corner especially given it’s also the last pint a driver has died at as well which made the W Series crash even scarier - I was just thinking about this! I can literally see her having a big massive IG text story rant about “no women in F1” only for someone else to have to educate her as … there’s W Series and several women working in key roles in the teams… don’t get me wrong still very uneven and needs improving but a literal google would educate Carrie more than her just heading straight to IG

Also, apologies for switching topics, but they’ve just announced the Alt dates for Cinderella
thank duck for that. i would actually consider seeing it now.

Reactions: 2
I mean, maybe an unfair comparison, but... the contrast in the singing/acting between these two Hans-es....:

Ooh that’s an interesting accent… Where about in America is he basing that?! If we’re talking about Hans, I quite like Thomas McGuane from the Australian production

I enjoyed Frozen on the whole, though Oliver’s Hans was kinda meh to me. Kermit the Frog voice aside (have to say the actor playing Kristoff’s voice went really well with Anna’s so I don’t know if that was deliberate) his Hans was very…earnest I want to say, so it really does massively come out of nowhere when he villainous u turns. Again I don’t know if it’s deliberately directed but it was jarring for me personally.
I was at that performance today as well, and said pretty much the same thing about his Hans on the way to the station - he’s too nice and then the twist is just total whiplash that it doesn’t feel believable, and there’s not even a hint during the show that there’s anything else going on other than him being nice. All it would take is one line that sounds innocent but that you realise has another meaning.

Reactions: 3
There were a lot of covers on today for the matinee. Could be a weird coincidence or maybe Carrie’s breathed on everyone and this cold is contagious as heck.
it’s a new deal at the tuck shop, have a cherry coke and twix and granny mope will give you her cold as a bonus

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I mean, maybe an unfair comparison, but... the contrast in the singing/acting between these two Hans-es....:

Oh, gee, poor Oli. Comparing him with Santino Fontana, whose voice is made of velvet and dreams, looks like a "when you order it from Aliexpress / when you get it" meme lol. I can't really tell how bad the accent is, since I'm not a native speaker, but I'm not a fan of his singing, though he sounds good at times. I also don't really like it when the actress playing Anna makes a overly cutesy, nasal voice. She is an ingenue and a sweet character, but she can have a normal voice (?).

I might be going to the UK next fall since the restrictions have been liften and now you can enter the country without quarantining for 10 days if you prove you're fully vaccinated. I want to see a few shows, I looked at the availability of Cindermehla for the days I'll be there just for the sake of it, and it's so sad compared to Frozen, Dear Evan Hansen and even Come From Away, which is not doing so great compared to the others. I feel a bit bad for Carrie, the first time she originates a role (I'm not counting Veronica, Barrett Wilbert Weed originated that) and it's not doind really great and critics are not really enjoying it. Not feeling bad at all for ALW.

• Haha
  • Heart
Both his American accent and his acting in Addams were as bad as Carrie's. And I'm not so into his singing voice, there's something I can't put my finger on about it that just irks. I like Carrie's voice, but with Oliver, there's really nothing that interests me about him as a performer (ooh, except his dancing)
I think it's because he has a tendency to really go off key, especially when he uses the vibrato in his voice, he almost doesn't support it properly and it's goes a wondering.... I can't bear his singing, there are few singers who make me cringe but he is one. He seems like a great dancer and a good bloke but the voice grates on me too.

Apologies if this has already been asked! Question for anyone who has seen Cinderella; are we any the wiser on when it is supposed to be set? I was listening to the soundtrack today, and the "I Know You" song mentions francs and sous as currency. The franc was still in circulation until about 20 years ago, but from my limited googling, the sou (or sol) is much older. We're talking obsolete by the end of the 18th century. I believe "sou" was subsequently a slang word for a little amount of money, but this doesn't really make sense in the context of the song, as the queen describes how her face is on every coin, listing specifically francs and sous as examples. I don't know if the lyricist was just listing well-known examples of French currency regardless of era, and "sou" is easy to rhyme with! But it feels like the era was undecided even at the time of writing. Carrie's costume going from 90s grunge to positively Marie Antoinette pantomime at the ball is jarring enough and doesn't give any clues. Are they going for a Flintstones-esque feel, where people are dressed like it's the stoneage but are thoroughly modern and have cars, except this time people are dressed like it's the 18th century but have cosmetic surgury and spray-paint cans? I guess it's very fairytale to do something like that, and not quite place it in any era, but from what I've seen the show does feel disjointed in terms of design. Can anyone who has seen it weigh in?

I've only seen the pictures/clips and the listened to the soundtrack, but I thought the whole town was colluding in keeping it "fairytale-esque" so people would come and visit. It's obviously set in a fairy tale reality for dragons and a three-headed sea witch to have existed in the plot, but I suspect the rest of the fairy tale land has moved on and is more modern.

I'm not saying you'd leave Belleville and turn up in modern day Paris or anything, but I do get the impression that they're artificially imposing some parts of the look. Belleville's the fairytale world's equivalent of the Black Country Living Museum, but they live it full time!

Reactions: 2
Apologies if this has already been asked! Question for anyone who has seen Cinderella; are we any the wiser on when it is supposed to be set? I was listening to the soundtrack today, and the "I Know You" song mentions francs and sous as currency. The franc was still in circulation until about 20 years ago, but from my limited googling, the sou (or sol) is much older. We're talking obsolete by the end of the 18th century. I believe "sou" was subsequently a slang word for a little amount of money, but this doesn't really make sense in the context of the song, as the queen describes how her face is on every coin, listing specifically francs and sous as examples. I don't know if the lyricist was just listing well-known examples of French currency regardless of era, and "sou" is easy to rhyme with! But it feels like the era was undecided even at the time of writing. Carrie's costume going from 90s grunge to positively Marie Antoinette pantomime at the ball is jarring enough and doesn't give any clues. Are they going for a Flintstones-esque feel, where people are dressed like it's the stoneage but are thoroughly modern and have cars, except this time people are dressed like it's the 18th century but have cosmetic surgury and spray-paint cans? I guess it's very fairytale to do something like that, and not quite place it in any era, but from what I've seen the show does feel disjointed in terms of design. Can anyone who has seen it weigh in?
I'm more concerned about the totally unnecessary use of slurs about mental health from ALW, who on earth would get away with using 'loon' and 'barking mad' in this day and age? He really needs to change these lyrics - they're obsolete and hurtful!

Too sick to work but next day runs 15 miles and posts it on social media. Surely if you were unwell and the lead in a major show, you wouldn’t stress your body further by running for 3 hours?

Reactions: 22
Too sick to work but next day runs 15 miles and posts it on social media. Surely if you were unwell and the lead in a major show, you wouldn’t stress your body further by running for 3 hours?
Yeah, if I’m too sick to work (bearing in mind my job is far less strenuous than being in a theatre company) the LAST thing I’d think of doing is going for even a short run… (and even if by some weird notion I did choose to go for one, definitely wouldn’t be posted on socials…)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
For some reason she seems a lot less possessive of the role of Cindermehla than she did Veronica. Maybe it's just an act or maybe she gives less of a tit, which is telling considering this role was completely shaped having her in mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.