Caroline O'Neill - DiggMama

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has it mean mentioned on this thread that Digg Deep was registered back in May 2023 with Companies House as a Limited Company and so it’s not a Charity or CIC. Caroline is Director along with that Ted Stitch woman and Aimee Oliver from Bodyfit Mums.

Wonder what the reasoning for that was? Surely it’s not something to make a profit from?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Has it mean mentioned on this thread that Digg Deep was registered back in May 2023 with Companies House as a Limited Company and so it’s not a Charity or CIC. Caroline is Director along with that Ted Stitch woman and Aimee Oliver from Bodyfit Mums.

Wonder what the reasoning for that was? Surely it’s not something to make a profit from?
That Niamh woman and Fiona Brown too I see. Interesting...

Reactions: 3
She had ‘The Lady Accountant’ on her podcast and was asking for advice about VAT registration. Caroline said she had never been in a position where she had to register for VAT and knew nothing about it.

Imaging taking advice from some loser who hasn’t even had a company who’s sales could hit the VAT threshold.

Whether shes dodgy with the aul accounts or not thats bleeping shocking.

• Wow
She has 3 other companies registered in her name only on Companies House plus she used to own the shop. She must understand the basics of VAT registration and accounts surely. She’s not as daft as she lets on and would make sure she knew all to loop holes.

If she pretends not to know anything about VAT, it makes her look like the little old country bumpkin, salt of the earth doll she is-or so she thinks….people dont have the money to throw about these days and shes on blowing about her huge new build full of free stuff. She would sicken ye, and im delighted shes rattled. She could do with being taken down a peg or 2

Reactions: 10
I think its fairly standard to register with companies House especially when they create and sell goods to raise funds for the charity ie the cookbook/sweatshirts etc.
It also keeps any liability to a minimum.

Reactions: 2
I've always donated to the digg deep campaign and got my workplace involved.

This year I won't be.

I have watched some of the influencers involved - Danielle O'Donohoe, Caroline herself, Prim & Penny Just-Julie (among others) accept freebies all year round and not once say "I'll put this away for the digg deep campaign" and accept hotel stays not once saying "guys, I am very fortunate, I have had quite a few stays this year, this time i am going to raffle it off and the money can go to charity" or "I'll give it to a follower but you'll have to take some footage" they just take take take and never ever give anything back.

I'm fed up of it all, the greed, the ego massaging, the pressure they put on the shops to give them £500 worth of goodies for £200 in exchange for "advertising"

Little do the shops know that one by one as they pop up, I don't use them again. (I am only one person so it won't make a dot of difference to them but I genuinely feel strongly about it) 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 27

This year I won't be.

I have watched some of the influencers involved - Danielle O'Donohoe, Caroline herself, Prim & Penny Just-Julie (among others) accept freebies all year round and not once say "I'll put this away for the digg deep campaign" and accept hotel stays not once saying "guys, I am very fortunate, I have had quite a few stays this year, this time i am going to raffle it off and the money can go to charity" or "I'll give it to a follower but you'll have to take some footage" they just take take take and never ever give anything back.

I'm fed up of it all, the greed, the ego massaging, the pressure they put on the shops to give them £500 worth of goodies for £200 in exchange for "advertising"

Little do the shops know that one by one as they pop up, I don't use them again. (I am only one person so it won't make a dot of difference to them but I genuinely feel strongly about it) 😁
Good on you!
I’m in total agreement, and if I see a retailer or company “working” with these people I will also not be touching them. Along with that I will send them a message as to why I will not spend my money with them. They can decide then for themselves whether or not it worth all the freebies they hand out.

Reactions: 11

This year I won't be.

Well said, I totally agree

Reactions: 5
Her mum's house must be some size too if it's going to fit them all in it
They only need 2 spare rooms to house a family. If it's the house they raised 6 kids in then there will be plenty of space.
I'd love to know why things changed and they are moving out suddenly instead of staying as they originally planned

This year I won't be.

This 👏 every year there’s never enough donations for the teenage category and all year we see them accept freebies of clothes, skincare, make up, hair products etc etc etc that teenagers would love. They wouldn’t even give away used stuff, everything goes on sale on depop but they’ll take donations from other people to make themselves look good.

Reactions: 16
She had ‘The Lady Accountant’ on her podcast and was asking for advice about VAT registration. Caroline said she had never been in a position where she had to register for VAT and knew nothing about it.

Imaging taking advice from some loser who hasn’t even had a company who’s sales could hit the VAT threshold.

Whether shes dodgy with the aul accounts or not thats bleeping shocking.
She has zero business experience!!! That doesn’t surprise me- she left her job as on OT to set up a boutique and then set up on Instagram when Covid hit
---
She has 3 other companies registered in her name only on Companies House plus she used to own the shop. She must understand the basics of VAT registration and accounts surely. She’s not as daft as she lets on and would make sure she knew all to loop holes.
No probably not!! Sure her business failed and she says she never had contracts or anything for her staff.

• Wow
I had to laugh this evening - my mam is close to 70, uses Facebook and has come across Digmama in recent months.
She was giving out to me about her this evening - she said “this DigMamma one, why is she getting all this free stuff and the cost of houses these days? And her on complaining people were giving her a hard time, would she wheest and go away off her phone if she doesn’t like it”

She doesn’t realise she’s speaking for the country when she said it 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She has zero business experience!!! That doesn’t surprise me- she left her job as on OT to set up a boutique and then set up on Instagram when Covid hit
---

No probably not!! Sure her business failed and she says she never had contracts or anything for her staff.
I didn’t know she used to be an OT! She definitely hasn’t a notion about business and has no business sense.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.