Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lady_Tabitha

Chatty Member
I've always donated to the digg deep campaign and got my workplace involved.

This year I won't be.

I have watched some of the influencers involved - Danielle O'Donohoe, Caroline herself, Prim & Penny Just-Julie (among others) accept freebies all year round and not once say "I'll put this away for the digg deep campaign" and accept hotel stays not once saying "guys, I am very fortunate, I have had quite a few stays this year, this time i am going to raffle it off and the money can go to charity" or "I'll give it to a follower but you'll have to take some footage" they just take take take and never ever give anything back.

I'm fed up of it all, the greed, the ego massaging, the pressure they put on the shops to give them £500 worth of goodies for £200 in exchange for "advertising"

Little do the shops know that one by one as they pop up, I don't use them again. (I am only one person so it won't make a dot of difference to them but I genuinely feel strongly about it) 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 27

irishgal_80

No Caroline….no one is wondering how you do it, and I assure you absolutely no one thinks you have your sh*t together.

we are all out, working long days, putting our children into childcare as our jobs are so inflexible, having barely a penny by month end to make even a slight adjustment to our houses. Whilst you are out there, getting everything paid for you (but you are doing it for us 🙄), planning a social media award night that absolutely no one cares about.

caroline - how do WE do it?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21

bella12

Total cringe 😬 he’s thinking get me out of here. She probably seeked him out. Is she even a business woman anymore? & I use that term loosely.
I can not for the life of me figure this out…she closed her business clearly she was making little to no money from it therefore it failed. There’s no disrespect in that I’ve been there and it’s not easy but I certainly don’t go around telling people how to run their business when I had to close my own.

Reactions: 16

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I've always donated to the digg deep campaign and got my workplace involved.

This year I won't be.

I have watched some of the influencers involved - Danielle O'Donohoe, Caroline herself, Prim & Penny Just-Julie (among others) accept freebies all year round and not once say "I'll put this away for the digg deep campaign" and accept hotel stays not once saying "guys, I am very fortunate, I have had quite a few stays this year, this time i am going to raffle it off and the money can go to charity" or "I'll give it to a follower but you'll have to take some footage" they just take take take and never ever give anything back.

I'm fed up of it all, the greed, the ego massaging, the pressure they put on the shops to give them £500 worth of goodies for £200 in exchange for "advertising"

Little do the shops know that one by one as they pop up, I don't use them again. (I am only one person so it won't make a dot of difference to them but I genuinely feel strongly about it) 😁
This 👏 every year there’s never enough donations for the teenage category and all year we see them accept freebies of clothes, skincare, make up, hair products etc etc etc that teenagers would love. They wouldn’t even give away used stuff, everything goes on sale on depop but they’ll take donations from other people to make themselves look good.

You know what this whole ‘big day out’ is about? It’s a money making racket which is prob funding her new build. She has copied Lisa Lust List who started them years ago and then are incredibly profitable. I used to like Caroline but I can see through her now. And I am someone who has supported her Christmas charity

When you think about it logistically - transfer from shops to influencer car, from influencer car to Caroline’s warehouse. Sort into cartegories. Gather all items up again and load into lorries for Belfast.
Unload all items again at Belfast & sort into categories.

If it was a business you’d be cutting out the inefficient time & saying where can we use that time saved elsewhere productively
Glory hunters the lot of them. Lot more time for the people quietly going about their lives making as much of a donation to charities and not using it to raise their profile and validate their year long grabbing of freebies.

beeswing101

That was the final nail in the coffin for me. We have started our self build journey this summer, and I swear the money it costs is absolutely crazy and we haven’t even laid a block yet!!!! And here is this one brazen enough to do her digg deep campaign at Christmas acting like a fucking hero but has the neck on her to take everything for free!!! Every single company she has worked for is on my black list! I won’t set foot near any of them. And I hope a lot of people do the same! I am just starting to look about kitchens and I’ve already been told by so many people to be prepared for the cost of it. Aw I could honestly fucking cry I am so angry

• Sad

Such a Vibe

Sitting like a business woman in her “meeting” with the kitchen man when she’s actually a glorified beggar who doesn’t pay her way, she gives me the total boke and I don’t actually know how these businesses are getting anything out of her? Let’s face it how many kitchens will she sell for them?

Caroline, for the love of God, stop saying you are showcasing Basset’s to help all these other people on their self build journey! You are making money out of it and/or getting it cheaper for yourself. Stop with the pretence

• Angry
Reactions: 15

Preened

Handling charitable donations, people’s hard earned money for doing good for others is a huge responsibility and Caroline is going to come under huge scrutiny for this. I don’t know what accounting she does for this money coming in and I’m certainly not accusing her of anything but when she’s putting herself out there in that role she should keep herself above reproach. Being sneaky in her general posting doesn’t help, the teeny tiny #ad in a corner isn’t great practice. The building of a huge house and all her collabs there which she’s not being exactly transparent about…you can see why people start to ask questions about everything.

• Heart

Justherefortittle

VIP Member
Probably because it was free!!!
She has in a reply to a comment - yip it’s part of this food campaign I’m doing and I’m converted!

Goes to show how much money she is making when a £350 quid appliance is also part of the pay deal - never mind all the products

Sorry fused by Fiona but you are turning custom away by setting up deals like this!

Caroline came on raving about how she used the brand during lockdown and they loved it, so she was delighted with this new collaboration! (Paid gig)

In lockdown she got a free PR box.

How come then, despite her shopping in Lidl all the time nor being able to buy online, has she never mentioned fused again
- so please make it make sense how wonderful they are Caroline!
Not so wonderful when you’re not getting paid to use them, you don’t use them then & you expect other people to believe your lies & embellishments.

Making out like air fryers are a thing now - they have been a thing for years you absolute plank!
You should have went and bought yourself one with all them pennies you scam of people in ad campaigns.

That £349 model could have been raffled at £2 a 🎫 say 500 tickets - that would have been a grand for donating to poor families!

if I hear diggdeep mentioned this year by any of these begging thieving scummy rats 🐀 I’m going to blow a gasket!

• Heart

OwtDoing

VIP Member
Sitting like a business woman in her “meeting” with the kitchen man when she’s actually a glorified beggar who doesn’t pay her way, she gives me the total boke and I don’t actually know how these businesses are getting anything out of her? Let’s face it how many kitchens will she sell for them?
Zero!

I’d much rather work my arse off to update my home and know how much hard work I put into it to be able to afford it than sit and waffle like a trifle! There’s no heart in it and there will be no love, hard work and strife in that house. I always remember my Dad and I picking our kitchen door over 20 years ago which was half bevelled glass and the time and thought that went into picking it. Him working his backside off in his business and Labouring to the brick is, joiner, etc on Saturday and I helped also and what wages I got I put back into the house at 14/15 (quiet country girl - didn’t know about nightclubs until I was 17).I still walk into our home place and think my Dad and I picked that and I worked to contribute to fund it. I’m so so grateful to my Dad for teaching me the value of money. He had his own business but never boasted about it or a show off. He nodded the head and said ‘aye’. He taught me the value of an honest day’s work and said that two Saturday’s paid for the internal kitchen door. This was over twenty years ago.

• Heart

LurkingLuke

VIP Member
Just about to say the same. All the food donated by local businesses for the Instahuns to get yet another freebie. Maybe give it to a local food bank or women’s shelter! Just another way for these people to feed their own ego’s and let on that they care so much and everything they do is for the benefit of us plebs and we should be so grateful for all their hard work.
Exactly - the total fundraised may not be as large this year as most people are put off by Caroline’s free house. She only built her platform off this campaign (aside from exploiting funny things her kids did) so it’s actually really jarring to see her now use it to blag everything for free.

And Denise Curran was at pains to highlight that’s it’s voluntary- NO ONE GETS PAID. Says she who wouldn’t put her nose out the door usually without lots of cash. Aren’t we privileged that she drags herself to Belfast for free food & free promo.
They may be in it to help charity a little but most of all it raises their profile & gets them more followers

• Heart

MDC

On crying today about the kids eating and them only out of school 2 days!! If they eat a big breakfast they get a small lunch, what the actual fcuk is wrong with her head, feed the kids or don’t have kids if you are going to cry about the food bill, she has to be the tightest beggar around, building a mansion but no money for food!!

I used to like her at the very start when she still had her shop. But I can see through her now thankfully. She’s the type that would sell her soul to the devil if it meant more money in her pocket

Reactions: 14

lucy66

VIP Member
What really bothers me is her using Haldane Fisher, one of the UKs largest provider to construction industry and Bassetts who have multiple stores throughout NI. As a former independent shop owner, local people kept her in business for many years so why could she not shop local for her house supplies. She's doing nothing for local independent traders, only interested in lining her own pockets. She's so full of 💩

Has it mean mentioned on this thread that Digg Deep was registered back in May 2023 with Companies House as a Limited Company and so it’s not a Charity or CIC. Caroline is Director along with that Ted Stitch woman and Aimee Oliver from Bodyfit Mums.

Wonder what the reasoning for that was? Surely it’s not something to make a profit from?
I tried to make the point a few months back that there was zero transparency as to where the money raised from the campaign actually goes - like how much went to each charity as she was supporting not just Cash for kids. The only thing she told us was the total amount raised. I questioned that on here and was shot down and subsequently reported by another tattler 🙄
So now we get to see that the DIGG DEEP campaign is an actual 'business' and not registered as a charity as it should be.
Very interesting indeed

Called it.., ad with bassetts for heat pump!!! That’s roughly £15k
---

Sorry just seeing bathrooms too £20k won’t look at that!!
Trying to say she’s doing it to help other people with the costs of building. Seriously Caroline?! Stop with all this crap that you are so caring for other people. You are doing it to save YOURSELF money or to make money for yourself. Plain and simple. Anybody that thinks she is doing it because she’s so good needs serious help.

Melter22

There will be some mark up on those. No hotel is charging her more than £40 per head.
Your woman Niamh has just done a huge refurb on her Helen’s Bay home and Caroline is building a brand new house. That should give you an idea of how much they make from these events!