Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wtf kids do not need a skincare routine. moisturiser and spf is enough! Im sure there is a scientific reason as to why kids skin is perfect and doesnt need acids etc

Reactions: 10
It's to do with collagen which starts to decrease in ones 20s. They'll have had less exposure to pollution, sun, etc than an adult has

Amazing that Caroline can make comments like 'women in their 20s still have their tits' but doesn't put an end to ridiculous posts about kids requiring skincare.

Reactions: 11
wtf kids do not need a skincare routine. moisturiser and spf is enough! Im sure there is a scientific reason as to why kids skin is perfect and doesnt need acids etc
Unless you have a skin disease (eczema, psoriasis etc) which is something to do with your genetics and/or environmental factors, kids skin doesn't get problematic at all until sex hormones emerge at puberty. That's when all hell breaks loose and doesn't often stop until decades later, if at all. They don't need to 'balance' their skin or deal with excess oil or whatever because there's no feral hormones driving excess oil production etc.

Reactions: 8
Am I just being cynical or do so many posts read as sly begs now? I feel like I’m being really horrible but after the GFM mess I honestly don’t know

Example:
My twin sister has not long finished chemotherapy and has asked me for help with a skincare routine (she’s currently using hardly anything 🙈) At the moment her main concern is severe dryness, I want to keep it fairly simple and not crazy expensive but what do you guys think of the below to get her started? ❤

Reactions: 19
Following on from the discussion over on the Sali Hughes thread, I’m waiting for someone to ask Hirons what’s her opinion Chrissy Teigen... 🧐 We know how that’ll go down 🤣

I seem to remember she absolutely loved her back in the day - something about her cookbook having a chapter called tit on toast and Hirons was loving it, tagging her in and right up her backside 🤢

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Following on from the discussion over on the Sali Hughes thread, I’m waiting for someone to ask Hirons what’s her opinion Chrissy Teigen... 🧐 We know how that’ll go down 🤣

I seem to remember she absolutely loved her back in the day - something about her cookbook having a chapter called tit on toast and Hirons was loving it, tagging her in and right up her backside 🤢
Whats happening on the Sali thread, has she waded into Tiegen stuff?

Reactions: 2
Nobody is expecting Hirons to comment on everything- not here anyway! The point is that Caroline created a rod for her own back by being a mouthpiece on every issue (even ones she had no clue about which is most of them). I'm glad she put up a boundary but also a bit annoyed that she can't see she only has herself to blame.
Maybe because on this occasion for once she has realised that it isn't something you should wade into without full knowledge of all the info etc. If only some of the other 'influencers' had done the same

It's a minefield. I mean look at the online hate Gal Gadot has had, whatever your view.

Not being correctly informed has never stopped Hirons from mouthing off on her lives. As someone else predicted here it seems like someone has had a word and told her to stop going off on one.

Reactions: 13
Am I just being cynical or do so many posts read as sly begs now? I feel like I’m being really horrible but after the GFM mess I honestly don’t know

Example:
My twin sister has not long finished chemotherapy and has asked me for help with a skincare routine (she’s currently using hardly anything 🙈) At the moment her main concern is severe dryness, I want to keep it fairly simple and not crazy expensive but what do you guys think of the below to get her started? ❤
Having dealt with extreme dryness myself at various points, and also having had a mother who has been through chemo and experienced severe all over skin itching because of it, can I recommend:

Body : Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion - my mother found this was the only body lotion that stopped her itching and dryness during chemo. It's the oatmeal extract in it that does it. Can confirm for myself it really does work. Also if body skin is extremely dry, a lotion or cream with urea in it (which helps bind water to the skin) is a great idea. You could try one of the Eucerin body products which are based on various percentages of urea and tend to be very thick and occlusive, or Altruist Urea 10% which is available on Amazon for a fiver, actually cheaper than Eucerin. Also, slap on Vaseline over the top of any of these fort extra occlusivesness.

Face: I found Avene's Extremely Gentle Cleanser an absolute calming, soothing godsend when I had massively dry skin on my face. I also Like their Skin Recovery Cream. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is an absolute wonder for dry and sensitive skin too. Eucerin also does some heavy facial moisturizers. And again, Vaseline on top of your moisturizer really will work wonders with extremely dry skin.

Hope this helps a little.

• Heart
I'm of the opinion that CH won't comment on Israel and Palestine because she doesn't want to upset either community in London in case they stop buying her kits. Kit 1 still available btw

• Haha
I was laughing to myself over the people in the Lily Pebbles thread complaining that she's not addressing Israel/Palestine. Lily. Pebbles. I mean, do we really think she should :D?
hahahah I think that might have something to do with a past comment she has made aound the height of the black lives matter movement last year when she said she thinks about issues relating to BLM 'every day' :)rolleyes:clearly a lie to make herself look woke af), despite never really doing anything about them. I think it's a similar thing to Caroline where you speak out on previous issues, or make a comment like that, then people get surprised when you later don't comment on something else - not saying it's right to demand people comment but hey ho

Reactions: 6
It's definitely creating a rod for ones own back. I can't imagine anyone demanding Angie from Hot and Flashy make a political statement, she has stuck to her niche. Likewise a lot of other influencers. Caroline was a self appointed expert on everyfuckingthing for a while so this is a situation of her own making (even though I think the freaks are ridiculous)

Reactions: 13

Example:
Even if she’s not necessarily expecting to be given products, words 4 to 9 of that post will certainly guarantee clicks and sympathetic comments. The Freaks are suckers for a sob story. It’s so calculated to attract attention.
Ye…I’m a total witch. duck it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Love the posts on here about cheap products being effective but not sexy. CH put me off Vaseline for years but I’m going to give it another try now. Is it the final layer after moisturiser?

From Lisa Eldrige.

That's how you do a launch and communicate to customers. Hirons take note

Dear Makeup Lovers,

I’m sorry to inform you that my Spring/Summer pre-launch date will have to be pushed back due to an extremely frustrating commercial shipping issue. One of my products has not yet arrived into the warehouse and I do not feel comfortable going live with a pre-launch sale when an item is still in transit. I hope you understand and as always my main concern is that you get the best product along with a 'seamless' overall experience and gold standard customer service. I'll be back in touch the minute I get more concrete information on the situation.

I’m very sorry for any disappointment this delay has caused, but short of swimming the channel with the products on my back (don’t think I haven’t considered it!) this situation is upsettingly out of my hands. Rest assured we are doing everything within our power to speed things up.

On a positive note, after much negotiation I have managed to secure a good warehouse in the EU, so shipping can be resumed! I'll be shipping and delivering products directly from the EU to customers throughout the EU, which will restore efficient service to all my customers in this region

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Love the posts on here about cheap products being effective but not sexy. CH put me off Vaseline for years but I’m going to give it another try now. Is it the final layer after moisturiser?
Yes, it's a sealant, basically. Last layer, to seal in moisture.

ETA: For the poster asking about dry skin products after chemo: I just remembered another good product: Bioderma Atoderm cream. Really nice, thick stuff..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Having dealt with extreme dryness myself at various points, and also having had a mother who has been through chemo and experienced severe all over skin itching because of it, can I recommend:

Body : Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion - my mother found this was the only body lotion that stopped her itching and dryness during chemo. It's the oatmeal extract in it that does it. Can confirm for myself it really does work. Also if body skin is extremely dry, a lotion or cream with urea in it (which helps bind water to the skin) is a great idea. You could try one of the Eucerin body products which are based on various percentages of urea and tend to be very thick and occlusive, or Altruist Urea 10% which is available on Amazon for a fiver, actually cheaper than Eucerin. Also, slap on Vaseline over the top of any of these fort extra occlusivesness.

Face: I found Avene's Extremely Gentle Cleanser an absolute calming, soothing godsend when I had massively dry skin on my face. I also Like their Skin Recovery Cream. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream is an absolute wonder for dry and sensitive skin too. Eucerin also does some heavy facial moisturizers. And again, Vaseline on top of your moisturizer really will work wonders with extremely dry skin.

Hope this helps a little.
cleanserrs- I like the body shop vitamin E face wash. It’s creamy and cleanses without leaving an oily residue.
Night time I like the camomile oil cleanser

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.