Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is off topic but does she ever mention Bare Minerals? What do people here make of the brand? On a recommendation I bought their travel sized products and I've really loved them. The texture of my skin has changed just from using the cleanser and moisturiser. It's like a baby's bum!

Reactions: 5
Sorry if this is off topic but does she ever mention Bare Minerals? What do people here make of the brand? On a recommendation I bought their travel sized products and I've really loved them. The texture of my skin has changed just from using the cleanser and moisturiser. It's like a baby's bum!
She was slagging them off a few weeks ago for their marketing of a new serum. Other than that I can’t remember her mentioning them.
If you like the products, can afford them and they’re working for you keep using them.

Reactions: 10
Skincare is a privilege. Your life doesnt depend on what you use.
These people are embarrassing.
Exactly. The mummy blogger is already getting medical care and is in hospital for a few weeks, there really is no need for a fundraiser for skincare.

The problem with influencer culture is that many people now live beyond their means in a bid to keep up. I mean, we'd all love to be using all La Prairie products* but not everyone can afford them. Likewise, the new car thing and money being tight after. I'm sorry but if you can't afford some skincare products in Boots what the hell are you doing splurging on a new car? A car is a functional item to get people from A to B, buy what you can afford.

People are living beyond their means instead of buying what they can afford and are expecting others to pick up the tab.

And I know some people might say grief does funny things to people but I've known many who have experienced similar devastating losses and would never dream of monetising them in such a way.

Recently a shopkeeper passed away in tragic and unexpected circumstances so a GFM was set up to cover the costs of bringing his body back home to his family on another continent. This makes sense as a fundraiser given the extortionate costs involved. However, a GFM for skincare costs and to sponsor an extended break from work? GFM? More like GTFO. I can't believe the freaks are falling for this and that Caroline/ admins are promoting this kind of culture.

Influencer culture is awful and it's what drives people to this kind of thing

*not really, I'd say a lot of us don't care about La Prairie but just as an example

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I almost never contribute to Go Fund Me and the one time I did, in horrific circumstances, I also felt a bit burnt. The person in question killed themselves and the six figure sum was never returned. No one knows where the money went.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I almost never contribute to Go Fund Me and the one time I did, in horrific circumstances, I also felt a bit burnt. The person in question killed themselves and the six figure sum was never returned. No one knows where the money went.
Ashley cain got over 1 mil and they havent closed the go fund me. Its stated that the money will pay for her funeral (which is deserved) and the rest will go to a charity theyre setting up, however i dont know why they would set up a charity? When there are many out there? I know its not the same thing, im not comparing im just talking about go fund me in general

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Still don't understand why her own blogging community haven't shared this, she's the admin too. She could easily have shared it there, y'know with people who actually know her. Maybe because bloggers are shrewd.

Reactions: 9
Meanwhile a little snip from the freaks group.
I guess commenting that the pharmacist has a point about overloading the skin with products and sponsored bloggers wouldn’t go down well 😄

😳I have just spent the last ten minutes defending Caroline to my pharmacist!!!!!!

My local surgery said to see the pharmacist about my skin, he spent the whole time telling me I was using too much skincare, not to listen to these bloggers as they are secretly being sponsored and just want my money and then suggested I use spot cream on my forehead and vaseline for my face!!!!

# whenyouknowmorethanthepharmacist

This is a photo of what I wanted help with...

Oh and I asked about a mark.on my cheek and he said you'll know if it's a mole or something worse if it gets bigger and darker.....oh ok I'll wait and watch it develop 😳😳😳 — with Caroline Hirons.’
I just came to post this, and the pic she shared... what?! It’s gone now, did anyone see the comments?

Reactions: 3
I didn't but someone else here said that there were a few comments telling her she doesn't know more than a pharmacist and he was right about influencers. Apparently Caroline was referred to as an influencer too

Reactions: 5
Now this could be interesting - Hirons is doing an IG Live with Dr Emma Wedgeworth on the BSFcharity page about sun safety at 5pm today. I have a lot of time for Dr Emma, would prefer not to have shouty Hirons along for the ride. Dr Em's advice on IG (and that of Dr Sam Bunting whose practice she works in) was responsible for transforming my skin after decades of problems which peaked in early lockdown: I realised I actually had rosacea, asked my GP for the appropriate prescription, changed my cleanser and started using azelaic.

I know many aren't keen on Dr Sam because she didn't complete her higher training and is therefore not a Consultant (though she does have years of solid NHS dermatology experience). But the huge amount of free advice she and Dr Emma provide is a gold mine.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Now this could be interesting - Hirons is doing an IG Live with Dr Emma Wedgeworth on the BSFcharity page about sun safety at 5pm today. I have a lot of time for Dr Emma, would prefer not to have shouty Hirons along for the ride. Dr Em's advice (and that of Dr Sam Bunting whose practice she works in) was responsible for transforming my skin after decades of problems which peaked in early lockdown: I realised I actually rosacea, asked my GP for the appropriate prescription, changed my cleanser and started using azelaic.

I know many aren't keen on Dr Sam because she didn't complete her higher training and is therefore not a Consultant (though she does have years of solid NHS dermatology experience). But the huge amount of free advice she and Dr Emma provide is a gold mine.
Are you going to take one for the team and watch? I can’t take Hirons on a live 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Are you going to take one for the team and watch? I can’t take Hirons on a live 😳
I don't think I can bear it - I might watch the replay so I can skip bits. I'm somewhat curious as to whether how much CH will try to talk over a proper expert.

Vaseline was really helpful when I had trashed my barrier wirh too many products. I still use it intermittently at night, have to warm it well in my fingers so it spreads as thinly as possible and try to sleep on my back.

Outspoken Beauty Nicola had Dr Sam on her podcast recently "What not to do" and she had a real dig at beauty boxes being responsible for skin problems. She blames product hopping and complicated routines for barrier issues and irritation. My skin is certainly calmer with a very few consistent basic cheap products.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She is so bizzare with her 'My take on everything is final' to 'I can't be expected to comment on this' her behaviour in general is just weird.
I have been in the group about 2yrs and have gotten some good tips but the hero worship of Caroline is just mind blowing when you think they are grown people.

Reactions: 14
Sure, trust a woman with counter training but not a qualified Pharmacist?

He’s not wrong about the Vaseline either. it’s a great occlusive barrier, I’ve heard derms recommend it before for compromised skin barriers etc. too Goopy for me personally though.
They do. Right across the world, from UK to Japan, petroleum jelly is considered the dermatologist's gold standard for a ruined skin barrier as it's a)scientifically proven the best occlusive to stop trans-epidermal water loss bar none and b) it doesn't form the kind of bonds with the skin that can upset your immune system. It's pretty much the most inert product out there in terms of non irritating skin or causing any kind of reaction. It's also cheap as chips, which is honestly half the problem - skincare snobs like their rare oils obtained from the rainforests of exotic destinations, or super sexy brand new, brand name 'scientific' ingredients, and often confuse price with efficacy. Nothing glam or new about Vaseline, but it's actually scientifically the best thing you can slap on if you have dry skin or a messed up acid mantle.

The mistake some people make with it is whacking it onto completely bone dry skin, and not cleaning their face or removing make-up properly beforehand so it seals in a load of irritating crud instead of water which blocks pores, then they blame the vaseline for making them break out. Clean skin, damp skin, apply on top, over a layer of any medical treatment creams and/or your normal moisturizer too if tolerable.

I know nothing about OTC 'spot creams' for treating acne but that pharm is 100% correct about Vaseline and she should be thankful he's recommending one of the cheapest products in the shop instead of seeing he's got a potential mark and trying to flog her the most expensive thing in stock he can get away with.

I've also mentioned it before here but I've had a NHS consultant dermatologist say to me how many women he sees with severely upset and messed up skin from piling on way too many products instead of simply cleaning and then protecting skin with moisturizer and sunscreen.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't think I can bear it - I might watch the replay so I can skip bits. I'm somewhat curious as to whether how much CH will try to talk over a proper expert.

Vaseline was really helpful when I had trashed my barrier wirh too many products. I still use it intermittently at night, have to warm it well in my fingers so it spreads as thinly as possible and try to sleep on my back.

Outspoken Beauty Nicola had Dr Sam on her podcast recently "What not to do" and she had a real dig at beauty boxes being responsible for skin problems. She blames product hopping and complicated routines for barrier issues and irritation. My skin is certainly calmer with a very few consistent basic cheap products.
I use Aquaphor a fair bit, and the Cerave healing ointment, which are both basically the same as Vaseline. Once you get the application method right it’s one of the the best moisturisers out there. Also very nice on dry lips and backs of the hands.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if Sunday Riley released a Vaseline type product, put it in a fancy jar and called it "Indigo Restoring Concentrate" would the freaks be all over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I wonder if Sunday Riley released a Vaseline type product, put it in a fancy jar and called it "Indigo Restoring Concentrate" would the freaks be all over it.
Absolutely. I have no doubt about it. As I said, half the problem with Vaseline is it isn't sexy and has no snob value. It's cheap, has super-plain packaging and isn't new or exotic.

I have noticed recently there has been some attempt to sell old wine in new jars so to speak, with certain youtubers pushing 'slugging' i.e. putting heaps of vaseline on your face as a last step before bed. I think one of the sexier YT derms pushed it and suddenly it's a thing. Of course it has to have a stupid buzzword they can all throw about to sound like they invented something new. Slugging, FFS. duck off.

From a quick look, they're all super excited at the stunning efficacy of the most well known occlusives and one of the oldest brand name products at sealing water into their skin. Which tells me they previously were pretty clueless about skincare if they didn't realise petroleum jelly is effective and have previously bought all the 'clean beauty' crap about it or ignored it for products that are packaged better, but there you go.

Reactions: 14
Lol La Mer will throw these at you if you talk sweetly to them. Clarins, la mer, sisley best sample givers around. I wonder when she comes off maternity leave will she back on counter :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.