Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use Cerave cleanser: not to take off make up mind. I wouldn’t say it’s cheap but it’s not fancy and extremely effective for me.

Tbh I think you have to find what works for your own skin. I honestly find it sad that people like CH are giving off the message that your need to spend so much money on skin products when I don’t think that’s true. I think it plays on peoples insecurities and they feel the more money they spend, the better.

It’s especially sad for me because I feel I learnt a lot from CH’s cheat sheets about 5-6 years ago and my skin definitely improved because of it. I feel like she’s changed a lot since then.

Having said that, I’m sure there are expensive products that are great - but not BECAUSE they are expensive, if that makes sense. Probably because they suit your skin, have ingredients that work and also work in conjunction with the other products you use.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
omg fully agree about vaseline/cheaper/less sexy products, I have a huge tub of basic emollient cream I use for eczema, but also to morning cleanse and to put as a final layer if I'm having a dry day - literally my skin never looks better than when I do this. It's like £4 from Boots and Hirons would probably vomit but the skin says it all
I always find the way she says "but obviously if it works for you" quite patronising. It's as though shes implying you dont
Am I just being cynical or do so many posts read as sly begs now? I feel like I’m being really horrible but after the GFM mess I honestly don’t know

Example:
My twin sister has not long finished chemotherapy and has asked me for help with a skincare routine (she’s currently using hardly anything 🙈) At the moment her main concern is severe dryness, I want to keep it fairly simple and not crazy expensive but what do you guys think of the below to get her started? ❤
Yeah I am terrible for thinking this on social media as well as the freaks page.

If anyone asks can any one recommend or know where I can get X for a decent price or I'm short of money what do you recommend, my first thought is use Google and stop begging 🤣🤣

I use Cerave cleanser: not to take off make up mind. I wouldn’t say it’s cheap but it’s not fancy and extremely effective for me.

Tbh I think you have to find what works for your own skin. I honestly find it sad that people like CH are giving off the message that your need to spend so much money on skin products when I don’t think that’s true. I think it plays on peoples insecurities and they feel the more money they spend, the better.

It’s especially sad for me because I feel I learnt a lot from CH’s cheat sheets about 5-6 years ago and my skin definitely improved because of it. I feel like she’s changed a lot since then.

Having said that, I’m sure there are expensive products that are great - but not BECAUSE they are expensive, if that makes sense. Probably because they suit your skin, have ingredients that work and also work in conjunction with the other products you use.
She's also edited her cheat sheets, particularly the SPF one.

It used to say how there was only a 1% difference between Factor 30 and factor 50 and factor was 30 was better in the sense that people are more likely to reapply a lower factor as 50 gives them a false confidence as they think they dont need to apply.

That's been removed and she bangs on about how it has to be factor 50

Spf is the one thing I am strict on and it annoys me when there are people on her page that insist a tube of 50ml garnier face SPF lasts a good 6 months, it shouldn't if its applied properly!!

Admin never remove posts where people diagnose other peoples skin conditions and tell them how to treat it but remove posts that disagree with with botox and tweakments

Reactions: 16

This! I've been duped into buying pricier things that did nothing for my skin. I always find the Superdrug range to be excellent and so affordable. A lot of brands play off their exclusivity and inflate the price to fool people that it must be better than what you can get on a high street chemist. Definitely not the case!

Reactions: 12
Somebody call the cops! I use Cetaphil and rinse off with a hot cloth and my skin’s never looked better!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
This! I've been duped into buying pricier things that did nothing for my skin. I always find the Superdrug range to be excellent and so affordable. A lot of brands play off their exclusivity and inflate the price to fool people that it must be better than what you can get on a high street chemist. Definitely not the case!
yes!Superdrugs skin care range is very good !

Reactions: 7
There's been a few posts recently criticising health professionals knowledge on skincare.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I don't know about anyone else but I always consult Brenda the 'devoted nan' on Facebook about anything before believing a medical professional. After all, we'd never know anything about 5g and covid if we listened to the docs.....🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Check with the freaks before following GP advice for a 6 month old??
These posts should be deleted right away. If a grown woman wants to ignore her GPs advice when it comes to her own skin condition, so be it, that's on them. But they should not be allowed to ask for advice on babies and children's skin conditions. All it does is encourage the other freaks to do the same. Very dangerous.

Reactions: 18
I honestly think the group needs a mercy killing at this stage. There's only so many times the same question can be asked again and again and there are other resources online

And some of the questions being asked and answered by the freaks are dangerous. If Caroline has any sense she'll shut it down

Reactions: 16
New post about an 8 year old with spot on her nose. Another freak has responded saying she uses Paula's Choice BHA o her 10 yr old.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Jesus christ, the spot will likely disappear in a few days. What is wrong with these freaks?
To be honest, I worry about the long term effects on these children of this pursuit of unrealistic perfection. Humans get the odd spot. Leave it alone

Reactions: 20
To be honest, I worry about the long term effects on these children of this pursuit of unrealistic perfection. Humans get the odd spot. Leave it alone
So true - a pimple is seen as catastrophic and needing 'treatment' rather than just leave it alone as it is entirely normal.
That site is encouraging absolute lunacy.

Reactions: 15
Am I thinking of someone else or did CH use to brag about her children having perfect skin, never had issues, all because she’s a skincare expert?? Lol makes me think what she would’ve been like if one of her kids had issues like acne. Can imagine her being like “where did I go wrong with you?! I have failed” 🤣🤢

• Haha
  • Wow
Acne is hormonal no skincare can prevent it. I still sometimes get really awful cystic acne spots at times of the month - not even every month. When i get them it is so sore and painful.

Some acne can only be treated with pills or prescription creams. People can developed acne at any age (especially women as our hormones change over time). I don't know if people have watched Beauty News but Hayley about 18 months ago started on tret as in her mid 30s she developed really awful, angry, sore looking acne all around her chin and cheeks, it looked so painful.

I really dislike the people in the group who bang on about issues with children's skin. If I had kids I would probably have them wearing SPF everyday and then double cleansing with something gentle at night followed by a light moisturiser but kids don't need fecking acid.

CH posted a photo of her youngest under a Dermaluxe machine this week as apparently it was treating his acne. Noone has perfect skin all the time.

CH posted a photo of her youngest under a Dermaluxe machine this week as apparently it was treating his acne. Noone has perfect skin all the time.
I thought her family were off limits? As she is so fiercely private about them?
Or was that yesterday :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Didn’t know about the Dermaluxe bit! I know skincare cannot fix acne, I just think CH seems the type to take it personally if her kids didn’t have flawless skin lol haven’t looked at her Insta in a bit but I assume I stand corrected (I don’t even know what Dermaluxe is though 😭)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.