Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I wonder if Sunday Riley released a Vaseline type product, put it in a fancy jar and called it "Indigo Restoring Concentrate" would the freaks be all over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

HotTea

Meanwhile a little snip from the freaks group.
I guess commenting that the pharmacist has a point about overloading the skin with products and sponsored bloggers wouldn’t go down well 😄

😳I have just spent the last ten minutes defending Caroline to my pharmacist!!!!!!

My local surgery said to see the pharmacist about my skin, he spent the whole time telling me I was using too much skincare, not to listen to these bloggers as they are secretly being sponsored and just want my money and then suggested I use spot cream on my forehead and vaseline for my face!!!!

# whenyouknowmorethanthepharmacist

This is a photo of what I wanted help with...

Oh and I asked about a mark.on my cheek and he said you'll know if it's a mole or something worse if it gets bigger and darker.....oh ok I'll wait and watch it develop 😳😳😳 — with Caroline Hirons.’
I was just about to come and post this. Absolutely delusional aren’t they. 😂

ETA: the way she put “defending Caroline to my pharmacist” like can you actually imagine that, some woman standing in the middle of Lloyds Pharmacy ranting at the pharmacist saying “WELL THATS NOT WHAT CAROLINE SAYS”, they’d be thinking….. who the fuck is Caroline? 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43

rosemarina

VIP Member
I had a survey request from Space NK today, presumably because I used to shop there a lot and now I don’t. When they asked why I hadn’t shopped there for a while, I said they’d done too many partnerships with Caroline Hirons, and she’s well known for changing her recommendations based on who is paying her.

• Haha
Reactions: 41

raffifi

So I have been following this thread for a while but never commented (and sorry for my english, it's not my first language).
I bought the autumn kit because a lot of products were on my wish list or I already tried and liked them. But I still haven't even open a lot of the products because I always have to finish one first before starting a new one. And I also don't like to introduce more than one new product into my routine for a few weeks. I don't regret buying it but I wouldn't buy a kit again because with this many products it takes a long time for me to use them. So I don't think I will ever buy a kit again.
And I also had to stop following her, she really started to annoy me in the last two years. She's just so all over the place all the time and shouting and pretending she's better than everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Is she for real? Pay for your treatments? After the last lockdown she went at midnight the moment she could and was all #gifted 🙄
I love this #payforyourtreatments shite.
Is she so removed from reality and stuck in her influencer bubble she doesn't realise 99.9% of the population actually fucking have to?
It isn't optional.
She should save the pay for it stuff for her private WhatsApp group with freeloading buddies like Sali Hughes.

• Haha
Reactions: 36

Ninetiesbitxh

Not sure if you caught the Aldi drama a few days ago with a new Lacura release? It’s a classic aldi rip off of Glow Recipe. The freaks went wild and acted as if was a personal attack, as if they founded GR, declaring CH HATES Aldi knock offs. Anyway, I ordered the products and they’ve arrived today! They look fab - pineapple serum, avo eye cream and a watermelon moisturiser. But maybe I should have posted in the freaks group that I couldn’t afford the Glow Recipe ones and if possible could they club together and purchase them all for me?

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Carakin

I cannot begin nor do I want to imagine what it must be like to lose a baby but that whole situation doesn't sit well with me.
I know people grieve in many different ways but posting about that and with pictures into a group of thousands of strangers and under the guise of skincare help, I dont understand! I'm a private person I don't get this need to share the most heartbreaking intimate moments.

Reactions: 33

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Skincare is a privilege. Your life doesnt depend on what you use.
These people are embarrassing.
Exactly. The mummy blogger is already getting medical care and is in hospital for a few weeks, there really is no need for a fundraiser for skincare.

The problem with influencer culture is that many people now live beyond their means in a bid to keep up. I mean, we'd all love to be using all La Prairie products* but not everyone can afford them. Likewise, the new car thing and money being tight after. I'm sorry but if you can't afford some skincare products in Boots what the hell are you doing splurging on a new car? A car is a functional item to get people from A to B, buy what you can afford.

People are living beyond their means instead of buying what they can afford and are expecting others to pick up the tab.

And I know some people might say grief does funny things to people but I've known many who have experienced similar devastating losses and would never dream of monetising them in such a way.

Recently a shopkeeper passed away in tragic and unexpected circumstances so a GFM was set up to cover the costs of bringing his body back home to his family on another continent. This makes sense as a fundraiser given the extortionate costs involved. However, a GFM for skincare costs and to sponsor an extended break from work? GFM? More like GTFO. I can't believe the freaks are falling for this and that Caroline/ admins are promoting this kind of culture.

Influencer culture is awful and it's what drives people to this kind of thing

*not really, I'd say a lot of us don't care about La Prairie but just as an example

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Shineyshine

VIP Member
This is exactly what pisses me right off about her. She goes ahead and ‘outs’ dermatologists and Cetaphil for being in collusion with one another, as the murky and shady underbelly of big pharma. However she has earned a massive chunk of her earnings over the last few years by doing pretty much the same thing. Especially in the days before the ASA started to clamp down on the advertising rules. She still does it now, although to a lesser extent - just because you put ‘not an advert’ doesn’t mean it isn’t one 🙄

Attachments

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
So companies paying derms = bad
companies paying influencers (sorry, #gifting,obvs) - good

Anyway, the bit about moles is downright dangerous, of course they should be watched - removal might be an option if you have one or two but I'm fucking covered in them!

View attachment 518393
Er what? Get them removed is not going to be an option for everyone, as I understand it, mole removals aren't covered by the NHS and not everyone has access to a derm. Of course moles should be watched, same as any changes on any body parts. She is an ignoramus

Heidic

Someone has written in the group today about their 9 year old daughters routine including the Elemis balm 🙃

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
On her Cliff list - Superdrug? All of it? Seriously?
Everyone knows they do amazing products for very little money.
Reeks of snobbishness to me.

• Sick
Reactions: 30

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
So companies paying derms = bad
companies paying influencers (sorry, #gifting,obvs) - good

Anyway, the bit about moles is downright dangerous, of course they should be watched - removal might be an option if you have one or two but I'm fucking covered in them!

Screenshot_2021-04-07 Caroline Hirons auf Twitter.png

• Wow
Reactions: 29

DeeDee14

I guess commenting that the pharmacist has a point about overloading the skin with products and sponsored bloggers wouldn’t go down well 😄

😳I have just spent the last ten minutes defending Caroline to my pharmacist!!!!!!

My local surgery said to see the pharmacist about my skin, he spent the whole time telling me I was using too much skincare, not to listen to these bloggers as they are secretly being sponsored and just want my money and then suggested I use spot cream on my forehead and vaseline for my face!!!!

Oh and I asked about a mark.on my cheek and he said you'll know if it's a mole or something worse if it gets bigger and darker.....oh ok I'll wait and watch it develop 😳😳😳 — with Caroline Hirons.’

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28

BigMavis

VIP Member
I think she looks good but wouldn't look half as good without all the tweaks. She's had more bits of her face lopped off, pulled, frozen and filled than most of us. But ya sure its just whichever magic cream/serum/mist she's promoting this week.
When she was a proper skincare person she would open drawers in her living room bursting with product and with a sigh tell us all that she only had one face and liked to take her time using a product to see if it worked. Don't know where that woman went, probably disposed as hospital waste the first time she went on the surgeons table.

• Haha

mindlessness

VIP Member

Sure, trust a woman with counter training but not a qualified Pharmacist?

He’s not wrong about the Vaseline either. it’s a great occlusive barrier, I’ve heard derms recommend it before for compromised skin barriers etc. too Goopy for me personally though.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
It's relevant to Caroline as it was on the freaks page. I'm pretty uncomfortable that this blogger has exploited the kindness of strangers for a cash grab. Why should we quash our instincts and not be allowed to discuss things because it makes some people uncomfortable? It is perfectly fine to acknowledge that what happened to the blogger is an awful tragedy but to still be able to discuss the grubby GFM that was facilitated by the freaks page and Caroline

• Heart

Ninetiesbitxh

How many days after her coma.
Birth on Sunday (25th April), woke up from the coma on Monday (26th April), posting on insta by the Friday (30th April), freaks group post 4th May.

And yeah I know it sounds like I’ve rewritten the Craig David 7 days

• Haha
  • Wow