Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t know about the Dermaluxe bit! I know skincare cannot fix acne, I just think CH seems the type to take it personally if her kids didn’t have flawless skin lol haven’t looked at her Insta in a bit but I assume I stand corrected (I don’t even know what Dermaluxe is though 😭)
Dermaluxe is an LED/infrared mask. Usually in Salons but you can by one to use at home for £1,800...

I think CH has been gifted one or was given a trial but her son was using it in a salon.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Didn’t know about the Dermaluxe bit! I know skincare cannot fix acne, I just think CH seems the type to take it personally if her kids didn’t have flawless skin lol haven’t looked at her Insta in a bit but I assume I stand corrected (I don’t even know what Dermaluxe is though 😭)
She recently took her youngest for some LED treatment for acne

Her son has eczema and I bought a few things she recommended like mother dirt, which was the only thing that worked..

Am I thinking of someone else or did CH use to brag about her children having perfect skin, never had issues, all because she’s a skincare expert?? Lol makes me think what she would’ve been like if one of her kids had issues like acne. Can imagine her being like “where did I go wrong with you?! I have failed” 🤣🤢
She’s shown Max having acne treatment and Ava (who uses all of Caroline’s stuff apparently) is all over TikTok complaining about her bad skin too. Hmmmm

• Wow
Reactions: 9
This is the problem when you try out lots of new products at once.. how are you supposed to know which one you’re reacting to?

“ Does anyone know if they accept kits back if they’ve been used? I got spring kit 1 in the week, I used everything once and have come out in an allergic rash all over my face”

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
This is the problem when you try out lots of new products at once.. how are you supposed to know which one you’re reacting to?

“ Does anyone know if they accept kits back if they’ve been used? I got spring kit 1 in the week, I used everything once and have come out in an allergic rash all over my face”
Can you return beauty products in the UK?

Reactions: 2

Has this post been deleted? Can’t find it in the group 😱

Reactions: 2

That’ll be a great big no

• Haha
Reactions: 8
See a few more heart tugging stories, the gfm starter must be having a day off.

• Haha
Can you return beauty products in the UK?
No. Some places may take skincare or make-up back if you have an allergy, but even some of those will duck you around and try not to if they can help it. For the most part, once you've bought it, you've bought it, and if you don't like it, tough tit. To be fair, anything you return opened at all, never mind used, is obviously unsaleable and must be written off and thrown in a waste stream, so even though I'd like it to be returnable, I can see why it's not. People would definitely take the piss as I believe they often do in the US where everything is returnable.

It makes me as a consumer VERY cautious about what I buy. I would never spend on a beauty box for this and other reasons (like having very picky skin). I don't want to spend £££ on unusable products.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
A Derm ????? She is aged 8 and has a tiny spot on her nose. I despair
It looks like a freckle? It’s just a clogged pore, it’s not going to kill her!

Way to make a child insecure for life, and probably ruin their skin with CH’s devotees’ “advice”.

(just caught up on all this thread after learning that Caroline now espouses entirely different advice from what she did circa 2012. What a shiller)

Jesus christ, she's 8 years old. A mild soap and water and a soft cloth will suffice. Sometimes I think these posters are just looking for material to show what amazing skincare devotees they are.

Can you imagine an eight year old with a multistep 'skincare routine' that isn't for some disease? I had to use medicinal creams every single night from age four onwards because of a skin condition (eczema), and I did not enjoy it. Little kids don't need to be put through endless 'steps' because mummy can't bear to see them with a single tiny blemish. Let them at least reach puberty before you start fussing at them about their imperfect skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Wait, that's not even her daughter, it's her niece? And the girls mother has already taken her to a dermatologist? I can imagine my sisters reaction if I tried to impose a skincare routine on my young nieces. The words 'duck' and 'off' come to mind

"I want to set up a routine for her". Not even my sister asked me to but "I want"

I don't see any blackheads and that 'large spot' is tiny!

Reactions: 18
I think it’s about making themselves pivotal to something, all this. Setting themselves up as an authority on something, possibly because they don’t have that elsewhere in their lives.

Reactions: 10
Wait, that's not even her daughter, it's her niece? And the girls mother has already taken her to a dermatologist? I can imagine my sisters reaction if I tried to impose a skincare routine on my young nieces. The words 'duck' and 'off' come to mind

"I want to set up a routine for her". Not even my sister asked me to but "I want"

I don't see any blackheads and that 'large spot' is tiny!
It’s madness isn’t it? When my niece was small, she didn’t even like wet wipes on her face to get food off.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.