Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Funny there is so much Vaseline Talk today!

I saw the new Video from Susan yara '10 ways to use Vaseline' today (dont really like her especially after what went down in the beginning of Naturium) but still interesting that also the expensive skinfluencer now recommend it :D

Reactions: 8
omg fully agree about vaseline/cheaper/less sexy products, I have a huge tub of basic emollient cream I use for eczema, but also to morning cleanse and to put as a final layer if I'm having a dry day - literally my skin never looks better than when I do this. It's like £4 from Boots and Hirons would probably vomit but the skin says it all

• Heart
Reactions: 13
omg fully agree about vaseline/cheaper/less sexy products, I have a huge tub of basic emollient cream I use for eczema, but also to morning cleanse and to put as a final layer if I'm having a dry day - literally my skin never looks better than when I do this. It's like £4 from Boots and Hirons would probably vomit but the skin says it all
Switching to Dermol 500 eczema wash/lotion to wash my face am and pm was a big part of my skin's recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Lol La Mer will throw these at you if you talk sweetly to them. Clarins, la mer, sisley best sample givers around. I wonder when she comes off maternity leave will she back on counter :ROFLMAO:
£100 is not going to go far in funding the end of her maternity leave.

Reactions: 4
I tried to go and watch the video from her live this evening with the Dr, but from the get go she was putting on lip gloss and slurping tea. Then the usual fannying about, so I lasted a couple of mins 🤦‍♀️ She’s just totally unwatchable.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ashley cain got over 1 mil and they havent closed the go fund me. Its stated that the money will pay for her funeral (which is deserved) and the rest will go to a charity theyre setting up, however i dont know why they would set up a charity? When there are many out there? I know its not the same thing, im not comparing im just talking about go fund me in general
Eyes have been raised about this as what baby needs a massive funeral? And most will do it for
Free

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Her posts and updates are such an uncomfortable read. My main reaction is that it is all so disrespectful to the baby who died. That little soul seems to have got lost in all this.

(And yes, of course people grieve in different ways and I have no idea what it is like to lose a baby, but...)
I have family that have lost teenagers. They had to sell and move houses old house was to close to cement and My aunt was spending too much time at the cemetery. Skin care, money were no where in her thought process.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Interesting because she has been very vocal about plenty of non-skincare topics in the past. Changed her tune. But for the better I'd say.
Why should Hirons be expected to comment? I understand a big following helps reach more people but we can’t expect influencers to speak on everything - I certainly don’t want that
Yeah it does look smooth but there’s just something so ageing about her ,the hair,the puffy face,her overall vibe .I don’t know .I think she’s just got an old looking face if that makes any sense ,the kind who would look beyond her years even in her youth .Sure her skin is clear though
reminds me of Giovanna fletcher - she’s younger but she always will look like a matronly/mumsy type. Not knocking her. I think whoever said about genetics etc is right, how did people get on before spf and various strengths of moisturiser etc never mind peels and the rest.. a lot of it has got to be down to what god gave you, so to speak

Reactions: 7
Nobody is expecting Hirons to comment on everything- not here anyway! The point is that Caroline created a rod for her own back by being a mouthpiece on every issue (even ones she had no clue about which is most of them). I'm glad she put up a boundary but also a bit annoyed that she can't see she only has herself to blame.

Reactions: 17
Nobody is expecting Hirons to comment on everything- not here anyway! The point is that Caroline created a rod for her own back by being a mouthpiece on every issue (even ones she had no clue about which is most of them). I'm glad she put up a boundary but also a bit annoyed that she can't see she only has herself to blame.
I see. I can understand the expectation in this case then.

Reactions: 2
Why should Hirons be expected to comment? I understand a big following helps reach more people but we can’t expect influencers to speak on everything - I certainly don’t want that
Not sure what you mean, I certainly don't expect her to comment on anything and think it's for the best she's choosing not to. Like @SqualorVictoria mentioned, Caroline has a track record of commenting on every major issue of the moment. Seems to me that someone has had a word with her about it.

Reactions: 4
Not sure what you mean, I certainly don't expect her to comment on anything and think it's for the best she's choosing not to. Like @SqualorVictoria mentioned, Caroline has a track record of commenting on every major issue of the moment. Seems to me that someone has had a word with her about it.
I did acknowledge my misunderstanding a few comments up.
My comment was referring to why Caroline, as an influencer, for want if a better word, not a politician or foreign affairs correspondent, should be expected To proffer an opinion. I have not followed her closely enough historically to know she was a gobshite & put herself in the position of people now expecting an opinion from her. Although, I think the point still stands to a degree, people expect a lot from social media personalities, hobby or otherwise, when they should really be encouraged to stay in their lane. Mental Heath awareness etc is another issue. Everything becomes an excuse for a post/engagement and does nothing to squash the out of control egos of these people. I suppose really it’s just frustrating that there is a lot of people really hanging on a strangers every word when they should be able to think/educate themselves.

Reactions: 5
The freaks group can't think for themselves, every thought, opinion and product must be approved by Hirons. Weird but true. She's been very vocal in the past about real issues, shouts her opinions at her followers and they are like little nodding dogs.
I think its fair to conclude shes been given a warning to knock it off.

Anything more from mummy blogger or has that went quiet.

Reactions: 11
Agreed, it takes all my effort to get my 13 year old son to have a shower every other day 😳
Just read the comment, not the first time this woman has gotten to me.
I remember she commented on another post regarding SPF that her then 4 year old had gotten what she called blackheads on her nose and she was now trying to remedy it by using a mild acid! She also went on about her children’s beautiful skin and how she took pride in it or something. It was just bizarre and it seems a sure fire way to give those kids self esteem issues later on in life if Mum places such a ridiculous emphasis on appearance.

• Wow
It's a truly sad state of affairs when you expect a skin care influencer to be commenting on international affairs. PICK UP A BLOODY BROADSHEET NEWSPAPER FOR FFS!!! Read up about the history of the conflict/colonialism etc. Let Caroline shill her products and stay in her lane.

I was laughing to myself over the people in the Lily Pebbles thread complaining that she's not addressing Israel/Palestine. Lily. Pebbles. I mean, do we really think she should :D?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.