Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw on Instagram that a poster said re the kits “not much time to make a decision which kit to go for”. CH replied “plenty of time.”
Erm instastories 4-7pm and kits for sale at 8pm. Hardly plenty of time.
Why the rush?
I thought it was bad when she only gave out details 24 hours prior to launch with previous kits, but this is something else.
It’s as if she doesn’t want people to do their research and wants them to panic buy instead.
CH is a huge Oprah fan and what is it Oprah says? “When someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
Had CH behaved like she does now at the start of her “media” career I doubt she’d have the following she has now.

Reactions: 15
Time-limited offers are the basis of many phone scams for a reason. It gives you no time to THINK, only act. Time to think gives people time to calm down and process information, and assess the deal more clearly. Calming down and processing time will thus result in fewer sales. She wants people carried away with FOMO and excitement and hitting the buy button, not carefully considering whether they want or need the products offered.

This and limited edition everything are the bane of the modern beauty industry.

Reactions: 19
Don't want.. don't care... imagine people feeling the compulsion to buy the kit plus the "acid" box... I used to like her so much ... she's literally become a sales person..making hay while the sun shines..

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Not to be mean, but I certainly would not look to either of them (in the IG photo) for any beauty or skincare advice. (Don’t even know who the other woman is.)

Reactions: 6
Don't want.. don't care... imagine people feeling the compulsion to buy the kit plus the "acid" box... I used to like her so much ... she's literally become a sales person..making hay while the sun shines..
She's primarily a salesperson, in background, training etc. It's her primary skill, for sure. She's really good at shifting anything she's told to or paid to. Imagine she'd be good at selling anything from handbags to cars if she put her hand to it. What I object to is her being represented as some honest skincare expert, something she is absolutely not.

Reactions: 12
My heart is breaking. Someone has posted about the death of her baby on Sunday, and wants skincare advice. Poor, poor woman. Maybe she Is just desperate for a distraction..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Omg she reminds me of that Abby from Dance Mums. Shouts her gob off and makes everyone think they need her but in reality they could do just as well if not better without because it’s all just self indulgent - gunna help my mates and shill you skincare you don’t need.

Not gunna lie though - what an utter kitshow they always are provides great entertainment!

Reactions: 2
Cerave does 200ml of the best moisturizer my very reactive skin has ever encountered for at the moment for £6.50 on Amazon. Altruist which has the best filters out there does two SPF50 100ml for £8 or two 200ml SPPF 30 for £8.75. There are supermarket sunscreens that are very good that cost even less. Of course, it's possible to cost less when you don't spend huge money on advertising bugdets, spokesmodels, fancy packaging, and endlessly giving away product, parties, free trips to silly places and cash in huge amounts to influencers. Most skincare ingredients are not expensive at all, in fact many great ingredients are dirt cheap.

I've seen Caroline push the idea that any cleanser under £20 is not 'an investment in your face' kind of thing. Just pulled that amount out of her arse as if the price equates directly with the ability of a product to clean your face. That's the mercenary, manipulative, greedy saleswoman in her, appealing to guilt and emotion, telling customers they don't care about their skin if they don't spend x-amount on the product she wants to sell and make money from. She's utterly abominable, and I don't get why more people don't see through her because it's so obvious with everything she does that she doesn't care about your bank balance or your skin, she mainly cares about her bottom line. She's the counter saleswoman who'll push a whole unsuitable line on a customer with promises and guilt trips and underhand insults, because she's getting commission on every product she sells.
yesssss the way she shits on the superdrug own brand stuff drives me mad... has she even tried it or does she just think it's beneath her. She just shits all over it because it's cheap? it's literally all some people can afford and it's great? she loves so sound like the every-woman but she's clearly raking it in

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
yesssss the way she shits on the superdrug own brand stuff drives me mad... has she even tried it or does she just think it's beneath her. She just shits all over it because it's cheap? it's literally all some people can afford and it's great? she loves so sound like the every-woman but she's clearly raking it in
It's cheap and she gets no cut for selling or advertising it. It's cheap in part because they don't have to give away large sums to a middleman or shill, of course.

She'll reverse her opinion on Superdrug the moment they ask her to partner with her on something, that's for sure.

Reactions: 9
Are these kits worth the money? I’m tempted to buy one arrrghhhh

Yeah I felt more excited about the winter kit. I don’t think the freaks are all that impressed either

Reactions: 2
Yeah I felt more excited about the winter kit. I don’t think the freaks are all that impressed either
I'm not impressed either , I'm normally always willing to try and get one but this isn't pulling me in at all. Especially on a Tuesday night at 8 o clock, I would not be bothered going through the hassle at this time of the evening

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.