Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here are the Look Fantastic screenshots.
Wow “there is only so much you can take from the earth.”

She’s realllllll dumb. Just found this thread and got pulled in by the critique of the clean beauty critique, and it did disappoint! Tbh I am a total skincare junkie but have never found Caroline Hurons very pleasant, informative, or useful to watch. I didn’t learn anything from the few videos that I watched, and moved on. I find it surprising she has a career as a beauty influencer, there are sooooo many others out there!

Reactions: 11
Wow “there is only so much you can take from the earth.”
Shows what a thoroughly stupid woman she is. It’s not all about what you’re taking, it’s about what you’re flushing back into water supply, landfill etc.

I use mostly natural products as I have extremely sensitive skin. Synthetic fragrance is an absolute no. Where I can I’ll chose low plastic or no packaging.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I had a full on argument with someone a few years ago when getting my makeup done for a wedding. I wouldn’t let her use the Charlotte Tilbury magic cream on my face. I had spent €90 on it about a year before and because I’ve sensitive skin/ it smells strongly of rose it gave me a sore rash and I wasn’t letting this person put it near me again.

CH had said the Charlotte Tilbury magic cream would only be bad for ageing or ache prone skin and because I’ve neither she said I was wrong and it must have been something else. Told her CH isn’t Jesus and I know my skin better than she does. This was years before the cult of Caroline really took off. People have been taking her as gospel for years.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Jesus, was this someone doing your makeup? No means no, FFS.

Also that doesn't even make sense as an argument. Why would it be bad for ageing skin and not others?

Reactions: 7
Jesus, was this someone doing your makeup? No means no, FFS.

Also that doesn't even make sense as an argument. Why would it be bad for ageing skin and not others?
I didn’t look into it tbh. I just knew that it didn’t work for me and I wasn’t going digging for evidence that said otherwise. It’ll always stick with me. She didn’t mean any harm and she’s done my makeup for other things since and she’s very good it was just something she was very zealous about at the time.

Reactions: 5
Yeah the part about the argument not making sense was more aimed at Caroline but we all know Caroline talks out of her arse

Reactions: 6
I had a full on argument with someone a few years ago when getting my makeup done for a wedding. I wouldn’t let her use the Charlotte Tilbury magic cream on my face. I had spent €90 on it about a year before and because I’ve sensitive skin/ it smells strongly of rose it gave me a sore rash and I wasn’t letting this person put it near me again.

CH had said the Charlotte Tilbury magic cream would only be bad for ageing or ache prone skin and because I’ve neither she said I was wrong and it must have been something else. Told her CH isn’t Jesus and I know my skin better than she does. This was years before the cult of Caroline really took off. People have been taking her as gospel for years.
I had a sample of the CT magic cream a few years back. Tried it once, that was enough. Awful stuff. I knew before I applied it to my face, but I was curious and daft so I went ahead anyway. Sore face within minutes, and I’m not particularly sensitive. I didn’t care for the texture or feel of the product either. Wouldn’t go near it again or recommend it, based on my experience.

Reactions: 4
I shelled out on the magic cream, was ok for me but I'm not sensitive, it certainly wasn't worth £70. If you ever want to cheat a good skin day I highly recommend the Hollywood flawless filter, that stuffs magic in a bottle.
I found a stash of the ordinary products and I've been experimenting. Buffet is so good and I never rated it in the past.

I shelled out on the magic cream, was ok for me but I'm not sensitive, it certainly wasn't worth £70. If you ever want to cheat a good skin day I highly recommend the Hollywood flawless filter, that stuffs magic in a bottle.
I found a stash of the ordinary products and I've been experimenting. Buffet is so good and I never rated it in the past.
I have tried a loads of CT products these are my thoughts FWIW on some of them that I can remember

Pillow Talk - not for me
Magic Cream - Ok but as Big Mavis says not worth the money
Wonderglow - meh
Unisex Healthy Glow - now this I love, but I have found the Beauty Pie tinted primer just as good
Multi Miracle Glow - I have bought this a few times so I must like it but would not rave about it like some do
Jewelgasm lipstick- love this and bought on recommendation of a fellow tattler.
Magic Night cream - would not mind trying this but its probably overrated
In summary overpriced and over hyped as a brand I think.

In other news - Brace for Impact the spring kits are coming

• Haha
How in hell do the freaky freaks need more product already? This is getting ridiculous

nb. CH is STILL limiting comments on her insta posts.
I can only think many of them have rooms full of opened, used once or twice and expired product. Or unopened and expired product. It's what I don't get about collecting skincare the way some of them seem to. You can only use it at a certain rate because you only do your routine once or twice a day and it's not like a book where you can put it on the shelf to use later and it's still fine in four or five or ten years. Skincare has a built in expiry date and it's usually long enough to use it all if you use it regularly, but freaks seem to collect products like Pokemon so how can they use everything regularly enough to get through even a fraction of it?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.