Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m a little late... but...The 3 pack DDG pads are not sold to people. I always save my Sephora points to get the 3 pack of DDG pads. I use 100 points for them in Sephora’s beauty reward system. To pay actual money for a 3 pack.. is kinda ridiculous. Then to call it an acid box is just insulting to our intelligence.

Reactions: 17
Hey guys I'm new to this and just wanted to hop on to add my two pence. I've followed Caroline for a number of years now and have always wondered as a 'sKinCaRe GuROo', why her skin seems to look so bad? In the past I've bought a few of her recommendations which have massively damaged my skin. Loved catching up with these threads!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Add me to the list of dummies who bought Blue Lagoon. 🤦‍♀️ Also Hydraluron way back when. And Emma Hardie. The Emma Hardie balm was admittedly great. Meh on Hydraluron.

I never did try Spatone, but I’m a loyal Floradix fan so didn’t need an alternative. Love the stuff.
I bought Hydraluron too, and it just make my face unpleasantly sticky for the whole day. Couldn’t work out why the hype.
I bought the Emma Hardie Serum when there was an offer from CH and that did bugger all for my skin too.

Reactions: 4
I bought Hydraluron too, and it just make my face unpleasantly sticky for the whole day. Couldn’t work out why the hype.
I bought the Emma Hardie Serum when there was an offer from CH and that did bugger all for my skin too.
Yeah, I fell for the Hydraluron hype back in the day. It was crap. I felt duped. Although at the time I thought it must just be me because everyone else was saying how wonderful it was. But it was just a sticky mess and my skin didn’t feel or look any different/better 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Hey guys I'm new to this and just wanted to hop on to add my two pence. I've followed Caroline for a number of years now and have always wondered as a 'sKinCaRe GuROo', why her skin seems to look so bad? In the past I've bought a few of her recommendations which have massively damaged my skin. Loved catching up with these threads!
Hard agree. She looks pretty bad IMHO, even with the Botox and fillers. And that stringy, bleached, dried out hair is a terrible advertisement for Josh Woods’ salon.

I’ve been on the freaks page for a couple of years now and for the life of me cannot understand the sycophancy around her and why the freaks don’t look at her face and think, “Why is this woman giving us advice when she looks so rough herself?”
I also find it heartbreaking when you see posts from women who have damaged their facial acid mantle with unnecessary acid/retinol etc use and the other freaks (or CH herself) offer them terrible advice which always include buying and using more expensive products. And don’t get me bloody started on those weirdos asking for skincare routines for their nine year olds! 🤬

Reactions: 14
I'm sure she mentioned lush back in the day, she told a story of how they made Diana a moisturiser. I didn't know that until Caroline told me and I remember stuff like that.
Yes .. along with a another cream type cleanser

Reactions: 2
I remember Stephanie , she had really long fingernails didn’t she, and got so annoyed if anyone asked how she managed with them or said they looked better shorter 😂

I think she became poorly and left SM for a long while, although I’ve seen her back recently. But you’re right, Hirons used to be practically best mates with her and now never even mentions her name.
She was unwell..n then her dog of 16 years plus died... very very sad ....

What was the issue with the double cleanse?

I've always done this and sometimes use the same cleanser twice or use two separates, but for some reason, Caroline feels she invented this?

Has anyone on here actually discovered a tip off Caroline that has been really good and worked and has been original to her?

I just don't trust people advertising and selling products or clothes etc on Insta. You are getting paid, how honest are you actually being?!
Caroline feels she's invented double cleanse recommends it for pm... n the Derm is completely anti the concept... infact the derm goes as far as to say 1 cleanse in PM is sufficient.. now I don't agree .. I like to cleanse both am n pm... but again depends on so many factors.. environment..wearing makeup spf or not ... skin type n personal preference but she called out Caroline it n on how to apply retinol as documented in her book.. tagged her n it was quite a scene...on insta...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Oh look at this! The spf saviour that is Caroline Hirons is giving us an spf recommendation! This, from a woman who said makeup spf was sufficient and acid toned twice a day. I hate that she is making herself out to be the spf queen. She’s the reason I didn’t take spf seriously . The first 3 years of my skincare journey I followed her advice. She worked with a skin cancer doctor and still went on about a light layer of spf! The moron is almost just as bad as gwenyth .. she only jumped on the bandwagon when it was becoming popular by hyram. She gives BAD ADVICE!

Also as a side note.. Caroline said you don’t have to wait 15 minutes before going outside. You are fully protected as soon as you put it on. That it’s on the label because it’s just routine now to put it on the bottle. I Now make a POINT to wait 15 minutes. Caroline is full of it most the time so why should I believe that! Can’t stand her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I’m a little late... but...The 3 pack DDG pads are not sold to people. I always save my Sephora points to get the 3 pack of DDG pads. I use 100 points for them in Sephora’s beauty reward system. To pay actual money for a 3 pack.. is kinda ridiculous. Then to call it an acid box is just insulting to our intelligence.
When I saw this “acid box” I was just like what...? I can honestly say I don’t remember being so confused in a long time. I thought she might go overboard with acid in this box, but three pads for £70? Thank god I’ve seen the light

• Haha
Reactions: 9
When I saw this “acid box” I was just like what...? I can honestly say I don’t remember being so confused in a long time. I thought she might go overboard with acid in this box, but three pads for £70? Thank god I’ve seen the light
Surely even some of the Freaks must be calling her out for this? Or does she still have post approval turned on in her Facebook group from her winter kit disaster?

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Surely even some of the Freaks must be calling her out for this? Or does she still have post approval turned on in her Facebook group from her winter kit disaster?
In a previous tattle .. someone screenshot the IG live of her reveal. There were a few messages saying you only get 6 days of acid in an acid box?.. you can find it in this forum (Caroline #9) buuut I mean Caroline controls the comments on all of her pages. So you really can’t bring up that valid point except on tattle

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Hard agree. She looks pretty bad IMHO, even with the Botox and fillers. And that stringy, bleached, dried out hair is a terrible advertisement for Josh Woods’ salon.

I’ve been on the freaks page for a couple of years now and for the life of me cannot understand the sycophancy around her and why the freaks don’t look at her face and think, “Why is this woman giving us advice when she looks so rough herself?”
I also find it heartbreaking when you see posts from women who have damaged their facial acid mantle with unnecessary acid/retinol etc use and the other freaks (or CH herself) offer them terrible advice which always include buying and using more expensive products. And don’t get me bloody started on those weirdos asking for skincare routines for their nine year olds! 🤬
I don't even think you understand. A friend forwarded a link to her bLoG where she was promoting a specific product which I ended up purchasing. I had troubled skin during my teens and thanks to a watertight skincare routine I got to a point where people would actually ask ME for my routine. Girl, I broke the duck out all over my face and this wasn't just your average white heads. My face (cheeks were most affected) was full of cystic spots. Not only that, after consulting a dermatologist, I found out that I completely ruined my skins moisture barrier! My skin has improved and thank the heavens there's no scarring but the derm said the redness can take a little while to fade. I'm attaching pics of what my skin was like before and what it currently looks like (not wearing makeup in either pic nor have they been edited, I appreciate the lighting is different in the pics but you guys get the gist). Hiron$ is a crook!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
@mimi68 I'm so sorry you've gone through that.

I think this is something CH needs to take much more seriously. So many damaged skin barriers thanks to her advice.

I don't even think you understand. A friend forwarded a link to her bLoG where she was promoting a specific product which I ended up purchasing. I had troubled skin during my teens and thanks to a watertight skincare routine I got to a point where people would actually ask ME for my routine. Girl, I broke the duck out all over my face and this wasn't just your average white heads. My face (cheeks were most affected) was full of cystic spots. Not only that, after consulting a dermatologist, I found out that I completely ruined my skins moisture barrier! My skin has improved and thank the heavens there's no scarring but the derm said the redness can take a little while to fade. I'm attaching pics of what my skin was like before and what it currently looks like (not wearing makeup in either pic nor have they been edited, I appreciate the lighting is different in the pics but you guys get the gist). Hiron$ is a crook!
This post highlights what I find so concerning about skincare now. You think are doing OK with the basics plus SPF. But reading CH and her group and others they recommend and normalise strong treatments. Women's faces have become a chemistry set for all sorts of stuff thrown at it.

Reactions: 14

I think this is something CH needs to take much more seriously. So many damaged skin barriers thanks to her advice.
No kidding! Hirons is FINALLY trying to get people to calm down with the acids and retinols but it’s a little too late for most who have followed her from the beginning. Hirons thinks she discovered “acid toners” so went on about it for years. I’m horrified that she recommended acid toning twice a day and getting spf from makeup. When she was using acid toners she hardly used retinol which is actually more anti-aging then using acid twice a day.

Also I’m very annoyed on how she recommends products for acne. She says use BHA and retinols but forgets the usefulness of benzoyl peroxide. I was following her advice with her stupid acids and finally I just went to the science. It’s harsh but Proven time and time again. Hope hirons can pay for my treatment of acne scars. witch

Reactions: 9

Thank you bby x. The moisture barrier and redness were honestly the least of it. I know it sounds like a first world problem like wow I have spots on my face woe is me, but it's not even from a place of vanity. Anyone who's had cystic would know just how painful those spots are and how long they take to heal.

@Whatisgoingoninworld totally agree with you! I was prescribed benzoyl peroxide by my GP and 1.5 years later, I had the best skin along with bleached baby hairs :p the basics are honestly the best. The more I'm reading into her, the more I'm realising just how much she pushed this BHA/AHA drivel. We really should invoice her for our treatments because boyyyyy those dermatologists are pricey. I'm just thankful that I could afford to seek professional help from someone with legit medical qualifications and will not be swaying from my usual routine ever again.

Reactions: 11
@mimi68 I totally agree! In my experience my acne was painful and destroyed my self-esteem/mental health to the point I stopped showing up to the job I loved. So I am bitter that she is making tons of money while I, “the small person over here” has suffered in so many ways just so she can make an extra buck. Back in the day she presented herself as a mother figure so I’m very disgusted by her.
Benzoyl peroxide is amazing if your not a freak about it (pun intended) I slowly used it along with differin some nights and it took 4 months to see an improvement .
I’m saving up for my laser + doing lots of research so I can put this awful memory of hirons behind me LoL . I wish I got a tattoo of hirons on my ass, then having facial scars to remind me lol.

#carolinehirons made me do it
#getatattooinstead

Reactions: 8
Hydra-Luron gave me cystic acne lumps under the surface of my skin.

the Emma Hardie balm was nice but so essential-oil-y.

my skincare is largely budget -tried more expensive but these are my faves and they work!

not all everyday -

body shop vitamin E day and night creams
Body shop vitamin e toner spray
Superdrug naturally radiant glycolic acid toner
Boots No7 eye cream
Garner hemp sleep serum (new addition, bloody brilliant)
PAI rose hip oil

My cleansers I switch up I use a normal creamy face wash in the mornings then double cleanse at night. faves include body shop vitamin E creamy cleanser, body shop camomile butter, CERAVE SA cleanser. Sometimes I just use coconut oil if I’m out of oily cleanser! I’d like to find a packaging free face wash bar.

I use SPF 35 in the autumn/ winter and 50 in the spring/ summer.

Sorry double post - since lockdown I’ve only been double cleansing if I’ve worn makeup/a lot of SPF, or been out and about and feel a bit grimy. On WFH days a basic single cleanse with a creamy face wash is more than sufficient.

Maybe your skin is irritated and that’s why a simple cleanser stings 🙃🙃

I recently started spironolactone cut out all acids and my skin is glowing
Who in their right mind uses glycolic (or any acid) and retinol together - idiot. They get what they deserve.

I’ve read that it’s the niacinamide in the hydrating cleanser that stings a lot of people. It occasionally stings me if my skin is acting up, so I use TTDO balm on those days instead.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.