Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Must admit though, despite the massive disparity in followers, I dislike them both equally.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Same here. And I used to really like them! But they've both changed so much....

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m so confused by these boxes... this box is titled ‘acids’.. yet it includes a cleanser, mist and moisturiser. The only acid products are 6 DDG pads (3 of each strength). That’s hardly a targeted acid box to me.

Also includes no SPF but a 20% off voucher for Ultrasun... big woop

Not sure if I’m missing the point?
The only point is for the self designated queen of skincare to make money...

• Sick
Reactions: 3
Really??? I was sure Sali's was in the 20k at some point?
That is embarrassingly low.
Hirons really is like the juggernaut of beauty. Final blow must've been when she was invited to Victoria Beckham's launch and Sali wasn't couldn't make it.

ETA Just checked IG numbers - Sali 177k, Hirons 680k.
That is a whopping difference.
Sali has upped her IG game in the last year-ish though, I presume in an attempt to increase her followers since she relies more on shilling now than writing. It's still v amateurish and you can tell she doesn't really know what she's doing, but has probably been given some guidelines by her management company (post more consistently, more selfies and more reels/IGTV to play the algorithm to her advantage). I do wonder if she has seen how lucrative it's been for Caroline specifically, and that's influenced her decision to belatedly take herself in that direction too.

Reactions: 10
I'm sure Sali coming out and balling about trollz damaged her too, it was at that point that I found tattle and came to have a look around and lurked for ages. Haven't really been interested in her since because what I found here turned me right off her. They way she treated Dawn O'Porter really appalled me to be frank, to give Caroline her dues she has never mentioned Tattle and prefers to ignore her thread. When influencers start crying about this place I get so so fucked off. If I remember rightly there was tit about Sali on Mumsnet yonks ago too and she had a complete melt about it. She's a yappy wee witch.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Morning @BlondeAlto.

I have bleached hair which I also blow dry and straighten everyday for work and Olaplex seems to keep it from being totally ruined.

There’s a line of products ; a pre wash , shampoo and conditioner, a new overnight masque and a bonding oil , I highly recommend all of them .

I buy from Cult Beauty, I also alternate with other shampoo/conditioner so my hair doesn’t get totally used to Olaplex.
I’m going to go shopping.....

Reactions: 2
I'm sure Sali coming out and balling about trollz damaged her too, it was at that point that I found tattle and came to have a look around and lurked for ages. Haven't really been interested in her since because what I found here turned me right off her. They way she treated Dawn O'Porter really appalled me to be frank, to give Caroline her dues she has never mentioned Tattle and prefers to ignore her thread. When influencers start crying about this place I get so so fucked off. If I remember rightly there was tit about Sali on Mumsnet yonks ago too and she had a complete melt about it. She's a yappy wee witch.
I think you are right. Sali moaning about here puzzled a lot of people. The way she described it came across as almost dangerous and life threatening to her family, instead of being a handful of former fans questioning her ethics and denial of botox use. And her column getting worse.
Tbf to Caroline she has probably realised the downside of shilling and grifting is a vocal minority questioning it. She can squash dissent everywhere apart from here and wisely has chosen to let sleeping dogs lie.

Reactions: 15
Swear she promoted the Superdrug kit around December time? And Aesop spot treatment.
Also I’m sure she recommended LUSH ultrabland cleanser as a good inexpensive option for an oil-cleanser?

TBH I kind of agree about other LUSH skincare- too many essential oils and boring pharmacy cleansers or ones formulated without essential oils seem to work the best all round.

I love a good bath and so wish I could enjoy Lush products but even walking past their stores gives me such a headache 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I love a good bath and so wish I could enjoy Lush products but even walking past their stores gives me such a headache 😅
I hate Lush and those bath bombs make me wince. Especially the glittery ones. Must be a nightmare to clean and surely can't be good for skin to be sitting in a glittery mess.

The best bath product ever is Radox Bath Salts

Reactions: 6
Also I’m sure she recommended LUSH ultrabland cleanser as a good inexpensive option for an oil-cleanser?

TBH I kind of agree about other LUSH skincare- too many essential oils and boring pharmacy cleansers or ones formulated without essential oils seem to work the best all round.
She definitely recommended ultrabland back in the day, I can clearly remember her showing it and banging on about it. This was obviously before she decided she needed to be paid for every brand mention, and perhaps Lush didn’t cough up 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
She definitely recommended ultrabland back in the day, I can clearly remember her showing it and banging on about it. This was obviously before she decided she needed to be paid for every brand mention, and perhaps Lush didn’t cough up 🤷🏼‍♀️
Yup she did as I remember buying it after seeing it referenced on a cheat sheet! It broke me out alas

Reactions: 1
I'm sure she mentioned lush back in the day, she told a story of how they made Diana a moisturiser. I didn't know that until Caroline told me and I remember stuff like that.

Reactions: 2
I'm sure she mentioned lush back in the day, she told a story of how they made Diana a moisturiser. I didn't know that until Caroline told me and I remember stuff like that.
I know Lush have been controversial recently as they have been donating to anti trans charities might one of the reason and also not paying her to rave about them. But she promoted Superdrug and Aesop the past 12 months! Her fans are going to realise she’s full of tit!

I hate Lush and those bath bombs make me wince. Especially the glittery ones. Must be a nightmare to clean and surely can't be good for skin to be sitting in a glittery mess.

The best bath product ever is Radox Bath Salts
Lush did an amazing shower gel some 20 years ago - Skinny Dip. I still miss it. Other than that - they're overrated and THAT SMELL.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.