Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess it's all subjective but I honestly don't think she looks great. The over processed yellow straw hair, overfilled cheeks, awful dress sense. She was so much more attractive before IMO

And I'm not trying to have a pop at her for ageing. If anything she is proof that trying to age backwards just doesn't work. The East 17 dress sense looks ridiculous on a woman in her 50s, as does the yellow hair.
That’s why she gets angry with comments that tell her she looked better before, or they liked her with her hair darker, or whatever. I think now she’s started down that route she’s too far down it to stop so she can’t handle it when people tell her the truth.

Reactions: 11
Why has she been pushing these? Is she curating them, jeeze has she not made enough money off the poor freaks? So.many.questions.
She said in the comments that a spring kit is also coming! Someone said they ruined their skin barrier from acids and would this acid box be suitable to reintroduce - CH said yes. Because of course 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
That’s why she gets angry with comments that tell her she looked better before, or they liked her with her hair darker, or whatever. I think now she’s started down that route she’s too far down it to stop so she can’t handle it when people tell her the truth.
Yes you are probably right. She equates 'looking better before' with 'when I was younger', so she is blaming the aging rather than the unflattering anti-aging measures she has taken.

Reactions: 13
Exactly. There's a myth that getting older equates to not looking good but that's nonsense. I watched a film with Jodie Foster tonight and she looks fantastic and clearly hasn't had botox. She also had grey hair and it really suited her. I know she's a Hollywood star but we all know loads of women who look great at all ages.

Caroline pushes the narrative that beauty only belongs to the young ("women in your 20s, you still have your tits") and the only way to fix this is with procedures. This is so confusing to me as it is the opposite of a positive message yet she's held up as some kind of champion of women? Getting older is not a disease.

I'm all for looking after myself and my skin and stuff but a lot of influencers are pushing the message that ageing is something to be fixed. It's not. She would look great without the over excessive cheek fillers and the over processed bleached hair.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Exactly. There's a myth that getting older equates to not looking good but that's nonsense. I watched a film with Jodie Foster tonight and she looks fantastic and clearly hasn't had botox. She also had grey hair and it really suited her. I know she's a Hollywood star but we all know loads of women who look great at all ages.

Caroline pushes the narrative that beauty only belongs to the young ("women in your 20s, you still have your tits") and the only way to fix this is with procedures. This is so confusing to me as it is the opposite of a positive message yet she's held up as some kind of champion of women? Getting older is not a disease.

I'm all for looking after myself and my skin and stuff but a lot of influencers are pushing the message that ageing is something to be fixed. It's not. She would look great without the over excessive cheek fillers and the over processed bleached hair.
This is why she makes no sense to me.

Pushes the importance of a skin care routine, pushes the important of SPF, both of which I agree with, I've worn spf everyday since I was about 25.

However your skincare routine has to work for your skin and to me, that's what makes it a good one. My morning one is simple, as is my evening one but when I posted it on the freaks page (years ago) they all piled in because I didn't have enough acids etc) my skin looked better than half of those commenting and I have a skin condition too!!

Anyway, she bangs on about and pushes and sells all these skin products, puts them together in kits and sells them too depending on skin type etc.

Yet, she still runs with the theme creams wont solve your problems, you need botox

Why you pushing creams and acids that can cost in excess of 80 to £100 if Botox is the only answer?!?!

Spf, drink plenty of water and a good cleanser and moisturiser is what you need but I'm guessing that doesn't earn enough for her.

Funnily enough, I have a prescribed skin care because of my condition and there are periods of the year where I'm not to wear SPF and one of the freaks said my dermatologist was a fake and to contact Caroline as no dermatologist worth their salt would advise no spf. She even asked for her credentials as she knows most dermatologists 🤣🤣 anyway after about 5 posts of her telling me I was wrong and the dermatologist was wrong, she admitted that she didn't think about medical reasons as to why I couldn't have the spf all year round but still insisted I put it on anyway 🤨

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I should have shares in Olaplex, it is outstanding and worth all the money.
Please tell me about Olaplex - I’ve just heard of it! I have long highlighted hair that tends to be dry. I can’t tell what’s best to try?

Caroline wasn't always like this, she was passionate about skincare. Maybe she just hid all her opinions until she was big enough not to be challenged on them, not sure anymore. She has definite hangups around women/herself aging and unfortunately projects those. I'm all for people doing whatever they want with their bodies/face/hair but her language is a little toxic.
So true. Well said 👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 2
Morning @BlondeAlto.

I have bleached hair which I also blow dry and straighten everyday for work and Olaplex seems to keep it from being totally ruined.

There’s a line of products ; a pre wash , shampoo and conditioner, a new overnight masque and a bonding oil , I highly recommend all of them .

I buy from Cult Beauty, I also alternate with other shampoo/conditioner so my hair doesn’t get totally used to Olaplex.

Reactions: 8
She's going to show what is in those boxes literally 1 HOUR before the launch in a live....🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Its always the same, mystery and big hype. If she had told people weeks ago this was launching and what was included there wouldn't be a frenzy of anything, this doesn't allow people time to make a considerate purchase.
She has this down to a fine art now and more fool the people who part with their cash, but really they are victims and not fools.

In my opinion Caroline Hirons should be investigated for how she conducts herself online, I know there are regulations in place already and she vaguely adheres to them. But she is a glorified sales woman who has extreme influence over 88k people in a private group, who fight over buying anything she puts her name to. She is obviously being paid to work with brands and apart from friendships being mentioned it really isn't made clear enough.
Those 88k members are not receiving advice from her they are being sold to and I stand by my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.