Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ach now, I barely look at the freaks but just checked a notification about a post, clicked, someone has posted a close up of their friends scar. I thought it was an anus, that aside, why the need to post something like this. I'm not squeamish, I'm sure she got good advice but surely you'd ask a gp, pharmacist, derm.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Is she for real? Pay for your treatments? After the last lockdown she went at midnight the moment she could and was all #gifted 🙄
I love this #payforyourtreatments shite.
Is she so removed from reality and stuck in her influencer bubble she doesn't realise 99.9% of the population actually bleeping have to?
It isn't optional.
She should save the pay for it stuff for her private WhatsApp group with freeloading buddies like Sali Hughes.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yeah, newsflash Caroline, we all pay!
We even pay for those products you tell us are brilliant and then push off a cliff. No fairies turn up with a magic PR box for us.

Reactions: 27
She said in stories yesterday she was addressing influencers taking the freebies.

Josh Wood must have some smooth down product. But yes, Caroline isn’t blessed with that silky type of hair, it’s screwed up on top of her head so much because it’s wild (I recognise) and the bleaching won’t have helped. I have product for smoothing tho.

Reactions: 6
"crispy" is the word I think of her hair. Like it would feel crispy and looks crispy. With a bit of crunch.

She ain't selling that hairdressers well whatever her hair is.

also, "embrace the greys? my ar*e"

i mean why does she always have to present something in that way? Plenty of people embrace the grey, that's fine, plenty of people don't. You don't need to talk about it. It's pretty visual when you're a person of a certain age and have no greys to see where you stand on the issue.

She said in stories yesterday she was addressing influencers taking the freebies.
But the vast majority of her followers aren't influencers right? It's weird to be bossing people about telling them to do something they already do (pay for stuff).

Reactions: 16
I guess she thinks she has influence with the influencers. I don’t know, I’m never sure who she’s shouting at tbh. Or yes, more likely making sure we all know she’s doing it and can affford to.

The disgust at grey hair needs some chill. Some women do embrace it, some will be thinking about embracing it (after prolonged absence from the hairdresser), some have no choice - what are we/ they to make of her gurning away like that at the very idea of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
also, "embrace the greys? my ar*e"

i mean why does she always have to present something in that way? Plenty of people embrace the grey, that's fine, plenty of people don't. You don't need to talk about it. It's pretty visual when you're a person of a certain age and have no greys to see where you stand on the issue.
She seems deeply unhappy with the fact that she is over 50 and entirely focused on looking a certain way.

Reactions: 15
Caroline wasn't always like this, she was passionate about skincare. Maybe she just hid all her opinions until she was big enough not to be challenged on them, not sure anymore. She has definite hangups around women/herself aging and unfortunately projects those. I'm all for people doing whatever they want with their bodies/face/hair but her language is a little toxic.

Reactions: 27
Caroline wasn't always like this, she was passionate about skincare. Maybe she just hid all her opinions until she was big enough not to be challenged on them, not sure anymore. She has definite hangups around women/herself aging and unfortunately projects those. I'm all for people doing whatever they want with their bodies/face/hair but her language is a little toxic.
I’m a believer in you can do whatever you want, it’s your face, your body, etc. But what Hirons does is says “you do you”, but she doesn’t mean it. She goes on to shout her very strong opinions which make you feel terrible about the choices you have made for yourself. Whether it’s ageing naturally, going through the menopause and perhaps not being able to take HRT, or, as in this case, going grey. If, whatever the issue at hand is, your path differs from hers, she will make you feel unworthy - should you care to listen to her.

Reactions: 15
She does seem unhappy , you’re right.
Yep she seems super insecure. I’m 38 and have been stressing about turning 40. In my head I still feel 24! My mum is mid 50’s and I know when she turned 50 she had a bit of a wobble about getting older. Maybe Caroline is the same and is projecting all her insecurities into her followers.

Reactions: 10
Yep she seems super insecure. I’m 38 and have been stressing about turning 40. In my head I still feel 24! My mum is mid 50’s and I know when she turned 50 she had a bit of a wobble about getting older. Maybe Caroline is the same and is projecting all her insecurities into her followers.
I’m 52, of course there are aspects about ageing that cause me a little stress , being more susceptible to serious illness being the main one.

It is what it is and it’s up to the individual to embrace it , what’s that cliche? Ageing is a privilege.

Maybe her job of being on social media with lots of younger , more bubbly , less angry women doing the same thing has caused her insecurity ?

Ageing is a privilege used to be a great saying of hers, back in the day of course, not this shiny new, perma tanned, stuffed and plucked version.
Don't get me wrong she looks great, she's had one hell of a glow up and had the works done but I don't think its made her happy. The opposite maybe.

Reactions: 11
I guess it's all subjective but I honestly don't think she looks great. The over processed yellow straw hair, overfilled cheeks, awful dress sense. She was so much more attractive before IMO

And I'm not trying to have a pop at her for ageing. If anything she is proof that trying to age backwards just doesn't work. The East 17 dress sense looks ridiculous on a woman in her 50s, as does the yellow hair.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.