Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her cat excuses are poor. Yes he's a cat, yes it's natural, but it's skewed by all the other things us as humans are doing to screw over birds etc, let alone killing one in breeding season. I spend a lot of my job writing about to mitigate for increased cat presence following new housing developments so its not a "non issue" as she's making out. There's plenty she could do to try and reduce this. Throwing occasional money at the RSPB doesn't absolve her. Why can she never take advice in good grace?
I’m not a cat person, but I understand that cats do what they do. What I didn’t understand was why she found it necessary to post a picture the poor bird on her Instagram stories. It was in poor taste, and I found it unnecessary and odd.

Then to complain when people messaged her about it. Sorry, but you invited a negative response by posting that picture. Suck it up, and your excuses are pathetic.

Reactions: 17
Let me preface this by saying I absolutely despise Goop, Gwyneth and any and all pseudoscience. But she literally seems unhinged in those stories from yesterday. Surely the people following Caroline and respected derms already KNOW that Gwyneth is full of it? Just seems like they're all screaming into the void.

Reactions: 13
Exactly, it's all performative nonsense. Caroline's brand as a skincare activist is to get furious over anything to do with skincare

Reactions: 11
Her ranting today has really peeved me off. She's shouting at the screen like a rubbish teacher telling off rowdy children. Nobody has to listen to that, and dermatologists certainly don't have to come at her beck and call. Ironic she's telling them to 'do their job' when their job isn't shouting at people on social media.

Is it rubbish that people spout nonsense and it gets published? Of course, but Jesus Christ get a grip, woman. She thinks she's so important that everyone should just drop and do exactly what she wants. Remarkable.

Reactions: 14
What happened with the cat?
Monty killed a bird and she posted a picture of said bird. I'm a cat owner, I've spoken to conservationists and wildlife rescue people, I'm always given the same answer. Nature. Its awful, from may to September mine are beasts, unfortunately many birds nest in the same place yearly, possibly even having two or more broods and cats are not stupid. I have only ever managed to successfully rescue one. Its tit, I feel huge amounts of guilt. I use collars with bells and keep them in at night but they still manage it.

Her ranting today has really peeved me off. She's shouting at the screen like a rubbish teacher telling off rowdy children. Nobody has to listen to that, and dermatologists certainly don't have to come at her beck and call. Ironic she's telling them to 'do their job' when their job isn't shouting at people on social media.

Is it rubbish that people spout nonsense and it gets published? Of course, but Jesus Christ get a grip, woman. She thinks she's so important that everyone should just drop and do exactly what she wants. Remarkable.
Yes. Like dermatologists might have slightly more important things to do, such as preparing for clinics and seeing actual patients 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not sitting on social media. I don’t know who was messaging her, but they can’t be busy dermatologists.

Yes. Like dermatologists might have slightly more important things to do, such as preparing for clinics and seeing actual patients 🤷🏼‍♀️ Not sitting on social media. I don’t know who was messaging her, but they can’t be busy dermatologists.
It shows how narrow her field of vision is. She sees what she does and nothing beyond it. Because she spends so much of her time surrounded by social media, she sees it as this pinnacle of information and a badge of her worth. She'd say that's rubbish of course.

Whereas derms are generally dealing with scientific research and papers and doing the work at a completely different level. Even people like labmuffin post links to science to back up what they're saying. She just attitudes her way past all of that, and would claim anyone that dare question her is calling her aggressive.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her stories have derms speaking out. Maybe I picked it up wrong, but one had been at a skin cancer screening clinic yesterday. What Gwyneth said was silly but she wasn't giving advice she was just talking about her routine, did she actually say not to wear sunscreen, did she not just point out how she wears it. I don't think her "message" if that's what it was is going to have much of a reach.
I think the UK and Ireland are in fairly new territory when it comes to spf but the rest of the world are not, anyone been to Oz?

Reactions: 2
Her stories have derms speaking out. Maybe I picked it up wrong, but one had been at a skin cancer screening clinic yesterday. What Gwyneth said was silly but she wasn't giving advice she was just talking about her routine, did she actually say not to wear sunscreen, did she not just point out how she wears it. I don't think her "message" if that's what it was is going to have much of a reach.
I think the UK and Ireland are in fairly new territory when it comes to spf but the rest of the world are not, anyone been to Oz?
Yep! Australian here. We have so much government advertising about skin cancer and it’s risks. Eg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yep! Australian here. We have so much government advertising about skin cancer and it’s risks. Eg
Cool! I have family over there, big tubs of spf at the back door and its reapplied frequently. When I first visited my family were horrified at how lax we are.

Reactions: 1
Isn't it amazing how these influencers always get loads of DMs? Sali Hughes does the same, "I got loads of DMs asking about where I got my blouse". Amazing that people send loads of DMs and don't reply *on a public platform*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Here you go, she was raging with the doctors 😂
When someone's stories look like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Without fail, they are always off their rocker. I don't think I've ever seen a single exception.

It's a beautiful day, step away from instagram and get some fresh air.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.