Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't listen to these shouty videos. I thought it was accepted that Gwyneth was off her head. I'm not sure why she doesn't round up her derm friends and fight back against this BS properly.

Reactions: 6
I'm pretty sure I remember a vlog CH did in America where she was losing her life about buying Goop products! The angry flip flopping is strange. The average person, knows Gwen is a fruit loop but a savvy one who has tapped into a pretty lucrative market. Stop raging at her and just put out the correct info for people to follow!

Reactions: 9
What did Gwyneth say? That spf is nonsense or something?
She said she only applies sunscreen on highlighted areas that catch the sun like little bit of your cheek and nose. Not sure what the other stuff she has come out with. I get Hirons is angry and calling out other derms to say say something. However who would listen a woman who made a candle called ‘this smells like my vagina’?

Reactions: 14
& now all the kiss arses are speaking up to get her approval.
I finally unfollowed after the shouting. It was so OTT. Everyone knows you put SPF all over. People will dismiss us as gwynth being a fruit loop. & I don’t think impressionable youth are vogues demographic.

Reactions: 11
She legit looks for any reason to huff and puff.

She has a serious rage issue.

Reactions: 11
She said she only applies sunscreen on highlighted areas that catch the sun like little bit of your cheek and nose. Not sure what the other stuff she has come out with. I get Hirons is angry and calling out other derms to say say something. However who would listen a woman who made a candle called ‘this smells like my vagina’?
If you fixate on Gwyneth Paltrow, who is unqualified for anything but acting, for health advice when there's a wealth of actual doctors and qualified dermatologists, I'm not sure society should protect you from yourself at this point. It's like consulting a barista about your teeth instead of a dentist. Caroline only started recommending sunscreen herself recently, anyway. She's been one to bang on about seeking a tan herself in the past, which is basically the number one thing to do if you want to age your skin.

Reactions: 16
I was wondering if she hadn’t taken the hormones she is always going on about. Apparently that’s what passion and rage look like. I thought she needed to be sedated

• Haha
The whole thing was so bizarre. I get Caroline saying that the advice was wrong, but I find it really odd that she's yelling at derms to make statements. They're not spokespeople or politicians, they don't HAVE to speak out everyone someone gives incorrect skincare advice. So, so odd, I don't understand how she gets any respect in the industry at all.

Reactions: 16
She’s not wrong but the delivery isn’t professional. It must be dispiriting, to get the DMs of support, but no one else put it out in public. That would annoy me as well.

Reactions: 5
Her cat excuses are poor. Yes he's a cat, yes it's natural, but it's skewed by all the other things us as humans are doing to screw over birds etc, let alone killing one in breeding season. I spend a lot of my job writing about to mitigate for increased cat presence following new housing developments so its not a "non issue" as she's making out. There's plenty she could do to try and reduce this. Throwing occasional money at the RSPB doesn't absolve her. Why can she never take advice in good grace?

Hirons herself claimed a couple of years ago she got her SPF from make-up (she said she didn't need proper SPF because she tans easily and has Native American heritage....). She's changed her opinion which is fair enough, but still...WHY SO AGGRESSIVE ALL THE BLOODY TIME?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Gwyneth was just showing her routine so I didn't take it as she was preaching to people how to apply sun cream. CH needs to calm down it's like she thinks she is the font of all knowledge and it's her way or the highway. I wonder what people in the industry really think about her.
Also G looks good and natural for her age I don't think she has gone down the filler and plumped route yet.

The ranting made her sound like a privileged, deranged idiot.

Heck. At least Gwyneth was telling people to put sunscreen on.

There are plenty of folk walking around with no sunscreen on, and going for ALL the sunbeds. Go after them. Or not? Live and let live would be a better decision.

The ultimate white privilege is a white woman getting an aneurysm over how someone applies their sunscreen. Seriously, she needs to grow up.

Reactions: 10
Gwyneth was just showing her routine so I didn't take it as she was preaching to people how to apply sun cream. CH needs to calm down it's like she thinks she is the font of all knowledge and it's her way or the highway. I wonder what people in the industry really think about her.
Also G looks good and natural for her age I don't think she has gone down the filler and plumped route yet.
Yeah she looks good - and she's only 2 or 3 years younger than CH, isn't she?
(I find GP wacky as well - still no need for CH to get so angry)

I don't think I've seen her so angry 😳

I completely agree with her message and understand her frustration. People in the industry do need to call out crappy advice and it's cowardly just sending her a message rather than calling it out publically. I wonder is Estee Laundry has picked it up yet.
Just calm down... she behaves like she's the big savior.. BTW dermatologists are working on real skin issues with real meds n curing real ailments..don't have time like you to rant... on cue...make your "influencer"gang do that

Only post I've seen in the group about the Spack NK wishlist was someone saying "go go go".

I've just seen a post where someone was trying to do seven skins with Pixi Retinol toner 🤦‍♀️
What does 7 skins mean... I've not heard of this

Reactions: 3
Caroline getting her knickers in a knot over this is hilarious. I highly doubt there is going to be an army of women copying Gwyneth, women can think for themselves and not all women are like the freaks who lap up an influencers every word

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has Gwyneth not had work? I see fillers, subtle as they are. Anyway, Caroline actually left me feeling a little unsettled, I know she's passionate but I'm sure this could have been delivered much better and had the same impact. Why not just reach out to Vogue and Paltrow and educate them rather than a public takedown. It's times like this that I think Hirons needs a break from the Internet, all this playing to the gallery screams of something happening under the surface.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.