Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yikes. Reminds me of a thread on here ages ago when someone was asking advice about shaving their tiny baby's eyebrows as they met in the middle. Seriously. I bleeping despair sometimes.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
There's someone just posted a photo of her skincare stash and while she does admit she know she has a problem ....it's obscene and definitely borderline compulsive. Theres no way someone needs that much and no way of knowing which products are actually worthwhile

• Sad
Reactions: 12
There's someone just posted a photo of her skincare stash and while she does admit she know she has a problem ....it's obscene and definitely borderline compulsive. Theres no way someone needs that much and no way of knowing which products are actually worthwhile
This is exactly why I came here! There must be thousands of pounds worth of product in that picture, all slowly passing their use by dates. Then she said she's bought a kit. Madness!

• Sad
Reactions: 6
With the exception of cleansers you should really use a product for 6 weeks (less if it's causing obvious issues of course) as it can take this long to highlight any reactions. Surely all these people are causing themselves skin issues, not knowing which product it relates to, switching to something new and round and round they go.

On the last kit launch I watched an IG post by I think one of the freaks. CH had reposted it to her stories. OMG this woman was doing an unboxing and throwing every single product on her face. Who does this?! It's so foolish. And should be against what any good skin "expert" would recommend but CH shared anyway.

Reactions: 4
I'm glad that some experts are speaking up against double cleansing. I use an eye makeup remover because it lifts off mascara much quicker but on my face I only cleanse once. Unless you're wearing stage makeup every day, who needs to do a double cleanse?

Reactions: 9
Can we please stop giving clinical diagnoses to people we have never met? OCD is a serious mental disorder.
I agree it is a lot of skincare (read: too much imo) but this judgement goes too far..

Reactions: 9
Can we please stop giving clinical diagnoses to people we have never met? OCD is a serious mental disorder.
I agree it is a lot of skincare (read: too much imo) but this judgement goes too far..
I agree we shouldn’t diagnose but Cariad didn’t, compulsive behaviour doesn’t imply OCD necessarily... it does imply a problem, but the lady who posted on Facebook admitted that much

Reactions: 14
I'm glad that some experts are speaking up against double cleansing. I use an eye makeup remover because it lifts off mascara much quicker but on my face I only cleanse once. Unless you're wearing stage makeup every day, who needs to do a double cleanse?
I'm glad too. So over double cleansing. Since Ive been using Sam Bunting's cleanser, I only need one good cleanse at night (which she advises involves spending a full minute massaging cleanser over the skin) and despite my misgivings initially (as an avid double cleanser previously) it really works!. Even on long wear make up, sunscreen etc. I do a quick cleanse in the morning but that's just habit rather than necessity. My skin is definitely calmer because of it. CH says Sam Bunting's cleanser strips her skin which is strange for someone who can sizzle her face with the skincare equivalent of battery acid daily.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The amount of posts on the Freaks FB page these days about children who don’t have control over what is being posted has disturbed me somewhat.

There was a post the other day from the mother of a child who had injuries from self harm asking for advice on how to reduce scarring, with pictures of the child (not directly identifiable but indirectly could be). Now, call me cynical but if she really wanted advice she could have been more general as to the origin of the injuries, and there was no need for photos or stating the age and sex of the child.

On an entirely unrelated note, I must be the only person on the universe who wasn’t wowed by Trinny’s BFF cream! I much prefer the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue, although I do love the Trinny Eyeshadows; they’re creamy and have good longevity.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I live in the desert so have to wear a lot of SPF every day and find it will only totally come off with an oil cleanse then I use another cleanser afterwards to make sure there's no film left on my face. Otherwise I wouldn't bother double cleansing, it's a bit of a faff.

On an entirely unrelated note, I must be the only person on the universe who wasn’t wowed by Trinny’s BFF cream! I much prefer the BareMinerals Complexion Rescue, although I do love the Trinny Eyeshadows; they’re creamy and have good longevity.
Yeah I've used it for a while and I do like it but it's just okay - definitely not groundbreaking. I've heard the destress one is quite good!

I'm glad too. So over double cleansing. Since Ive been using Sam Bunting's cleanser, I only need one good cleanse at night (which she advises involves spending a full minute massaging cleanser over the skin) and despite my misgivings initially (as an avid double cleanser previously) it really works!. Even on long wear make up, sunscreen etc. I do a quick cleanse in the morning but that's just habit rather than necessity. My skin is definitely calmer because of it. CH says Sam Bunting's cleanser strips her skin which is strange for someone who can sizzle her face with the skincare equivalent of battery acid daily.
How can CH be sure that it's the cleanser when she has a room stuffed full of products?

The photos of children annoy me. I can’t imagine anything worse than my mum saying “just stand there for a second while I wake a picture of your skin to show everyone” 🙄

Also, has anyone else noticed the frequent selfies from people who are asking for advice about what to do after crying for hours? Seems a bit strange to me. I don’t tell anyone when I have a cry but maybe I’m just cold and horrible 🤔

Reactions: 16
Quite; sounds like an excuse for a dig.
Especially as Dr Sam recommends the opposite to Caroline's business model of using 50 million products

The photos of children annoy me. I can’t imagine anything worse than my mum saying “just stand there for a second while I wake a picture of your skin to show everyone” 🙄

Also, has anyone else noticed the frequent selfies from people who are asking for advice about what to do after crying for hours? Seems a bit strange to me. I don’t tell anyone when I have a cry but maybe I’m just cold and horrible 🤔
You're not cold and horrible. Why would one bring that up on a skincare group?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.