Caroline Hirons #8 Despite what the T&Cs say, the kits have ended up on eBay

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She seemed genuine in her apology but the cynic in me says she was worried about the possibility of this gathering steam and further damaging her brand after the kit shitstorm.

I’ve never done YouTube but there are talented women putting out good content according to fellow Tattlers so it seems Caroline just isn’t liked on that platform.

Reactions: 7
Maybe she should take some notice of those 'gay boys' she feels get all the viewers. Robert Welsh does reaction videos and never, ever slags anyone off. He doesn't even really slag off make up application either just gives what he thinks is a better alternative and why. He's always quick to stamp out any of that behaviour in comments too and does it beautifully. His twin James is the same but there seems to be less to challenge. Skincare YouTube seems a less toxic place than the make up community!

Reactions: 12
I think she’s going to have to be very careful now that she’s decided to ditch YouTube for IG Lives. At least with YouTube she can control what she says, edit out the parts that she said but knows she probably shouldn’t have. The IG lives are raw, she will say what she thinks without being able to take it back. I’m surprised she’s taking this approach after all of the kit backlash as surely now it’s even more important to watch what she says when addressing a huge audience. I’m glad she’s apologised though.

Reactions: 7
I'm struggling to read this 'step away' as anything other than a big sulk/cba really, no matter how much of a PR spin is put on it

Reactions: 17
I think she’s going to start a war here. Whether she cares or not, I don’t know. I’ve always believed her when she says she’s not that fragile. But if this is brand damaging that’s something else.

I think she’d be putting herself in a place of real risk to be so vociferous about qualifiacations if it were so easy to do a bit of a dive and find she isn qualified. Why would she do that?

It’s a good article. Saying the white gay boy content ticks diversity boxes is asking for a row though. Perhaps she’s happy to have it.

Reactions: 4
Thanks for posting the article! Very interesting. Overall, I don't think she can be arsed with YouTube anymore and that's why she's ditched it. I understand that because it takes a lot of time to do properly and if her heart isn't in it, why bother? She's obviously got other things she wants to focus on.

A bit unnecessary for her to say the beauty industry is supporting "young men who are white and gay" - there's space for both them and her. Their success isn't at her expense. She doesn't say any names but I think we can guess who this is about. Why does she always have to bring other people into things? She's done very well for herself and built up a huge following over the years, and it tends to be women over 30 (I'm guessing), so there's clearly an audience for her!

On the qualifications stuff - I get that this is frustrating but again, I feel like she's actively seeking out things to get angry about. Yes Caroline, you've done your training. But let people decide for themselves. If she's talking about the "gurus" on TikToc... well, I don't think they're harming anyone and it's a very different audience to hers.

Had to laugh when she said the comments can be a cesspit of "women attacking other women" - she's got a record of throwing barbs at younger women and the "women in your 20s still have their tits" comment was literally a few days ago! Maybe take a look at your own Freaks group and how some women are spoken to there, too.

Reactions: 22
I think going down the "forced off YouTube by men who are young, white and gay" is a real PR blunder. I can (kind of) understand her being frustrated with YT being 'flooded' with non-experts... but just leave it there? She clearly couldn't resist trying to take a jab and let people know/take an educated guess at who she's talking about.

Reactions: 16
I think Caroline's approach of straight talking, no nonsense, tell it like it is is now out of date- people have so much choice now and don't want to be treated like a bold school kid for asking a skincare question

She's also your typical bully- can dish it out but can't take out. How many people and brands has she shat on over the years? Not playing nice is now coming back to bite her in the ass

And on top of that, her skincare approach of having multiple cleansers on rotation and layering 7 different products or whatever is old hat.

It seems to me like the trend- outside of her FB group- is for people to have a small rotation of tried and tested products. For environmental and financial reasons it just isn't logical for most people to have 8 cleansers and 9 different types of acids on top of all the other stuff

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I didn't hear her rant but I suspect the reason is that You Tube is so much more time consuming and she can make just as much money with her other ventures. She can come on IG unprepared and check her mike and her setup before she says "hi" to all her friends who've logged in. IG rates are pretty good, I've heard. Then being Caroline, why not throw a few barbs at others while she is at it.

Reactions: 8
There's someone looking for a cleanser, moisturizer and mist for her 9 year old on the freaks group. Surely that's too young?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Given how thin her skin is (even if she sees herself as a thick skinned strong woman 🙄) I suspect her reasons for leaving youtube are more to do with not being able to control the comments. She can be called out publicly and not be able to delete them. On ig it seems the comments don't save, so it doesn't matter what is said there. They are only seen momentarily on live and she sometimes deletes them before they show up to others and then when it's saved there's no comments visible (as far as I can male out) I imagine there would have been some kitshow comments on YouTube she didn't like and couldn't control who saw

Reactions: 6
Had to laugh when she said she had woken up to loads of DM's from other female content creators on YT supporting her comments:sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She definitely has a delay in the comments and reacts angrily to any negative feedback with a how very dare you! I'm somewhat surprised by this attitude, surely she has an understanding that its an inevitable part of the job. Any influencer will face the good with the bad but its the ones that can't deal with it who annoy me the most. I think the best way to deal with "hurtful" comments is to ignore. Now, criticism is very different and I think Caroline has got the two confused. I'm actually surprised this hasn't blown up more, her comments about gay white men in the beauty industry should really have gone viral. She mentioned Jeffree Star for goodness sake, he loves controversy, makes me wonder if she wanted the attention. But in saying that she alleges people have thanked her for her honesty and that this issue needed to be highlighted.
What issue? That there are gay white men in the beauty industry who have done well for themselves?
Are we meant to boycott them?
Are we only meant to follow Caroline Hirons the Queen and lap up her ever changing opinions and salute her mouthing off about whatever issue she has seen trending?

Reactions: 17
I'd say it's more likely that Jeffree Star has not got the slightest clue who Caroline Hiroms is
Absolutely and not one fiddlers does he care either.
I'd guess that if he reached out to collab she'd be on it like a rat up a drain pipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The lives are shambolic. It's just ranting, self proclamation, strange facial grimacing and chatting to her influential friends, with conspiratorial giggling at the 'in joke'. All lapped up by the weirder-by-the-day freaks. If you're looking for skincare advice, or even skincare chat, it's not there. I don't see how she can continue as the Most Influential Woman In Beauty if these lives are all she has. A new fan watching that tearful slightly hysterical rant will surely wonder what the hell's going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.