Caroline Hirons #7 complete kitshow

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get it either. It's like some kind of freaks badge of honour or something to say that they've to hide their purchases from their husband.

I don't think it's something to be proud of.

Reactions: 13
I don't understand why they all feel a need to hide it from their husband? If they can't afford it and the husband disapproves then they shouldn't have bought it. Otherwise, why do they care their husband sees it? Very odd.
Says a lot about their relationships, really....

Reactions: 8
Hiding things in a relationship isn't good or healthy my husband and I discuss purchases.

Reactions: 9
Hi, a little lurker here - this thread is tame compared to the others so I think it’s ok to post (I don’t typically like engaging in chat that talks bad about others, especially looks/weight etc. As you never know what’s going on in people’s lives) but, I believe this whole situation kit wise is beyond a joke.

I’ve been following CH for a while now and at first I was really getting into it - I’ve always LOVED skincare anyway, but I was introduced to her book and I read it all. However, one day I decided to search for her name on this site during the whole kitshow and it opened my eyes. I now see the group completely differently! The whole kitshow thing is absolutely shocking - to echo what others have said here, if that had happened with any other company, people would be straight on Twitter complaining and demanding partial refunds whatever, £200 is a lot of money and especially for those who temporarily lost out on £1000+ at no fault of their own. It’s a cult, a genuine cult - it’s terrifying.

There’s also some very nasty people on that group, they’re like a pack of lions on a poor gazelle whenever someone says something ‘wrong’ on that site. You can’t say anything. I once saw a post regarding cleansing routines and one reply was something along the lines of ‘not washing your face in the AM will not be tolerated in this group’ - I beg your pardon. Tolerated? These people are grown adults and if someone wishes to not wash their face in the AM then so be it!

Another thing that baffled me in the book was the part where CH said ‘I could legally give you Botox but I don’t want to’ (something along those lines), pardon? You cannot - A. you’re not a medical professional (?) and B. You don’t have a prescribers licence. ????? I wish I could post gifs because the faces I’m pulling as I’m writing this are indescribable.
I’m just shocked at the entire situation, I’ve got a monthly subscription for popcorn just for this site and the fb page alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The freaks group are something else today. One of them posting about jumping out at the DPD driver and causing him to slip and fall over in the snow! What?! Who would brag about that?! That’s horrible if it actually happened.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Crazy aren’t they. It’s like a cult.

Off topic but now I reaaaaaally want to buy the L’occitane shower oil. Well done enablers 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think the husband talk has just become a culture within the group, I don't expect its real at all.
I do wonder what Caroline makes of all that, she certainly didn't hide her Freebies purchases from her husband and she's always shouting about feminism innit. The entire sub culture is toxic but as long as cash keeps rolling in Caroline will ignore.

Reactions: 15
I agree, it's like some weird badge of honour in the group, all trying to get one up on everyone else

Reactions: 4
I think the husband talk has just become a culture within the group, I don't expect its real at all.
I do wonder what Caroline makes of all that, she certainly didn't hide her Freebies purchases from her husband and she's always shouting about feminism innit. The entire sub culture is toxic but as long as cash keeps rolling in Caroline will ignore.
She made a comment on the hiding purchases from the husband in I think last nights instagram live. She said she doesn't understand it and doesn't like those comments.

I've always hated those comments.

I also hate the pure arse kissing comments and the stupid stories of what these people will do for cheap skincare.

Oh te DPD man knocked when I was in the shower so I ran naked down the street chasing him to get my parcel and slipped on the ice and threw my back out 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She made a comment on the hiding purchases from the husband in I think last nights instagram live. She said she doesn't understand it and doesn't like those comments.

I've always hated those comments.

I also hate the pure arse kissing comments and the stupid stories of what these people will do for cheap skincare.

Oh te DPD man knocked when I was in the shower so I ran naked down the street chasing him to get my parcel and slipped on the ice and threw my back out 🙄
I don't believe that DPD nonsense. you know the hour they deliver plus you can track the van. if they were THAT bothered they wouldn't be in the shower they'd be waiting by the door! Dirty attention seeking freaks! (peter Kay reference)

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My kit arrived this morning, somewhere in the hour DPD had said it would. I exchanged quick pleasantries with the driver and he went on his way. My husband doesn't give a flying f what I purchase with my own hard earned money. There was zero drama. Clearly I don't belong in the freaks group 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Looks like someone has received a dodgy delikate in their kit and posted about it on the freak group. I tried to load the comments but it looks like the post has been deleted... 👀
8F1E3F0E-5AE2-4B66-9566-429CAA212A05.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I also hate the husband comments. It's pathetic. I'm glad Caroline called it out.

I'm also still laughing at the optimistic post about buying Caroline's book and TO products for a 70+ year old dad. Reminds me of when I enthusiastically bought my parents a Nintendo Wii even though they've never played a computer game in their life.

@PassionfruitSorbet did you get a bookmark included to say sorry for the delays? Or any apology note?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Glad Caroline called the husband comments and tbf she doesn't seem to really like the kiss assing hard comments such as these dpd fairy stories. I know we're in lockdown but if getting a package of skincare is the most excitement you have I really feel for you

I have muted the freaks... I can only stand so many "oh look I got a dispatch email" posts. Now for the posts about hoping hubby is out, and competition for the most over the top DPD greeting.
We’ve already had a DPD driver slipping in the snow because the freak was SO EXCITED to see if he had her kit

• Sad
Reactions: 5
When did she make the comments on the live, does anyone remember, I'd quite like to see them, but I've already sat through quite a lot of it.

Reactions: 2
I’m too poor to use the L’occitane Almond shower oil regularly but the Bioderma shower oil is a decent poor man’s choice. I bought the litre bottle for about £12 on sale. Nowhere near as luxurious as the almond oil but good for dry skin and shaving.
I’ve got the Bioderma shower oil on the go at the moment but it doesn’t lather up as nicely and as it’s fragrance free it just doesn’t have that luxury feeling. I like it when my skin is playing up though.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.