Caroline Hirons #32 Query the price, she’ll show you the door. “It’s not expensive, you’re just poor!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imho she’s missed the boat. Had she launched her skin care range 4 years ago, as we were entering the pandemic, she’d have cleaned up. She was at her peak then. I, and many others, were still in blissful ignorance of her true nature. I really enjoyed her Lives at the start of lockdown.
Hell, I’d have bought her entire range back then. 😳 She had a captive audience because we had to mostly buy online.
So much has happened in those 4 years and as I said, I think she’s missed the boat.
Absolutely. Also, peoples spending habits have changed and there's so many affordable products that actually work. If people are going to spend that much they want to be assured that the products are from a reputable brand. Despite Hirons skincare 'expert' dismissing Trinny as being only involved in fashion, Trinny is a recognisable name and brand (love her or loathe her). Hirons and skin rocks (especially) are not. Beyond the freaks, most people won't have a clue who she is

And yeah this is going to sound snobby but I'd imagine that someone who goes into Liberty with money to spend is not going to be attracted to her product range

Hirons got too greedy, simple as that. She could have done what Sali Hughes did and released a budget to mid level range in Superdrug. The freaks would have lapped that up and non freaks might be more likely to take a shot at an affordable range

Instead she foolishly went for the luxury market

Reactions: 27
Imho she’s missed the boat. Had she launched her skin care range 4 years ago, as we were entering the pandemic, she’d have cleaned up. She was at her peak then. I, and many others, were still in blissful ignorance of her true nature. I really enjoyed her Lives at the start of lockdown.
Hell, I’d have bought her entire range back then. 😳 She had a captive audience because we had to mostly buy online.
So much has happened in those 4 years and as I said, I think she’s missed the boat.
I echo this. I lapped up her lockdown lives and bought the early kits every time.

I was also unaware of her true nature and was a full on freak but thankfully I started to see the light and her hypocrisy especially with the price range of SR vS her advice and her aggressiveness becoming more apparent then I came here and saw many saying the same things. She definitely has missed the mark on SR in so many ways, she got too greedy.

Reactions: 10
Absolutely. Also, peoples spending habits have changed and there's so many affordable products that actually work. If people are going to spend that much they want to be assured that the products are from a reputable brand. Despite Hirons skincare 'expert' dismissing Trinny as being only involved in fashion, Trinny is a recognisable name and brand (love her or loathe her). Hirons and skin rocks (especially) are not. Beyond the freaks, most people won't have a clue who she is

And yeah this is going to sound snobby but I'd imagine that someone who goes into Liberty with money to spend is not going to be attracted to her product range

Hirons got too greedy, simple as that. She could have done what Sali Hughes did and released a budget to mid level range in Superdrug. The freaks would have lapped that up and non freaks might be more likely to take a shot at an affordable range

You're right, Liberty is not the right place for her. Selfridges yes, far more 'celeb' social media driven environment, with a huge and diverse beauty department. Liberty is niche, prides itself on its' individuality, and doesn't need to try any harder than it already does. Loyal customers won't appreciate the calamity she loves to have around her.

God knows what the other brand staff are thinking, trying to sell their products with that gobby nonsense around them.

Reactions: 11
I first came across her years ago on videos from YouTuber SF Stef. I couldn't understand why anyone would take skincare advice from her because her own skin looks really underwhelming to me. And it hasn't looked better with the passage of time. So ... nothing she ever said really resonated with me, especially after I found out she has relatively few qualifications. None of these products is in any way appealing to me. She may make fun of Trinny but she's better known and comes across as far more likeable.

Reactions: 14
No lives this week. Would have to face too many awkward questions I guess 🤣 still struggling to understand how Liberty let her have a concession with one cleanser, two variations of same acid, two variations of retinoid and four variations of moisturiser.? Not forgetting the groundbreaking flannel. How will she ever sell enough there to make it pay
She said last week there would be lives this week, and that she would try to do a live from or outside Liberty on Monday morning. So, things were planned but went awry...

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Maybe she has thrown all her money on the Skin Rocks venture and is in panic mode. She really was so foolish to start a luxury priced brand from scratch when she could have done a collaboration with an existing brand like Sali. Far less risky

As others have said previously. Hiron's believes that she is the saviour for the beauty industry. She's deluded herself in thinking that the general public will react as the freaks do.

The whole of the Skin Rocks line seems very hurriedly put together. Basic formulas, clunky and awful packaging. The prices are crazy and people are beginning to see through her business. If she'd continued the collaboration with Pixie and kept the prices some what affordable I think she'd have cleaned up.

I was expecting lots of freaks queuing around the block on Monday, not even the familiar faces that follow her around launches posted the obligatory photo with her.

Hiron's constantly changing her stance on things, being aggressive, never quite telling what her qualifications are and if she does it's an embellishment

Plus posting "look at how much better I look after ten years of skincare, treatments, surgery" and now the hyper fixatation on losing weight and the gym. I thought she looked a lot better ten years ago... Ok the tan is a bit much however she wasn't up her own arse.

As I've said before the big brands have jumped ship, more than likely because of her constantly comparing her 5 products to brands that helped her with the kits in lockdown. Then slagging them off.

I can see her selling the brand once the rest of the range is out. As she cannot be getting the financial gain she thought. Maybe she should start by listening to some of the criticism...like most adults her age are capable of doing

Reactions: 16
There is just too much good stuff out there. Naturium retinaldehyde is next on my list to try. In hirons retinal price point, I could get medik8 crystal retinal 6 or oskia retinal capsules. The competition in this price range has their own in-house labs and have a more enticing ingredient list. I’d go for them any day!

Maybe she has thrown all her money on the Skin Rocks venture and is in panic mode. She really was so foolish to start a luxury priced brand from scratch when she could have done a collaboration with an existing brand like Sali. Far less risky
Hirons should have stuck with Pixi. Her double cleanse did well and it was a first having both cleansers in the same pot.
She could have brought out other products in collaboration with them. I also think Pixi is a suitable price point for her products. I guess she wanted all the glory and profits for herself - as previously said, she got greedy. She hates the fact that Trinny launched her own very successful range before she did and did the colour coded products.

• Heart
There is just too much good stuff out there. Naturium retinaldehyde is next on my list to try. In hirons retinal price point, I could get medik8 crystal retinal 6 or oskia retinal capsules. The competition in this price range has their own in-house labs and have a more enticing ingredient list. I’d go for them any day!
The Naturium retinaldehyde is really good. I used one tube of the lower strength, then went on to the stronger one. It's a great consistency and doesn't piss off my weird skin. I swapped over from G&G only because of the stock issue.

Their peptide cream, and eye cream are very good too and a great price

Reactions: 4

Yes this. There are so many brilliant solid brands at least half the price of her stuff and which people are far more likely to repeat buy.
If I suddenly thought I'd buy an expensive prestige brand, around or over £50 per product, it would never be Skin Rocks. It seems too run of the mill and almost gimmicky.
I wonder if Liberty will be a success 😬
I can't see many wealthy tourists being enticed by her stall at all.

Reactions: 9
@FrankieBelle and @lucylucyapplejuicy I am pleased to report the Lisa Eldridge mascara is amazing. I've tried on different days and no smudging or transfer. I even had a doze wearing it on Sunday and it was fine.
Anyway on topic, I can see Lisa's counter in the background so I think that was Suqqu. Will check at some point but I'm not setting foot in Liberty this week in case I am somehow counted as being one of her customers!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I still think she's crapping it that it won't be permanent 😂
There’s really no such thing as permanent in a beauty hall, if she doesn’t sell, she’ll be replaced with another brand in due course. She’s so smug and unpleasant, I really hope she gets dropped…

Reactions: 17
There’s really no such thing as permanent in a beauty hall, if she doesn’t sell, she’ll be replaced with another brand in due course. She’s so smug and unpleasant, I really hope she gets dropped…
Exactly this. For someone who claims to be third generation beauty industry counter girl or whatever she has no clue how it works. It's business and if she's not bringing in sales and footfall, she'll be out the door

Reactions: 11
Exactly this. For someone who claims to be third generation beauty industry counter girl or whatever she has no clue how it works. It's business and if she's not bringing in sales and footfall, she'll be out the door
Aw gawd we are going to have her posting the photos of 3 generations of her family behind beauty counters soon aren’t we? We’ve seen the other 2 photos numerous times so now she’ll add hers. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
One thing I will say about Hirons though. She is a great sales person and that's probably how she persuaded Liberty to stock her brand. All along and as a blogger she has been great at selling. She just got notions from the freaks

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.