Caroline Hirons #32 Query the price, she’ll show you the door. “It’s not expensive, you’re just poor!”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Influencers and brands are not going to mention it if they are not paid or given something free.
I don't mean big influencers. It was a bit tongue in cheek about her fan club, and also about people like KPS who would want the recognition of CH sharing them. Just saw this in the group.

Screenshot 2024-02-27 at 15.41.25.png

Reactions: 11
Also, not to redirect the thread too much, but can we just note how irritating her posts about her new exercise and diet regime are? It is so tedious to watch her share photographs of herself working out, or talking about how she is so amazing because she was motivated enough to work out, or sharing pompous content patting herself on the back for ‘making these changes.’ It’s dull. Not to mention, she has no self-awareness at all. She’s a skincare person, not a personal trainer. She has no sense of her audience and no care at all for anyone who might be following her who could have issues with their body image or who could be managing body dysmorphia or an eating disorder and who might have seen her posts by accident, considering that they wouldn’t have chosen to follow her for that kind of content. She has no critical literacy in her mind at all, she’s just occupied 24/7 with fawning over the lead singer of a God-awful indie band two decades her junior, or trying to essentially organise arranged marriages for her kids. I actually wish she’d just get on with her job sometimes and make some skincare. But, oh no, a flannel and a round piece of cotton will do!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
£15
Am I living in an alternative reality??
They look as awful as the rest of the line

And the freaks were slagging off the price of VB cleansers

I suppose it's another SKU to have in her it's not a pop up
FFS. Face Halo led the way with washable microfibre pads. £10 for 3 at Boots. Doesn’t this conflict with her groundbreaking flannels?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
FFS. Face Halo led the way with washable microfibre pads. £10 for 3 at Boots. Doesn’t this conflict with her groundbreaking flannels?
I wonder whether she's put a usage instruction on the box. I've just had a quick look on the freaks page .. some idiot is buying them for the bag, another idiot "resisted" buying Hirons paintstripper until she released her washable face pads

Hirons will say her groundbreaking flannels are a completely different product and you need both to enrich make her rich

Reactions: 4
I don't mean big influencers. It was a bit tongue in cheek about her fan club, and also about people like KPS who would want the recognition of CH sharing them. Just saw this in the group.

View attachment 2783544
I expected a few Freaks to tell her that it’s not too expensive but not one person did. Looks like they agree with her then.
Perhaps instead of “it’s not expensive, it’s just out of budget” it should now be “it’s not expensive, it’s just overpriced!”

Reactions: 10
What's the story with her not-merch-merch being held up by pirates?
I feel for the pirates. Poor bastards go to the trouble of getting some guns, taking over a ship, probably thought they were going to be rich. Can you imagine the disappointment upon realising it was full of cotton pads with no resale value? They're not even organic or fairtrade, probably made in the same sweatshops the pirates' kids work in.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I have to admit I am a sucker for colourful packaging (I like my skincare shelf to be bright, not beige) but I certainly won't be spending any money on CH's range, I can't stand her (thanks for the comments about Byoma packaging being cr*p, I was tempted to get a few things but I'll leave it, it's not like I actually need anything)

Question: do we think Caroline is GAINING any NEW followers at the moment? I did trust her at some point (probably pre-pandemic, don't remember exactly) but my impression is that she's only been more and more annoying since then, and I just don't see how she could be convincing any new "freaks" (or even more normal people) to line her pockets?? I am hoping that the interest in her can only become less and less over time, she does not deserve it.

Reactions: 13
I don't think she will gain more followers, she's peaked. Someone previously pointed out that she has shifted from reviewing products in detail to giving an overview (slurp, cough cough, huge sniff "it smells lovely!", squirt some on hand, rub it in a bit, hold up to camera "can you see that? It's lovely. And omg" - huge sniff - "the smell is so good. Great for all types of skin, even black". Slurp).

Now she has her products, she can only really talk about them in detail, which is boring. Plus how do you sell exxy products on the basis they work miracles when your own skin makes you look exactly your age. There's a credibility gulf which will only get wider.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
So literally its 4 products just configured in different orders. How on earth do you get a liberty counter selling 4 products?
This is tragic 😆 I’m really wondering what Liberty were thinking, doesn’t seem to fit with their image at ALL!

Reactions: 21
So literally its 4 products just configured in different orders. How on earth do you get a liberty counter selling 4 products?
I'm in Paris at the moment and visited the new Victoria Beckham counter in one of the fancy warehouses. I could barely find it and the makeup was basically lying on a table. It looked dire. In comparison to that Hirons is doing well. I didn't expect that to be honest....

• Wow
Reactions: 6
This is tragic 😆 I’m really wondering what Liberty were thinking, doesn’t seem to fit with their image at ALL!
It’s not what you know it’s who you know. It’ll be interesting to see how well her products compete with the other brands.

Reactions: 11
It looks like a shop that could be in Balamory!

A Freak said that they hope Liberty are prepared for the huge amount of Freaks that will be turning up there to buy!
😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Also, not to redirect the thread too much, but can we just note how irritating her posts about her new exercise and diet regime are? It is so tedious to watch her share photographs of herself working out, or talking about how she is so amazing because she was motivated enough to work out, or sharing pompous content patting herself on the back for ‘making these changes.’ It’s dull. Not to mention, she has no self-awareness at all. She’s a skincare person, not a personal trainer. She has no sense of her audience and no care at all for anyone who might be following her who could have issues with their body image or who could be managing body dysmorphia or an eating disorder and who might have seen her posts by accident, considering that they wouldn’t have chosen to follow her for that kind of content. She has no critical literacy in her mind at all, she’s just occupied 24/7 with fawning over the lead singer of a God-awful indie band two decades her junior, or trying to essentially organise arranged marriages for her kids. I actually wish she’d just get on with her job sometimes and make some skincare. But, oh no, a flannel and a round piece of cotton will do!
Yes I completely agree. I started following her years ago for purely skincare, didn’t mind the odd random rant here and there but now she’s too much and the weight loss and smug advertising of her gym/personal training is unbearable. My teenage daughter has anorexia and seeing the emphasis Caroline puts on weight loss makes me wonder how many of her followers are experiencing eating disorders and how triggering it must be for them to hear her bang on about weight loss and exercise constantly

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wouldn't normally expect someone to not talk about something they've got a passion for such as the gym, just because followers might be triggered, but seeing as Hirons had a go at wordle for the answer being 'GRIEF' when she was recently bereaved, I think she's completely fair game for being called out for it!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
It’s not what you know it’s who you know. It’ll be interesting to see how well her products compete with the other brands.
Exactly. I know she may have (subtly, barely) mentioned it's permanent, but am sure Bobbi Brown or whichever brand she's replaced in that spot thought the same. She probably talked a good game about her followers, high end skincare obsessives, how many would come in, purchasing from her, purchasing from other brands, increasing sales all round etc etc, but they must all be disappointed in the lack of interest on Day one - no queues, crash barriers, even the promise of a consultation with the queen herself ("these are the 4 products I'd recommend for you from my full range of, er, 4 products". Ground-breaking.), and free treats for the first purchasers didn't seem to reel people in.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.