Caroline Hirons #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She still has no right to dictate who should donate- it's not uncommon for large companies to have charity partners in place already.
Exactly I work for a global brand and we cannot donate / raise money for just any charity withIn each region or country. It has to be done via our Corporate Responsibility team. If you are a major brand with shareholders you have to be crystal clear about where the money is being spent. A go fund me page set up in 3 days would not be the place. How do we / they know exactly how the money will be spent etc? Now I am not saying that big charities are not problematic - look at the scandal with Oxfam - but it’s very easy for monies and donations to be mishandled. I am not for one minute saying that will happen here, but regulation, accountability and transparency is absolutely key to ensuring the donations are distributed in the right way.

Reactions: 16
Exactly I work for a global brand and we cannot donate / raise money for just any charity withIn each region or country. It has to be done via our Corporate Responsibility team. If you are a major brand with shareholders you have to be crystal clear about where the money is being spent. A go fund me page set up in 3 days would not be the place. How do we / they know exactly how the money will be spent etc? Now I am not saying that big charities are not problematic - look at the scandal with Oxfam - but it’s very easy for monies and donations to be mishandled. I am not for one minute saying that will happen here, but regulation, accountability and transparency is absolutely key to ensuring the donations are distributed in the right way.
This just proves how totally out of touch she really is. If she was so “in with the brands” and knew exactly what was going on she would know this. She’s all mouth.

Reactions: 6
Look, of course they're wrong to not be wearing PPE if that's what's happening but it should be reported via the correct channels rather than posting actual pictures of customers and barbers to her (large) social media following.
I dunno, most of those pictures were posted by the barbers themselves and obviously asked their customers if they could take pictures of them for social media. CH and her supporters shared pictures directly from social media accounts of the barbers, stylists, etc.

Not defending CH, mind. She is very brash.

Has anyone read this? We get some info on her credentials! It’s what we’ve known all along: she isn’t a skincare expert, just an excellent saleswoman aka SHILL.

I dunno, most of those pictures were posted by the barbers themselves and obviously asked their customers if they could take pictures of them for social media. CH and her supporters shared pictures directly from social media accounts of the barbers, stylists, etc.

Not defending CH, mind. She is very brash.

Has anyone read this? We get some info on her credentials! It’s what we’ve known all along: she isn’t a skincare expert, just an excellent saleswoman aka SHILL.
Yeah but what good will her and her followers posting the images do? I doubt BoJo is following CH!

Reactions: 2
Why does she feel the need to let everyone know she’s menopausal and on HRT every time she’s on screen or in print?

Oh I know ......🙄 because the menopause is currently a big seller in terms of pills and potions and she wants in on the market.

It’ll be a skin kit for menopausal skin before the year’s out to cater for her older devotees.

As an aside, not every woman needs HRT and it’s not the horror some women experience either, I had a surgical menopause and I went through it happy as a pig in muck.

Anyway, glad I got that off my chest😁.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That's really interesting Amber spyglass, because it does seem that a lot of the discourse on the menopause and period menopause is that it is absolutely horrendous and something to get through, which I find frightening. But, apart from some hot flushes my mum also said that she sailed through.

Reactions: 6
That's really interesting Amber spyglass, because it does seem that a lot of the discourse on the menopause and period menopause is that it is absolutely horrendous and something to get through, which I find frightening. But, apart from some hot flushes my mum also said that she sailed through.
I think it’s important for younger women to know it’s not necessarily going to be this terrible thing involving terrible mood swings , awful hot flushes and night sweats and HRT isn’t always essential .

Reactions: 10
I think it’s important for younger women to know it’s not necessarily going to be this terrible thing involving terrible mood swings , awful hot flushes and night sweats and HRT isn’t always essential .
I totally agree and would love to hear a more balanced view because while I think it's great that now we speak about it openly and freely it does seem that we only hear the horror stories (like Meg Matthew's and CH etc). And as I said, at 41, it really scares me.

I meant PERI above the spellchecker changed it.

Reactions: 3
I totally agree and would love to hear a more balanced view because while I think it's great that now we speak about it openly and freely it does seem that we only hear the horror stories (like Meg Matthew's and CH etc). And as I said, at 41, it really scares me.
I had a total hysterectomy at 42 because of Endometriosis and associated cysts that continued to grow , I chose not to take HRT for a couple of reasons and I can say , hand on heart , everything has been absolutely fine.

It’s important to make an informed decision but please don’t be scared😊.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@AmberSpyglass thank you for posting that, there's so much scaremongering about menopause out there, it's hard enough being a woman without the constant fear and dread!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah I'm in my early 40s and I'm so worried. I've only heard horror stories from relatives etc. Its great to hear that's not always the case.

Adding my thanks Amber x
I’ve followed this thread but not commented before, but what a starkly horrid thing to fear monger and monetise something natural that happens to most women (clearly that doesn’t just apply to just CH).

It’s like birth stories - you hear about horrendous ones and the amazing hypno births ... mine were fine... no drama but not a breeze either. Appreciate that some people do have some difficult experiences and I am not minimising it at all, but there are plenty of us who have straightforward labours and births too x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Big unspoken truths- not all female events (puberty, childbirth and menopause) are inevitably awful and you don’t need to ease them by spending a tit load of money on remedies for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
My mam is 52 and still gets her periods regularly. She wonders whether the menopause will ever happen for her, haha.

Reactions: 1
Big unspoken truths- not all female events (puberty, childbirth and menopause) are inevitably awful and you don’t need to ease them by spending a tit load of money on remedies for them.
My mother in law breezed through menopause, my Mum struggled (she had a hysterectomy at 52 and is still having sweats 2 years later)

A lot of younger girls seem to be wanting the kit but when looking at them it seems she doesn’t think about that audience more older women

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.