Caroline Hirons #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's coming out with these kits every 3 months and the products would last way more than 3 months in most cases. I really don't agree with encouraging people to buy more and more products all the time for so much money as well! Obviously she's all abut making money out of her freaks but surely with all her contacts in the beauty industry she could come up with a more affordable package (like less than £50) even if it was a mixture of full size and trial size products.

I only buy products when I need them but if there is a beauty box that has a couple of things I'm after then would get one. I recently got the Roccabox they did with get the gloss which was £30 and had a least 3 products I wanted.

I guess it feeds into her overall approach. The sight of all those products in her office is just so wasteful. There must be products she's never even touched let alone finishes. Wouldn't it be better to get a wider network to try out the products rarely then piling them into that office! I watched one of her retinol videos from last year and she said repeatedly that most of the products she was recommending she hadn't used....great recommendation then :censored:

Reactions: 8
She is so rough with her skin :LOL: kinda irks me when she brings out the THERAPIST’S SWIPE!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So many questions.

I wonder how her beauty box income works? Does she get x% of each box sold, a flat amount regardless of number sold or a %of the total retail price sold?

I just realized today that she only has a little over 500k IG subscribers. For someone who thinks so highly of herself and is THE (self-proclaimed) skincare expert (without a med degree or aethestician license), that’s not a lot of followers, especially for having been managed by Gleam at the beginning.

Reactions: 5
So many questions.

I wonder how her beauty box income works? Does she get x% of each box sold, a flat amount regardless of number sold or a %of the total retail price sold?
They're set up to always sell out (limited numbers and they've obviously done extensive research on the demand), so it would be the same amount regardless. Would be interested to know what that amount is though.

ETA I think 500k followers is hugely impressive for who she is and I'm really shocked it's so high. Sali Hughes only has 166k and that's with the benefit of having had a weekly column in a national newspaper for a decade.

Reactions: 6
Oh she invented double cleansing - didn’t you know?! 😂 She once had a massive strop because some brand used the phrase double cleanse and didn’t credit her!

She does have some beauty qualifications, but worked in retail as far as I know. No journalism or anything like that.
I’ve been using Eve Lom products for YEARS, and that’s where I first learned about “Double Cleansing”!! Who the duck is Caroline Hirons anyway?? 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh she invented double cleansing - didn’t you know?! 😂 She once had a massive strop because some brand used the phrase double cleanse and didn’t credit her!
Hmmm...did she 'invent' it or did she nick the phrase from the back of every shampoo bottle ever made over the last forty-odd years?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Hmmm...did she 'invent' it or did she nick the phrase from the back of every shampoo bottle ever made over the last forty-odd years?! 😂
Decades ago😄 Dermalogica started the pre-cleanse routine and , as said upthread, Eve Lom was way in front on cleansing twice.

Reactions: 9
Technically you’re paying twice. Your taxes are going to services provided by the government. By donating to organizations that supplement these government services or go directly into these services, you’re also paying.

The best we can do support these businesses and people directly. Shop/buy local, give a little extra in tip, maybe not wait so long between beauty treatments. Obviously not everyone is able to do all of this, but we can all do something to ensure small business get through this!
That's the point, we can't support them directly as under the rules they are not allowed to perform work on the face. For those that just do facials and brows or just have brow bars, they can't do anything. They get no help off the Gov and many don't qualify for the small business loan. They were then told they could start again on the 1st August so went out and got all the ppe, made the salons safe and were then told the day before they can't open.

Yet Barbers are taking the piss, doing all the work beauticians can't do and without proper ppe.

Also, Caroline posting pictures to her social channels of regular people at barbers? Is that not a huge no no? It's not the customers or the barbers fault they have been allowed to open and beauty salons haven't. It sucks but it's not their fault.

She has conducted herself in her usual oafish, aggressive manner, and as is typical with Caroline, her ire is misdirected.
So it's not the Barbers fault they are carrying out waxing treatments that they shouldn't be doing?

And its not the Barbers fault they are not wearing ppe like they are supposed?

So whose fault is it?

Decades ago😄 Dermalogica started the pre-cleanse routine and , as said upthread, Eve Lom was way in front on cleansing twice.
Does anyone remember a book called “The Beauty Bible” that came out around 2006? I think it was written by Jo Fairley (and cant remember the other author). This book was brilliant as it basically listed everything, skin care, makeup, even hair care, and products were rated by members of the public. I would trust this book recommendations over anything CH raves about, because no one company is singled out for being “the best”. Who knows whether CH was paid to promote brands in her book...🤔

The Beauty Bible Amazon product

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I could be totally wrong but I assume at this point she's essentially just acting as a retailer. So she buys product from the brands at wholesale pricing (possibly with an even higher discount due to the volume she will shift) and then has a fulfilment company package them all into her branded boxes and they then take care of warehousing, packing and shipping to customers. So she'll get whatever's left after buying the product and paying the fulfilment company.

Does anyone remember a book called “The Beauty Bible” that came out around 2006? I think it was written by Jo Fairley (and cant remember the other author). This book was brilliant as it basically listed everything, skin care, makeup, even hair care, and products were rated by members of the public. I would trust this book recommendations over anything CH raves about, because no one company is singled out for being “the best”. Who knows whether CH was paid to promote brands in her book...🤔

The Beauty Bible Amazon product
There must be clauses in her brand contracts whereby anytime she’s publicly speaking about skincare, routines, recommended brands, etc. she has to mention those specific brands. If that’s the case, then she’s def on the payroll of the brands in the book.

Seems like The Beauty Bible is still going!! And the other author was Sarah Stacey. Also, does anyone here subscribe to Glossy Box? I’ve had 2 boxes so far, and I’m pretty impressed. What do others think? And are there any other monthly beauty subscription boxes that you’d recommend?

Reactions: 1
I'm with Dr Sam and Dr Emma on beauty boxes. They touched on them in an IG live recently discussing how product-hopping and a recreational approach to skincare was a major cause of sensitised skin.

I'm with Dr Sam and Dr Emma on beauty boxes. They touched on them in an IG live recently discussing how product-hopping and a recreational approach to skincare was a major cause of sensitised skin.
I guess that's why CH's skin somehow always seems to be inflamed or breaking out.
Someone on here recommended a skincare blog the other day, can't remember the name, but it was a really good read - basically she said too much exfoliation (via acids) is rather bad for the skin and "dead cells" still serve a purpose. I've pretty much given up on acids (maybe a gentle PHA exfoliant once a month) and my skin's a lot calmer now. (purely anecdotal, I know - my skin was never dull or congested to start with, I just felt I needed ALL the acids).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Off the Covid-topic, but something that I think about whenever I see her talking about being a mother (maybe the only mother to love her children?) - my prayers and thoughts go out to her son's pregnant partner because I really do think CH would be the MIL from hell
Been thinking this myself for a while ,poor girl 😩

I could be totally wrong but I assume at this point she's essentially just acting as a retailer. So she buys product from the brands at wholesale pricing (possibly with an even higher discount due to the volume she will shift) and then has a fulfilment company package them all into her branded boxes and they then take care of warehousing, packing and shipping to customers. So she'll get whatever's left after buying the product and paying the fulfilment company.
Thats exactly what she’s doing. And she’s only said PayPal are a nightmare to work with as they keep a hold of funds for a period of time to make sure there’s no laundering/fraudulent activity going on. Caroline wants her money right bang in her bank account there and then. PayPal is one of the safest way to pay online but she’s just all greed.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
That's the point, we can't support them directly as under the rules they are not allowed to perform work on the face. For those that just do facials and brows or just have brow bars, they can't do anything. They get no help off the Gov and many don't qualify for the small business loan. They were then told they could start again on the 1st August so went out and got all the ppe, made the salons safe and were then told the day before they can't open.

Yet Barbers are taking the piss, doing all the work beauticians can't do and without proper ppe.

So it's not the Barbers fault they are carrying out waxing treatments that they shouldn't be doing?

And its not the Barbers fault they are not wearing ppe like they are supposed?

So whose fault is it?
Look, of course they're wrong to not be wearing PPE if that's what's happening but it should be reported via the correct channels rather than posting actual pictures of customers and barbers to her (large) social media following.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.