Caroline Hirons #24 Reti-nope

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eh, it's tattle, we're all entitled to our own opinions on things.
As I have said before I am pretty sure the book advance would have paid for the house deposit. The stamp duty alone on a second home would have been over £200k

Reactions: 4
Is a £2 million house even that big of a deal? All the British people I know talk about how it’s so much more expensive over there, but even when you convert that to USD… That’s not THAT big of a deal. Lots of homes over here, even in the Midwestern states, cost that much…

I guess I’m saying, sure, that’s an expensive home, but is it really that much of an outlier?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I live in an area of the US where $2 million isn't really a shocking price for a home (sadly), however, you have to admit that that IS a huge outlier compared to most of the country. I think it's just as much a "big deal" to live in a $2 million dollar house here as it would be in the UK and equally out of reach for the vast majority of people.

Reactions: 9
Vast majority of people in the UK could never afford a £2million property as we don't earn enough to get the mortgage. Your USA friends must be a very fortunate group of people.

Property prices vary hugely in the UK. But no matter where you are its a very tiny amount of people who could afford to spend that on a property. It's a huge deal.

Reactions: 23
Idk… I’m from the Midwest and it wouldn’t be shocking in the town I’m from. I said it’s an expensive house, but not jaw-droppingly so. You can find homes wayyyy more expensive than that in almost any state. Or have you not been on Zillow lately? 😂

I live in an area of the US where $2 million isn't really a shocking price for a home (sadly), however, you have to admit that that IS a huge outlier compared to most of the country. I think it's just as much a "big deal" to live in a $2 million dollar house here as it would be in the UK and equally out of reach for the vast majority of people.
Vast majority of people in the UK could never afford a £2million property as we don't earn enough to get the mortgage. Your USA friends must be a very fortunate group of people.

Property prices vary hugely in the UK. But no matter where you are its a very tiny amount of people who could afford to spend that on a property. It's a huge deal.
I think you guys are missing my point. Yes, it’s expensive. But some of the comments make it seem like it’s newsworthy-expensive… Just trying to get some perspective since I don’t live there.

Reactions: 2
@MinnieGrant yeah we aren't missing your point, thats what us lot in the UK are trying to explain to you, that a £2 million house is "newsworthy-expensive". The Midwest is a rich area. In certain places in the UK million pound properties are common, but that doesn't mean everyone in the UK is able to buy then. TAKE Chelsea in London where £2 million would get you a 2 bed flat, with a balcony if you're lucky, the majority of owners are from the overseas or bought as investment properties by hengefunds. Basically, yes a £2 million poind mansion is way out of the league of over 99% of the UK and is a HUGE deal to be able to afford.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Idk… I’m from the Midwest and it wouldn’t be shocking in the town I’m from. I said it’s an expensive house, but not jaw-droppingly so. You can find homes wayyyy more expensive than that in almost any state. Or have you not been on Zillow lately? 😂

I think you guys are missing my point. Yes, it’s expensive. But some of the comments make it seem like it’s newsworthy-expensive… Just trying to get some perspective since I don’t live there.
I know that you can find homes way more expensive than that - I live in a town outside of Boston that has many of them (I am just average middle-class person myself, no millions for me), and I grew up in Fairfield County CT surrounded by enormous wealth, so I know all about the expensive real estate that is out there. I don't need to look at Zillow. Just because you can find expensive homes in any state doesn't make it any less true that $2 million - or even $1 million - is way out of the reach for most people to spend on a home, especially in these economic times. I don't think that anyone here is saying that Caroline's home is newsworthy because of the cost alone; it has more to do with her hypocrisy and conveniently not mentioning how much her station in life has changed since she started shilling her book and all her kits.

Reactions: 23
Also I've never got the big deal about her mansion, to me I'm not suprised she could afford that. I mean her house in London was probably way over £1 million a decade ago when she started blogging. Also from what I've seen on the thread it seems that it's still assumption from a few selfies rand Ruth having a similar wallpaper (if im remembering correctly) which to me all seem like a reach rather than proof, like the alibaba bags, out of date products, hypocrisy and her hugely inflated ego that are 100% fact.

Reactions: 8
Caroline is still perpetuating the myth that she is a stressed working Mum/ Nanna - gulping down cold mugs of tea whilst juggling the supermarket shop! She does this by dressing like a bin liner & forgetting her hairbrush! Caroline actually lives a privileged life, she is not scratching around for pennies- whilst brushing toast crumbs off her cleavage! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Well for me I like to joke about her second home whenever she releases a kit/product. That Georgian pile won’t heat itself! 😜
Good for her that she’s made that much money from her adoring Freakoids but then the said Freakoids truly believe Nellie does it all for them rather than to make stacks of money for herself. Yes she does give some profit to charity but it shows just how much she must make from them.

Reactions: 21
So her post graduate qualification… isn’t exactly as such as she doesn’t have a degree to speak of? Im
Totally shocked…,

@MinnieGrant I may have misunderstood but your use of 'wish' implied to me that you hoped people would stop discussing the second house here.

I guess I just think its possible to both question her qualifications and her products and her almost out of date kits AND judge her for not talking about her 2 million pound country home.

Not as qualified as she'd like you to think!

Reactions: 8
So her post graduate qualification… isn’t exactly as such as she doesn’t have a degree to speak of? Im
Totally shocked…,
No, I don’t believe she went to university. I think when she refers to “post-graduate courses”, she’s referring to further aesthetics courses she did after gaining her beauty qualifications - it’s pretty sneaky of her because it makes it sound like she has a degree and a masters.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Yet again pulling the wool over her followers eyes. She’s a blinking fraud / inauthentic on so many levels.
No, I don’t believe she went to university. I think when she refers to “post-graduate courses”, she’s referring to further aesthetics courses she did after gaining her beauty qualifications - it’s pretty sneaky of her because it makes it sound like she has a degree and a masters.

She did a vocational college course not, not something academic and in a university which is what she alludes it to. It sounds like I'm belittling everyone who does these type of courses and I don't mean it that way, but it's basically how to wash faces and use some beauty therapy machines. I've done prince2 and doing cips which are industry accreditations and referred to as college, undergraduate, masters and post grad as you move up the grades. These are both much easier (while not easy) than the levels they're compared to, so I think what Caroline "graduated" in is something that anyone could do and is something you need for the trade, like how you need to pass tests to be a tradesman, plumber, hairdresser etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Also I've never got the big deal about her mansion, to me I'm not suprised she could afford that. I mean her house in London was probably way over £1 million a decade ago when she started blogging. Also from what I've seen on the thread it seems that it's still assumption from a few selfies rand Ruth having a similar wallpaper (if im remembering correctly) which to me all seem like a reach rather than proof, like the alibaba bags, out of date products, hypocrisy and her hugely inflated ego that are 100% fact.
The london place is a maisonette, so possibly not quite worth that much when she began blogging.

But anyway, housing aside...

bets on what the next product from Skin Rocks will be and when it will be released? Cleanser in time for Valentines?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
This makes sense. She just seems like an odd person to call out. I’m in the US, so maybe it’s different here, but even our raging liberals have multiple homes. (And not “just” £2 million…)

I guess I just see a lot of women being called out for different issues, but men get a pass.

But I don’t live there. Maybe all of your Labour Party members have single, modest homes.

She’s still a tw@t though.
Ahh, I didn’t realise you were in the US Minnie, I can see why you don’t understand the issue. It’s not the number of homes she has or the value of the homes, it’s the land those houses sit on.

There is just not enough land available for us to build enough homes to meet demand. We are a tiny island which would fit into the state of Montana with room to spare, and our population grew rapidly due to immigration and we needed more housing.

The population increase was equal to the size of the population of the 2nd biggest city, Manchester. We needed to build the equivalent of another Manchester and literally had nowhere to build it. So instead prices have gone up and up and accommodation is all but unaffordable for those on low incomes. New homes are built where they can fit them in, but it’s barely putting a dent in it. The necessary infrastructure needed (drs, hospitals, schools, roads, parking) are just an after thought.

Nellie claims to be a raving leftie which is basically a British Communist, like Jeremy Corbyn. She‘s not personally responsible for the entire housing shortage but a principled person would not contribute to it. Oh well come the revolution I’m sure she‘ll be very happy to do her bit, as her properties are turned into communal apartments (remember Dr Zivago). She can use her out of date facial oils as cooking fuel. (No I’m not a communist or a Russian in disguise).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It’s not assumption, the title deeds confirm she owns it.

It’s clear when she has written and spoken about her training that she has never been to university or attended a university course (like open university) so therefore doesn’t have any degree or a masters and it is sneaky. Nothing wrong with vocational training but it isn’t the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.