Caroline Hirons #20 Maybe Creighton’s can give her some tips to shift some kits!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another day, another middle aged woman with heavily filtered photos begging for a compliment on the freaks page.
I saw it and no one called her out for the filter. I thought self indulgent selfies were against the rules.
One poster made me laugh. She replied “I didn’t realise it was you!” and then goes on to state she is the OPs aunt and yes her nieces skin is that lovely in real life!
Erm, how come you didn’t recognise her at first then?! 🤔😆

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Just seen someone asked if there’s a filter on the photos and she’s completely denied it. Any idiot can see they’re filtered!!! Why lie 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Have lost all of the replies but just wanted to say thank you to everyone who recommended a rosacea-friendly spf. I went with the La Roche Posay one for now - it was the easiest to get hold of for Wednesday.

Rosacea is totally new to me and am feeling pretty down about it all and like I'll look like this forever. It seems to have appeared out of the blue (went through a break up last year and feel very hopeless about meeting anyone while I look like this) but I've been prescribed soolantra for now, so we'll see.

Anyway, I do not want to turn this into a rosacea thread. Interestingly, Hirons has done pretty much nothing on rosacea.
Dr Sam Bunting has quite a few videos on rosacea. I really like her approach to skincare.

Reactions: 6
Just had a look on the Hirons store and the OGs kit (£295) is still in stock. That's from last October, so 8 months old now.
And was probably out of date when it went in there. I’m cynical.

Just seen someone asked if there’s a filter on the photos and she’s completely denied it. Any idiot can see they’re filtered!!! Why lie 🙄
This is what annoys me the most. The filtered faces of freaks with fabulous skin lie. It’s so desperate. It’s stink or serious low self esteem. They all need mental health practitioners, not an alleged skin care guru who’s losing her way and her following rapidly.

Dr Sam Bunting has quite a few videos on rosacea. I really like her approach to skincare.
Whilst Dr Natalia Spierlings has her own agenda always. I have heard that Dr Sam is not actually a dermatologist/dr multiple times. I haven’t researched more than this but thought I would leave this here.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
@dibdobdebb Those filtered photos drove me mad - and commenting about one got me kicked out of the Freaks! I wasn't rude, just said I couldn't see the large pores on her nose which the OP was complaining about, due to heavy filtering (she barely had a nose let alone pores) 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
@dibdobdebb Those filtered photos drove me mad - and commenting about one got me kicked out of the Freaks! I wasn't rude, just said I couldn't see the large pores on her nose which the OP was complaining about, due to heavy filtering (she barely had a nose let alone pores) 🙄
Doesn’t surprise me you were kicked for honesty. I left FB before the freak group disillusioned, so probably was still a member until that point but I had checked out anyway. I was definitely probably on my way though as also had started to call out the BS. I think I’m one of the only people that moaned about Skin+Me destroying my barrier it appeared at the time and I was quickly disparaged for that. duck that noise. I have a similar beauty background to Caroline, as in I started in an Aveda department (salon division) and started around the same time as her. I was a business manager though. This is another thing that annoys me. Brand expert… Bah you’re a counter girl and should be claiming nothing more. I love counter girls, they’re great. But dermatologists and experts they are not.

Her LinkedIn shows it too. Longest held job was around 5 years at Liz Earle, (Liz Earle not being a great skincare brand in my humble opinion). She was an account exec/director basically an area rep, potentially based at head office. Which don’t get me wrong is the next step up in terms of a counter persons career path. She worked for hammer holdings, owned by George and Ruby Hammer, (maybe not Ruby anymore, I don’t work in the industry anymore so haven’t kept up). George is very well known as is Ruby in the make up and beauty industry. George brought many brands like Aveda to the UK many moons ago, along with brands like Tweezerman. So I’ll acknowledge that yeah, she has beauty experience and has worked for a reputable beauty distribution company, and massive hands that delivered good facials (according to others), but she ain’t no oracle on amazing skin, certainly not mine.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Dr Sam is a qualified medical doctor MRCP (member of the Royal College of Physicians) and did do years of NHS hospital dermatology training and practice. Unlike Dr Barbara Sturm for example who was an orthopaedic surgeon.
She has 3 consultant dermatologists working in her London practice - i follow one of them, Dr Emma Wedgeworth, on IG and her content is excellent.

Screenshot_20220614-101009_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220614-101611_Chrome.jpg

Sources:

Reactions: 7
Dr Sam is a qualified medical doctor MRCP (member of the Royal College of Physicians) and did do years of NHS hospital dermatology training and practice. Unlike Dr Barbara Sturm for example who was an orthopaedic surgeon.
She has 3 consultant dermatologists working in her London practice - i follow one of them, Dr Emma Wedgeworth, on IG and her content is excellent.

View attachment 1341998View attachment 1342006.

Sources:
Emma Wedgeworth is lovely!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whilst Dr Natalia Spierlings has her own agenda always. I have heard that Dr Sam is not actually a dermatologist/dr multiple times. I haven’t researched more than this but thought I would leave this here.
I feel like those that have to slag off their peers to raise their own profile are probably just not very confident in their own abilities. Those who shout the loudest have the most to hide…

Reactions: 10
Have lost all of the replies but just wanted to say thank you to everyone who recommended a rosacea-friendly spf. I went with the La Roche Posay one for now - it was the easiest to get hold of for Wednesday.

Rosacea is totally new to me and am feeling pretty down about it all and like I'll look like this forever. It seems to have appeared out of the blue (went through a break up last year and feel very hopeless about meeting anyone while I look like this) but I've been prescribed soolantra for now, so we'll see.

Anyway, I do not want to turn this into a rosacea thread. Interestingly, Hirons has done pretty much nothing on rosacea.
Dr Shereene Idriss has a video on Rosacea, with some products recommendations. It's dated 13 July 2021.
It might be helpful for you. I don't know how to share it as I don't think links are allowed. I could so with a Tattle for Dummies thread 😂

I think stress can cause a flare up of Rosacea and it sounds like it's been tough for you for a while.

Reactions: 4
Dr Shereene Idriss has a video on Rosacea, with some products recommendations. It's dated 13 July 2021.
It might be helpful for you. I don't know how to share it as I don't think links are allowed. I could so with a Tattle for Dummies thread 😂

I think stress can cause a flare up of Rosacea and it sounds like it's been tough for you for a while.
Tattle won't allow links to a few places (The nest of vipers/net of mums i think, and Grahtzia online for some reason) but most are ok.

Here's Dr Idriss's rosacea vid.

View attachment 1341998View attachment 1342006.

Sources:
Good to know and thanks for sharing. As mentioned I had only heard this and not researched what I had seen on Reddit.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
And was probably out of date when it went in there. I’m cynical.

This is what annoys me the most. The filtered faces of freaks with fabulous skin lie. It’s so desperate. It’s stink or serious low self esteem. They all need mental health practitioners, not an alleged skin care guru who’s losing her way and her following rapidly.

I'd heard about Dr. Vanita not being a derm before. If you google "Dr. Vanita hyperpigmentation clinic" the reviews are shocking 🤔😰 what kind of charlatans are we up against?!

• Wow
Gosh, what a conundrum.

Can these people not use their own brains!? It’s a couple of hours in the morning, get a grip.

B43CBB82-5BC2-4F67-A656-F9FA23B57472.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Wow the need for an MRI but worried about there face wear a bleeping hat what these people clearly have nothing going on in their lives to worry about spf ffs
It is probably an “attention” post, a way of informing the Freaks that she needs an MRI.
How hot is it in Australia right now anyway? I thought it was their winter?
A couple of hours without sun screen won’t kill her. Jeez, they walk amongst us… 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It is probably an “attention” post, a way of informing the Freaks that she needs an MRI.
How hot is it in Australia right now anyway? I thought it was their winter?
A couple of hours without sun screen won’t kill her. Jeez, they walk amongst us… 🙄
Yes very true!

These people have a LOT of time on their hands.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.