Caroline Hirons #20 Maybe Creighton’s can give her some tips to shift some kits!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not someone posting a humble brag picture with no less than thirteen bottles of SPF for their holiday like “iS tHiS EnOuGh” and then the others commenting below saying no. One person claiming they use a bottle a day. Then the familiar message “Admin turned off commenting on this post” 💀
Applied properly, a bottle should last two days with reapplying so for a week I take 4 bottles.

I'm always confused by the ones that post this then show off their tan, which is still damaged skin so their spf hasnt actually done its job, or they haven't applied frequently enough or applied enough

She looks like she doesn't believe the comment either 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
When I saw a dermatologist a few years ago, they asked what level of sunshine I was exposed to per year on average. IIRC the derm considered a week, or the equivalent, on holiday in a sunny place (without baking in the sun at midday) to be "little to no sunshine exposure" for most people. The derm mentioned that people who are ethnically from places where the sun shines quite strongly (so, places like the Mediterranean, the Carribean, etc) do need to be exposed to a good amount of sunshine for their skin health as well as mental health. Too little sun can cause skin issues and, for want of a better word, wan looking skin for people from those areas. Obviously, I imagine the advice was for people like me rather than a Celtic redhead, but I thought it was interesting.

Reactions: 7
Why do these people think Gangsta Gran is a qualified dermatologist?! I notice no one from her team has jumped in to say so.

7C49CE1E-61AD-4148-9FF0-FC8E4CD62F19.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
@dibdobdebb Deluded is the word x1000%

Saves them money? They have to be joking. I spent more on "bags of shite" as Emma Guns put it, during the time I was a member of the Freaks group than at any other time in my life. Almost all of the shite was sold or recommended by Hirons or another Freak. In the last few months since no longer being a member, my spending on skincare has been pretty minimal.

Reactions: 10
@dibdobdebb Deluded is the word x1000%

Saves them money? They have to be joking. I spent more on "bags of shite" as Emma Guns put it, during the time I was a member of the Freaks group than at any other time in my life. Almost all of the shite was sold or recommended by Hirons or another Freak. In the last few months since no longer being a member, my spending on skincare has been pretty minimal.
I feel the same entirely, since unfollowing and seeing the light as it were. I have saved money and reduced the amount of skincare I’ve bought stupidly in the past. I’ve got my oil cleanser, my tret, my acid, moisturiser and SPF and that’s me now and I’m mainly doing tret, moist and spf daily. No double cleansing, no multi layer serums, peptides and elixirs a plenty… I am still using the ones I have left as may as well use them up having spent a fortune. I have gifted a tit ton away to friends and fam too. I will never be ‘influenced’ again and that’s pretty awesome and probably thanks to these threads. So thanks all.

S
I feel the same entirely, since unfollowing and seeing the light as it were. I have saved money and reduced the amount of skincare I’ve bought stupidly in the past. I’ve got my oil cleanser, my tret, my acid, moisturiser and SPF and that’s me now and I’m mainly doing tret, moist and spf daily. No double cleansing, no multi layer serums, peptides and elixirs a plenty… I am still using the ones I have left as may as well use them up having spent a fortune. I have gifted a tit ton away to friends and fam too. I will never be ‘influenced’ again and that’s pretty awesome and probably thanks to these threads. So thanks all.
same, the amount I spent on skincare because of being influenced by Caroline is crazy. Since I stopped my skin looks so much better and so
Does my bank balance.

Reactions: 11
Not someone posting a humble brag picture with no less than thirteen bottles of SPF for their holiday like “iS tHiS EnOuGh” and then the others commenting below saying no. One person claiming they use a bottle a day. Then the familiar message “Admin turned off commenting on this post” 💀
reminds me of this old blog she had to go back and revise: https://www.carolinehirons.com/2013/08/post-holiday-empties-things-that.html
https://www.carolinehirons.com/2013/08/unexpected-bonus-of-having-small.html On the same trip they took '20/25 bottles of suncream/sun products with us on holiday.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Is it a requirement of the freaks group to have an illness and/or a behaviour/personality disorder?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I'm still using stuff up too, although I sold a lot and gave loads of products to family and friends. It makes me feel slightly ill to think about my previous, outrageous spending 🤢 I do like a peptide serum, but my daughter bought me the Ordinary Buffet at Christmas. I honestly can't tell the difference between that and Medik8 Liquid Peptides. It's about a third of the price though.

Although I'm on a 'low-buy' altogether for the foreseeable future, I have treated myself to a new bow stand (archery, not a stringed instrument) and new swimming costume - and both of these together cost way less than most of the products pushed by Hirons....and I use the word "pushed" deliberately. She bleeping knows a large number of the Freaks are addicted to buying things they can't afford. "Don't credit card your skincare" but "Buy my £295 kit with Clearpay". Morals of a sewer rat.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
reminds me of this old blog she had to go back and revise: https://www.carolinehirons.com/2013/08/post-holiday-empties-things-that.html
https://www.carolinehirons.com/2013/08/unexpected-bonus-of-having-small.html On the same trip they took '20/25 bottles of suncream/sun products with us on holiday.'
I’m cringing at the second post as well. One Claris face for the whole family (that’s not nearly enough), and ‘moving down’ spf, that’s hugely old fashioned, you just use the same one! So embarrassing

I'm still using stuff up too, although I sold a lot and gave loads of products to family and friends. It makes me feel slightly ill to think about my previous, outrageous spending 🤢 I do like a peptide serum, but my daughter bought me the Ordinary Buffet at Christmas. I honestly can't tell the difference between that and Medik8 Liquid Peptides. It's about a third of the price though.

Although I'm on a 'low-buy' altogether for the foreseeable future, I have treated myself to a new bow stand (archery, not a stringed instrument) and new swimming costume - and both of these together cost way less than most of the products pushed by Hirons....and I use the word "pushed" deliberately. She bleeping knows a large number of the Freaks are addicted to buying things they can't afford. "Don't credit card your skincare" but "Buy my £295 kit with Clearpay". Morals of a sewer rat.
Yeah agree, Clearpay nonsense is bs and they are just as bad for people as Klarna, I think Klarna take more fees than Clearpay, so her decision was probably more based on her own bottom line being effected adversely and not her consumers, that’s my cynical suspicion anyway. Even the ‘credit card a derm’ comment she often makes is irresponsible. How about suggesting getting down to your GP and get referral through NHS and save yourself some hard earned. Course not peeps, buy some out of date kit products and all problems are solved, that is of course until the next kit is out and then you have new problems and you better buy that… and repeat, repeat, repeat.

Reactions: 5
Another ‘Ask me anything’ this time ‘happily’ not skincare….
This is what your Instagram page is for!!!!!!

Angling for a new agony aunt slot on This Morning
now are you Nana?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 😜
New kit in July people - walk, don’t run, in fact walk like a sloth… 😆

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 😜
New kit in July people - walk, don’t run, in fact walk like a sloth… 😆

Apologies if this has already been discussed.
I wonder which ludicrously expensive sunscreen will be in it. Chantecaille (again) maybe? Or Kate Somerville......or both as the KS is sold as good for topping up on the go 🤔 Or there was that other one she reckoned she used recently which was well over £100. I can't even remember the brand now, but wondered at the time if she was priming the Freaks for its future inclusion in a kit 🙄

Goes without saying that I won't be buying a Kit, but will watch the sales with interest.

Reactions: 6
I wonder which ludicrously expensive sunscreen will be in it. Chantecaille (again) maybe? Or Kate Somerville......or both as the KS is sold as good for topping up on the go 🤔 Or there was that other one she reckoned she used recently which was well over £100. I can't even remember the brand now, but wondered at the time if she was priming the Freaks for its future inclusion in a kit 🙄

Goes without saying that I won't be buying a Kit, but will watch the sales with interest.
Zelens? He’s in every kit.
I wonder how she will play it this time? She announced the contents of the last one ahead of time and it took ages to sell so I think this time she will leave it very late to reveal the contents in order to drum up as much FOMO as possible.

@FINIFUS I’m so disappointed that your new bow stand isn’t for hair accessories a la Fergie in the 1980s! 😉😁

46F78DED-EE5B-4832-886F-87CDE7718CCF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.