Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ knows what that Space NK event is costing. None of these idiots need another £400 worth of product and a free meal at SH. I despair that this is what the beauty world is reduced to
And a free overnight stay!

Reactions: 2
Christ knows what that Space NK event is costing. None of these idiots need another £400 worth of product and a free meal at SH. I despair that this is what the beauty world is reduced to
This puts me off buying from space nk. If they have all this advertising budget to spend wooing some crappy instagrammers then they don’t need anymore of mine

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her manner with people is appalling. It's only skincare at the end of the day.

This puts me off buying from space nk. If they have all this advertising budget to spend wooing some crappy instagrammers then they don’t need anymore of mine
Don't fall for one of the events in Space NK stores where you pay to attend and then get make up in lieu of the entry price. About twenty years ago, I paid £50 to be made up by a so-called make up artist who probably works as a toilet cleaner the rest of the time - her work was that bad. I can do my makeup better myself. Afterwards, I tried to choose makeup items up to the value of the £50 entrance fee. I have never been put under so much pressure to spend more than that in my life. I ended up spending about £100 on stuff I didn't want just to get out of the place. It's pressure selling which is not easy to get away from if the person is standing about six inches away from you.

Is there any skincare/makeup pie left that CH doesn't have her big fat fingers stuck into. I mean no disrespect to makeup counter assistants, but that is all that CH really is. She just has a colossal brass neck to hold out to people that she is anything more. I doubt she had a pot to piss in before she jumped on the blogging bandwagon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
And influencers get either 20 or 30% off (can’t recall) at space nk on every purchase, all year round. That’s a lot the rest of us are subsidising.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
And influencers get either 20 or 30% off (can’t recall) at space nk on every purchase, all year round. That’s a lot the rest of us are subsidising.
Covers the cost of dinner at Soho House, including Nadine Baggot, Ruth Crilly, Lily Pebbles, Anna Edit and so on. I hope they left a generous tip :rolleyes:

Anything I can order from Space NK, I can get elsewhere. In store, the staff follow you round like a stale fart, I'm happy not to give them any more of my cash.

• Haha
Covers the cost of dinner at Soho House, including Nadine Baggot, Ruth Crilly, Lily Pebbles, Anna Edit and so on. I hope they left a generous tip :rolleyes:

Anything I can order from Space NK, I can get elsewhere. In store, the staff follow you round like a stale fart, I'm happy not to give them any more of my cash.
True, they make you feel like you are a shop lifter. If people in my nearest Spack NK go in to have a trial makeup for a wedding, they use all Chantecaille products which are extortionate. I've stood nearby listening when a final bill has come in at £400.

These people would crawl over broken glass to get into Soho House, especially if they're not picking up the tab.

Reactions: 8
I think the beauty world has always been the same with regards to swanky launches, but the hysteria of the stans is something new. I feel a bit sorry for them, because we all know that there is no product which is really life changing in the way they hope.

Reactions: 3
Caroline looks like a reverse Morticia Adams. Why is she so popular?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have watched her recent appearance on This Morning (via YouTube) and am baffled by the debit/credit card chat. You use your debit card for cheap skincare and if it’s expensive you buy it on credit? Did I hear that right? Difficult to know because she’s so rushed and out of breath. If so jfc how irresponsible.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Watching it now.

On jade rollers: "If it feels like because you're an old crone having hot flushes, go for it, but don't claim that it stimulates collagen"
Also Caroline [on a £55 serum]: "This stimulates collagen"

• Haha
Reactions: 13
You use your debit card for cheap skincare and if it’s expensive you buy it on credit? Did I hear that right? Difficult to know when she’s so rushed and out of breath.
It's not you. This is how she assuages her guilt at exhorting any/all followers to buy the priciest skincare available (because she knows it doesn't really do that much more than the basic stuff does). However, it's the expensive brands which pay her the most, so the statement that you should never buy skincare on a credit card gets wheezed out as a garbled afterthought. #conflicted

Reactions: 4
The price range on that feature was £26 to £62. If you have 2-3 children to feed and clothe, on the average wage, £26 is a big spend. No mention of the high street affordable products, and of course, no disclosure of interests i.e. OSKIA and Sunday Riley feature in that box of hers.

Reactions: 9
And has there ever been a remotely believable explanation as to how these boxes can offer such huge savings apart from “the profit margin on the regular price of all these products is beyond astronomical and only really indicative of the ceiling of what we think we can rinse you for, as opposed to an even vague reflection of what they cost to produce with a reasonable markup added” ?

Attachments

• Heart
So even on the rare occasion when they passive aggressively say ‘I paid for this’, they’ve had a hefty (undeclared) discount. Excellent! 😡

Reactions: 11
I often wonder how costing is worked out. .. all these "influencers"are given complimentary n in this case dinner ... etc.. i know there are marketing budgets but in the end it's taken from what's set as selling price of products. .in this case a box.. im yet to ever find a box where i think it's actually worth its price n suited for my skin ... usually no... I'd rather wait for a sale n buy what really need... CH boxes are for god knows what audience. ..the average person cant afford... also most skincare afficionados would have some if not all of the products so doesn't make much sense.. I wouldn't shell big £££ for backups...

Reactions: 3
So even on the rare occasion when they passive aggressively say ‘I paid for this’, they’ve had a hefty (undeclared) discount. Excellent! 😡
Discounts don't have to be declared then? Oh ffs.
Agree about Space NK assistants - every store I've ever been they are ghastly. Hovvering pretending to fiddle about with something right next to me not even disguising the fact they think I'm shoplifting. Then when you actually do want help they rush off to toady around a wealthy looking person.

Reactions: 8
You use your debit card for cheap skincare and if it’s expensive you buy it on credit?
she said what? How irresponsible is that? Barely a day goes by you dont read or hear some story about people being consumed by debts in some form or other. This Morning should be utterly ashamed......again.

The thing with the boxes is, if they're full size products with a massive saving, it just shows how massive the mark up is, because they wouldn't do them to lose money. I think they also take the full RRP rather than what they actually sell for. I also think they also sometimes offload stock which is either about to be discontinued or where the packaging/formulation is changing so they need to get rid of old overstock.

Where they are smaller sizes, it gets even shadier, because they work out the price based per ml of a full size RRP product and apply that, even though in reality they know no one would pay 20 quid for a tube of body lotion (or whatever it is) the size of their little finger, so essentially it should be a free sample - it has no perceived value as it's too small (even though the 5ml of a sample does have an actual value).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.