Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I‘m being lazy , did CH respond to that comment ?
I haven’t got a screen shot, can’t be arsed to go looking again. At first she pretended she didn’t know what they were on about, then she hit back with a bolshy post saying she was only seeing her family including her son who lives round the corner, or something.

DowntoearthDawn

VIP Member
Caroline’s eyebrows are looking much more groomed , as if they’d been taken care of recently 🤔🤔.

Is she on the TV any time soon ?,she’d not break lockdown , would she😉
She’s on This Morning tomorrow hence the eyebrows!!
Regarding her hair, if she’s so close to Josh her hairdresser, I’m sure she could have hit some mixed up.

Curio

Chatty Member
I find some of Caroline’s views abrasive. I don’t think that any influencer is perfect, but I have started taking better care of my skin because of her. I would never be stupid enough to buy Drunk Elephant just because she recommended it for example. The arrogance of that brand puts me right off!
Was she inferring that there shouldn’t be a language warning on podcasts she’s on where she swears? That’s weird, they’re standard?

leoladyxo

VIP Member
I know right?

the winter and summer skin kits are excellent value IF you would buy the majority of the products separately. I think she’s done really well there.

But the mugs and bookmarks?! I understand she’s putting some of the proceeds to support various BLM organisations but I just cannot get my head around the book marks. That’s what a contents page is for!

everyone loves a mug - but the slogans are SO tacky. She could have commissioned an artist to design something based on skin care - maybe supporting a black artist for example
Where are the mugs? I can’t find them on her website.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
The thing about Dr Dray is... I’m not sure she’s a qualified dermatologist. She did finish medical school, but I’m not sure she practised as a doctor for long, if at all. She’s too ill with anorexia to work (and I don’t mean that in an idle speculation way - it’s obvious how ill she is by looking at her).

Dr Sam Bunting is another one who apparently lies by omission when it comes to her dermatology qualifications. She isn’t a Consultant because she didn’t complete the training.
I knew about Dr Bunting not being all she purports, but I thought Dr Dray was a licensed practicing dermatologist, is this incorrect? I’ll be really disappointed if so! 😫

DreamyGal

VIP Member
I've been a follower/semi-fan for quite a few years now, and I've definitely seen a change in her. I think it might have a bit to do with the pressure of both of her adult children started working for her. And given that Jim is pretty much her business partner, we can assume that the "Caroline Hirons brand" pretty much supports the whole family now, so it makes sense that her choices have become more business-oriented. What I have more of an issue with is the TINY tiny pool of brands that she associates with and recommends on a regular basis. She is supposedly "one of the most influential skincare experts" in the business who champions brands that are rooted in Science, yet she has never heard of or tried brands such as SkinMedica, Sente, Neocutis, Defenage and iS Clinical, that's a bit bizarre really since those are some of the most scientifically advanced brands out there. And for someone who claims P50 to be one of her all-time favorite products, she doesn't seem to know anything about the hundreds of other SKUs Biologique Recherche has, makes you wonder if she will ever acknowledge brands that are unlikely to pay her (even Victoria Beckham had to pay for her BR products). Also her (and Sali Hughes') dismissive attitude towards K-beauty bothers me, I don't want to use the "r" word but it certainly sounds arrogant to say ALL brands and products coming out of a country are "trend-based" and "lack substance".
I agree with you RE k beauty i use it and it’s cheaper and does an excellent job their stuff like vitamin C etc is debatable
Also think she’s quite dismissive of TO
But she makes an excuse of its hard to get it’s really not no harder than what she ships from America

Keepitw0nky

Chatty Member
I think she’d look great with her natural colour, grey/white can look gorgeous and is a statement in itself