Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where are the bookmarks being sold? I didn’t realise she had all this merch

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I didn't know either, and I've just Googled it. Well.

She really is rinsing every last drop of the ‘fame’. Embarrassing the presenter for calling her a Fairy Godmother. He then sends her an apology. Who the hell does she think she is. How the hell she got TV work. Hopefully next year she’ll be chip wrappers and her book with be in the pound shop under BOGOF!!!

Reactions: 1
Burning question is whats in the book that we wouldn't already kniw as common sense ... something she hasn't spoken anout ? NOBODY is asking ... so what should we expect to learn from this book? Atleadt shes not constantly floggibg stuff n doing ads n swipe ups ... Buying it as a memento... is it .. most of the influencer world was given one free .. poor guys missed on the free kit .. as if they dont gave enough ...im happy Caroline had the sense to donate! waiting to read the Amazon reviews

Reactions: 1
I know right?

the winter and summer skin kits are excellent value IF you would buy the majority of the products separately. I think she’s done really well there.

But the mugs and bookmarks?! I understand she’s putting some of the proceeds to support various BLM organisations but I just cannot get my head around the book marks. That’s what a contents page is for!

everyone loves a mug - but the slogans are SO tacky. She could have commissioned an artist to design something based on skin care - maybe supporting a black artist for example
Where are the mugs? I can’t find them on her website.

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve tried the Japanfusion and wasn’t impressed, but will give the Plantastic one a shout once my Elemis balm is done
I use all the balms, Elemis and Emma Hardie are ones I always go back to. However this Plantastic one smells fresher and fruitier whereas the Elemis one is quite perfumery if you know what I mean. Works as well. Plantastic all the way for me now as I like some of the other BP products so am happy to order from there. I know what you mean about the Japan Fusion cleanser; it is alright but nothing special. I like it for holiday though as it is easy to transport than the big balm containers. I love the Japan Fusion moisturiser though - that is another product I repeat buy.

The merch is like all the shite from some internet sensation that my niece asks me to buy. Absolute tat. Except this tat is for grown adults. Cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Disappointed there's nothing "I invented double cleansing" themed there. (She did claim that on Instagram a couple of years ago)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Disappointed there's nothing "I invented double cleansing" themed there. (She did claim that on Instagram a couple of years ago)
I remember that! And didn't some brand invent a double cleanser and CH went ape because they didn't credit her with double cleansing?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just wanted to go onto Space NK and buy my tinted moisturiser and she’s there too. Wtf? Since when do they sell books. She is bleeping everywhere

82E3FE35-0077-4652-A2B0-222BFB228C28.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I remember that! And didn't some brand invent a double cleanser and CH went ape because they didn't credit her with double cleansing?
You’re right! It wasn’t that long ago and I can’t recall which brand, or person, but they talked about double cleansing either on telly or in an article and she went light, saying how she’d coined the term and should have at least been given a mention.

• Haha
Where are the mugs? I can’t find them on her website.
not sure when they go on sale. Think she’s ‘testing’ them.

I think there will be a few mugs, she showed us one on IGTV recently. I don’t know why anyone would buy it. Get In The Sea is pretty aggressive to have on a mug. I don’t understand it! I definitely do not understand the bookmarks!
She’s also just posted a link to her @skinrocks account on Instagram. No idea what this separate account is for.

As for her book, the small snippets I’ve seen clearly show the same info you can obtain for free on her site. It looks like it’s written in The Sun language. My English teacher in school said The Sun and other tabloids are written in a very simple format, short sentences etc so everyone can understand and it holds the readers attention (if they have a short attention span). Caroline’s book is similar.

God knows why but I bought Mrs Hinchs cleaning book last year - waste of money. It’s like a high school book. Suspect CH’s will be the same.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.