Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So...she’s been demanding shops send everyone home, called our boots in particular apart from pharmacy staff. Why is she encouraging people to buy non essential goods from a company she’s called out for putting staff at risk? Anything for money, absolutely disgusting

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Is she belatedly trying to stay on their good side? Offering to “manage their reputation” for them?

For money, obvs.

Reactions: 1
So...she’s been demanding shops send everyone home, called our boots in particular apart from pharmacy staff. Why is she encouraging people to buy non essential goods from a company she’s called out for putting staff at risk? Anything for money, absolutely disgusting
She has got double standards if you called her out she would say she has to support her family, errr just give them your free steaks. So crass doing a paid for AD at this time,

Reactions: 2
I give you Mrs. ‘My Livelihood is Threatened’! Hardly a balanced expression of different views.

B241D21E-1D68-47CD-BBF3-FC17B5A5AB7D.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 6
Having been on her group briefly I can confirm a lot of it is about collecting things like £75 lipsticks. She can now pretend it is a public service for stressed people but it was she who was flogging her own 'kits' costing nearly £300 and telling people who voiced concerns - 'duck off this is MY group'.

Reactions: 13
Dear me...someone has had her buttons pushed.

Keeping clean is important, but to assert skincare is essential? Sorry love, but you can't eat skincare, nor can you use it to treat any medical condition (including acne). Right now, that makes it non-essential.

And giving out codes to buy another bloody moisturiser through Boots at a time when it takes 5+ hours to get on the site is totally irresponsible. People need incontinence supplies, sanitary supplies, baby equipment, first aid items (all things that really are essential even if not prescription) and are stuck if they can't get them because you've exhorted your followers to buy another moisturiser they don't need and have it delivered.

She can now pretend it is a public service for stressed people but it was she who was flogging her own 'kits' costing nearly £300 and telling people who voiced concerns - 'duck off this is MY group'.
And there is no way anyone in her group doesn't have a huge stash of stuff that can be used up now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And there is no way anyone in her group doesn't have a huge stash of stuff that can be used up now.
... the naive newcomers that are yet to build their routine, might not bring enough business if they encounter any unpleasant idea that we should leave online orders for real necessities.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think as well she is deliberately confusing basic cheap completely adequate skincare with spending vast amounts on luxury items, with more and more steps in the routine influencers tell you are vital.
Her faux outrage is about trying to defend buying stuff she recommends (and gets paid to recommend) rather than actually being helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I couldn't ever read through the whole thing as I could hear her screaming in my ear. But, wouldn't it be better to stop eating crap if your skin is breaking out because of it? Since you know the actual cause of your breakouts? Don't need any treatment other than that?

The best way you can take care of yourself is to ignore the "advice" of a pushy saleswoman.

• Haha
#firstworldproblems

I'm all for caring about yourself (and loved ones) and of course you need essentials, but really, the world won't end if you just stopped buying new stuff for a couple of weeks. And who knows, maybe your skin might actually be glad to have a bit of a rest, too.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Thistles if only she would have made half of your proposals in her rant. Just to get a tiny feeling she lives in the same world as the rest of us.

Reactions: 2
@Thistles if only she would have made half of your proposals in her rant. Just to get a tiny feeling she lives in the same world as the rest of us.
Sorry deleted my post, but just checked on her insta (guess the rant was elsewhere) and up pops 2 videos of her affiliating links to cleansers, and then trying to justify people buying a new #ad moisturiser, just tone deaf. People are saying the queues are horrendous, but this is somehow deemed a vital purchase. But yeah at a time like this when people may run out or not have access to essential things like hand cream and hand wash, why not talk about multi purposing what we already have, and also maybe to use those 1st step balms as a face mask, hair mask etc? People in the comments seem to have so much trust in Caroline, rather than stepping back and realising the content she's putting out hasn't adapted at all, take it as QVC

• Angry
The best way you can take care of yourself is to ignore the "advice" of a pushy saleswoman.
Haven't she and Sali Hughes both said they see far more women now with inflamed and congested skin? And I am sure I read a dermatologist said the same (a proper one).
It surely can't be coincidence that the overload of product and insertion of more and more stages into a crowded routine - plus the relatively unknown result of the cocktail of products - is probably to blame? Add then retinoids and acids and is it any wonder skin has gone haywire?
I am always amazed at the amount of products Sali uses at night when she shows them on IG. Sometimes about 6 bottles of stuff.
Maybe a much simpler routine now will help people.

Reactions: 11
Like others, this is really bringing out the worst in CH. Trying desperately to stay relevant, jumping on whatever bandwagon they think will do that. Surely people are looking at her shill and are turned off. Millions of people have looked after their skin prior to the ‘influencer culture’. People are not stupid, they know how to clean and moisturise their skin, they don’t need to put £ in CH‘s pocket to do that.

Reactions: 8
I apologise if this has been discussed ad nauseam, but what did she do to piss off Drunk Elephant? Do we know if she and Stephanie Nicole are still social media buddies? Can't picture that being a friendship for the books. Both of them are extremely opinionated, bossy, and inflexible to say the least.

Edit: I'm surprised she's discussing/promoting Sunday Riley at all. Weren't they the ones that got caught writing fake reviews for their products on Sephora? I don't care if their products will wine me, dine me, and give me an orgasm, I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She used to promote Sunday Riley, then she stopped for a while (years, actually) and then she started again. What a coincidence...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Years ago she was all over SR and then out of nowhere stopped. When asked about it, she did her usual Vaguebooking style response "I won't give them the oxygen". She was quizzed on why and never responded. And then a few years later, as if nothing had ever happened, SR products are being mentioned again

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.