Caroline Hirons #13 Tell us the truth, you live in the house that belonged to Ruth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've also seen the little drama under Michelle's post and immediatly thought of Caroline! She was the one who campaigned agaist wipes. The thing is, I don't like wipes myself either, I tend to find them not drenched enough and they make me feel itchy. However, wipes are not the antichrist as these lunatics with no nuance make them out to be. "You use wipes? Oh the humanities!!" Why must everything be either "in the bin" or a holy grail? It's just skin care.

Reactions: 11
I always have simple wipes on the go, I am once again unashamed. Bite me Caroline!
Of course I cleanse but...

Reactions: 4
I've never used wipes on my faces but if it works for you, why not?
Does she hate baby wipes, too? I'm sure they'd actually need a double cleanse, too!

Reactions: 6
I’ve got to say, I adore Michelle and normally agree with her but I HATE facewipes. I don’t think they’re ‘bad’ for your skin but I don’t think they clean it properly and they are terrible for the environment. So although I love LabMuffin and detest CH, I have to say I agree with CH on this one (ouch, that hurts to say)…

Reactions: 14
I’ve got to say, I adore Michelle and normally agree with her but I HATE facewipes. I don’t think they’re ‘bad’ for your skin but I don’t think they clean it properly and they are terrible for the environment. So although I love LabMuffin and detest CH, I have to say I agree with CH on this one (ouch, that hurts to say)…
Agree don't think facewipes do a great job and are terrible for the environment. I'm not totally anti wipes as I do appreciate the convenience and sometimes it's all you can do but I'd rather have a proper wash personally.

Reactions: 17
Michelle discusses this a bit in a blog post @Simba88 and @Libertine1975
https://labmuffin.com/wash-your-face-with-no-sink-cleansing-myths-with-video/
Look – makeup wipes aren’t great for the environment, and if they’re the only product you ever use for cleansing, that might be a problem. A lot of makeup wipes rely mostly on solvents, which won’t work very efficiently for removing make-up and sunscreen. There are some that contain similar surfactants to micellar water though, which should work a lot better.

Apart from not removing makeup properly, ineffective wipes mean that people tend to rub really hard on their face, leading to irritation. And if you’re using these every single day, the wipe itself can act as a physical exfoliant. If your skin barrier isn’t quite up to daily physical exfoliation, that can also irritate your skin.

There’s also the waste issue. A lot of makeup wipes are made with plastic, so daily use can be a bit wasteful.

So using makeup wipes occasionally isn’t a problem – makeup wipes aren’t liquid evil, but they’re probably not the best option for your regular cleansing routine.
She's not saying to use them all the time, just that they're not the absolute worst. Which is my position too. There's a time and place and especially for people in hospital or dealing with mental illness or people with disabilities they're super useful.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
ugh the "woe is me" posts from NHS staff on the freaks group is so emabrrassing, "cant go to the pop up cause im working all weekend, id be broke if i didnt, all our wards are full, going to treat myself to a new box if it comes out before christmas" ughhhhhhhhhhh can't drop any more hints of "send me a free box" eh? :rolleyes:

• Sick
  • Haha
ugh the "woe is me" posts from NHS staff on the freaks group is so emabrrassing, "cant go to the pop up cause im working all weekend, id be broke if i didnt, all our wards are full, going to treat myself to a new box if it comes out before christmas" ughhhhhhhhhhh can't drop any more hints of "send me a free box" eh? :rolleyes:
Starting to really get to me. I have friends that were furloughed for ages and then lost their jobs. Friends that were unable to open their salons for months. Friends that have policed all manner of events during the pandemic.
NhS staff are not the only ones that have worked through the pandemic.

This Morning alert. 11.50 - turn the tv off
But Twitter is always good value when she's on

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
I saw her on This Morning. It was quite odd. She seemed so waffly and unhelpful in answer to people's queries when she is so definite and bolshy on other mediums. Plus as mentioned in Twitter the 'don't drink alcohol' as regards rosacea.

Reactions: 9
I saw her on This Morning. It was quite odd. She seemed so waffly and unhelpful in answer to people's queries when she is so definite and bolshy on other mediums. Plus as mentioned in Twitter the 'don't drink alcohol' as regards rosacea.
She was incredibly flustered and hesitant to give clear answers which is what the hell she was there for . And obviously thrilled to be sparring with Paddy McGuinness. The giggling was mortifying. She’s an arse.

Oh… And rosacea sufferers aren’t all boozers but you just labelled them all. Jesus Caroline wtf is going on with you?

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I think telling rosacea sufferers not to drink is like telling people with UTIs to wee after sex and drinks lots of water blah blah. WE KNOW! It’s the advice equivalent of telling a firefighter to put out a fire with a water pistol.

I have Rosacea. I rarely drink, but when I do it is far more noticeable. I find red wine triggers it more than anything

Reactions: 6
Saw this on Instagram and chuckled…didn’t Caroline name check/show some beauty advent calendars only a few weeks back?!

Also the Freaks all comment on how they purchase multiple kits/show shelves full of multiple products (admittedly likely to be full size) - surely this isn’t great in the fight against plastic. As in encourages needless purchases instead of using what you have and then replacing as and when.

7A55BBE6-2725-477F-AE24-059F71E066E6.jpeg

ETA: Snap @Artheusa

Reactions: 10
Again with the hypocrisy. It’s not just miniatures, it’s all the full size stuff that she actively encourages her followers to overbuy and hoard, which then are never used, go out of date and end up thrown away.

I’d like to know if she’s now refusing and sending back all the repeat products, beauty boxes and advent calendars she’s being sent.

Reactions: 20
Again with the hypocrisy. It’s not just miniatures, it’s all the full size stuff that she actively encourages her followers to overbuy and hoard, which then are never used, go out of date and end up thrown
Yes and those Dennis Gross Acid pads that are no doubt ‘hall of fame’ - two non-recyclable sachets that are lined with foiled plastic and 2 wipes in the bin with every treatment.

• Sick
Reactions: 26
Saw this on Instagram and chuckled…didn’t Caroline name check/show some beauty advent calendars only a few weeks back?!

Also the Freaks all comment on how they purchase multiple kits/show shelves full of multiple products (admittedly likely to be full size) - surely this isn’t great in the fight against plastic. As in encourages needless purchases instead of using what you have and then replacing as and when.

View attachment 832476

ETA: Snap @Artheusa
I mean, I found a lot of products I love and now use regularly via the Liberty advent calendar. Definitely better imo than committing to a full size of something. And I did use to use all the minis etc in the before times, when travelling. As with everything, it seems people have forgotten about moderation... it doesn't really have to be all or nothing, does it?!

Reactions: 7
I remember when Hirons not that long ago raffled a SUITCASE of skincare, throwing in the Liberty advent calendar as an extra bonus, for charity. A suitcase of product being won by one person who couldn’t possibly use it all in a year.

Don’t start preaching when you’re now flogging beauty kits every other month that you whip your freaks into a frenzy for even though they neither need them or can (in some cases) afford them.

Just duck off.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.