Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
Grabs popcorn for Freaks thread asking ‘what’s the most you’ve ever spent in one go on skincare?’.. highest so far is $1k 😱😱

Grateful for the one person commenting saying it’s just bragging 😂
It’s awful isn’t it?
Reminds me of the Daily Mail who like to mention how much a person’s house is worth.
e.g. Jack Ripper, who lives in a terraced house in Whitechapel, worth £525,000, was detained by police today…

• Haha
Reactions: 27

Wobblehead

VIP Member
I think she should have added that she was an "NHS" worker somewhere to secure said kit. Still, a brave effort I feel.
The holy grail top 10 is as follows
1. NHS worker, best to be a nurse as most kudos, on the lower pay end…. NHS worker wouldn’t work if you were a surgeon
2. Recent bereavement…
3. Fertility struggles, after you have been a surrogate for friends and family
4. Serious illness or waiting for tests results
5. Maybe a poorly child
6. Lost pet
7. Fiancée/husband/boyfriend left you or had an affair
8. Lost job
9. Ghosted by a friend
10. House fire burnt all skincare

• Haha
Reactions: 26

MakkaPakka

VIP Member
Why is it depressing how quickly women can turn on each other? The real misogyny here is Hirons and Hughes continually publicly holding women to far higher standards than they ever would men (not that they adhere to those standards themselves obviously - just expect it from others). Sali's concern over Charlotte Tilbury's insecurities over always wearing makeup is quite disingenuous. In an In the Bathroom with Caitlin Moran they both concluded that women who didn't want to be seen without makeup had 'mental problems'. How is that for making women feel insecure?

They've both relied heavily on women's insecurities in order to sell products. They can both fuck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Cosmicquestions

I’m a lurker but I feel like I should confess here that I just took my make up off with a nip and fab glycolic pad and it’s not the first time.
I feel it’s a 2 in one job appropriate for the odd occasion where even finding a wipe is too much effort. I’ll deal with the mascara in the morning.
Ps I still have a face despite this, but I’m 38 so I think that means my tits have gone somewhere or something

• Haha
Reactions: 25

Ninetiesbitxh

Oooop we have a “fiancé just left me so I need to save money but I still want a kit” on the group already…

• Sick
  • Wow

50sGirl

VIP Member
Exactly!
Somebody asked why eating sugar was bad for your skin, the two top rated comments were from normal people saying life’s too short, eat the chocolate, then this from CH 🙄View attachment 746101
Then some absolute nutter posts claiming bread is poison.. I’ve only just woke up but I’m too tired for this shite 😂
Yet the skincare guru is often seen swigging regular Coke in her Instagram lives! 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow

Wobblehead

VIP Member
Another one, mum died and she can’t afford the kit due to funeral costs. Jesus when my mum died I wasn’t thinking about posting on a beauty launch page.

• Wow
  • Sick

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I really can't get over the begging. If you can't afford something, you can't afford it. Simple as that. You save up or you go without or get something within your price range. That's just life. Those kind of posts should be shut down as they just take advantage of the kindness of strangers but it suits Caroline to turn a blind eye as it's still sales for her

• Heart
Reactions: 24

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
"A veteran of the industry " :sick::sick:
If she actually cared she would get people with clout in the industry together to lobby them to update it, you know, actually do something? But no , it's far more satisfying to aimlessly rant and shout into the void and then move onto the next thing. She's great and pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong but God forbid you do the same to her...
She's the Father Jack of skincare. Arse! Feck!! SPF!!!

• Haha

particularparsnip

I always find the religous 'no washing face in shower' thing and the horror when people do so funny like I'm sorry but I'm never going to stand at the sink and wash my face (and probably get water all over the bathroom floor because I have no control lol) and then get in the shower and do everything else, I'm just not. I just turn the water temp down, do my face, then turn it back up again and make sure to rinse any shampoo residue I might have off at the end of my shower too, just in case. Job done.
My face is still very much attached to my skull, my skin actually looks pretty good most of the time and I'm just never going to believe people who say it is a cardinal sin because it really isn't (for my skin).
Also I'm never going to use a cleanser that is more than like £7, it's on my skin for seconds then goes down the drain I'm just not doing it. My current cleansers are £4.99 and £6.99 (for a massive tub of aqueous cream for my eczema prone skin that lasts literally 9 months). No shade if you have a spenny cleanser you love or does wonders for your skin, just for my budget I just couldn't do it.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
The Freaks remind me of the Loose Women panel
They behave like they are constantly on a hen do. Or preparing to go on a hen do.
It must be so tiring to be so competitively 'girly' and lascivious.
I bet they are probably all perfectly pleasant and sensible irl. There just seems to be mass hysteria and a race to the bottom to prove how daft they are once they get on that group.

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Still laughing my ass off at the idea of a best man wedding speeches closing line telling everyone to wear SPF so as not to disappoint Caroline and then the grinning like a Cheshire cat at the end. Who even plans to grin like a Cheshire cat? No toast, no best wishes to the couple, a lecture and a mention of a skincare blogger most guests won't even have heard of.

I also don't understand the freaks obsession with turning their partners/ husbands into clones of themselves. So strange

• Haha

50sGirl

VIP Member
Freaks are (mostly) all applauding Dermalogica and CH for refunding them.
Erm how about it should never have happened in the first place?!
Honestly she can do no wrong in their eyes and she knows it,
There was one lone voice who stated she was not very impressed. Bet she’ll be removed soon.

I also saw some people saying they’ve still not had a dispatch email for their kit. She’s had their money over a week now.
But, hey that’s fine because she’s such a small company!

In her defence, she has been busy…

42DBF4FB-0014-4839-BF06-E996443718B5.gif

• Haha