Caroline Hirons #11 Is it the X Factor circa 2005 or a skincare group?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she actually for real she spent the go fund me money as above £5.1k on remembering a baby?

it’s not nice what she went through but lots of people experience loss with babies and don’t receive that amount of money.

why admin allowed that post ill never know

Reactions: 12
I mean really it was a little pre-kit release beg, alongside some blog promotion.

My heart breaks for her and her family. But grieving the loss of a baby feels like such a private and personal 'journey', and one strangers in a skincare group don't need to be participating in. I could just be an hole.

Reactions: 16
I mean really it was a little pre-kit release beg, alongside some blog promotion.

My heart breaks for her and her family. But grieving the loss of a baby feels like such a private and personal 'journey', and one strangers in a skincare group don't need to be participating in. I could just be an hole.
If you are an asshole I am one too. I just don’t understand the need for the sharing like this. The fact that there was money involved doesn’t sit right with me. Sorry if that is harsh.

Reactions: 17

If you are an asshole I am one too. I just don’t understand the need for the sharing like this. The fact that there was money involved doesn’t sit right with me. Sorry if that is harsh.
I feel the same way too. It’s as though she monetised her grief. Awful.

Reactions: 18
She could’ve donated the money to a pregnancy loss or children’s health charity…

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I find it distasteful when people make monetary gain from a passing. It's really private thing and then the blog link

Reactions: 13
5.1k, apparently
To be spent on memorial things apparently.
As someone else said, you don’t spend £5000 on that. Buy a keepsake, a piece of jewellery, a bench and a plant perhaps and then donate the rest to help others who have lost a baby.
Was the photo for sympathy? Has the GoFundMe closed for donations now? I hope so.

Reactions: 12
To be spent on memorial things apparently.
As someone else said, you don’t spend £5000 on that. Buy a keepsake, a piece of jewellery, a bench and a plant perhaps and then donate the rest to help others who have lost a baby.
Was the photo for sympathy? Has the GoFundMe closed for donations now? I hope so.
Just went and had a nose.... No it isn't closed to donations 😕. Doesn't feel right to me either, giving someone 5 grand to spend on whatever. People every day go through loss, it's sad, but part of life and I'm not sure how giving someone money makes it feel any easier. If it were for funeral costs that's more understandable but that doesn't appear to be the aim. Would have been better to pick a charity and people donate in baby's memory if they wish.

• Heart
Just went and had a nose.... No it isn't closed to donations 😕. Doesn't feel right to me either, giving someone 5 grand to spend on whatever. People every day go through loss, it's sad, but part of life and I'm not sure how giving someone money makes it feel any easier. If it were for funeral costs that's more understandable but that doesn't appear to be the aim. Would have been better to pick a charity and people donate in baby's memory if they wish.
It's like the go fund me for TheNursemum's son who tragically died aged 3...a fund was set up to pay for his funeral( and legal costs) ...its still open and there's £46,000 now been raised after an initial target of £10,000 ( call me sceptical but that's more than enough for a funeral and memorial)

• Wow
I get extremely bad vibes from that poster. 1k was for comfort skincare wtf. Then she came back saying they needed more money so the husband could take time off work. There hasn't been a word out of her since, no involvement in the group whatsoever (maybe understandable given the circs)
But its still strange, signposting traffic to her blog where she writes in detail about her story with a link to the go fund me. Nope. Nope. Nope.
Shouldn't be allowed but people are afraid to call her out. What happened was tragic, you never get over something like that but I'd call her out all day long...because its not educational or helpful shes on the make.

One would hope not; that Go Fund Me got £5.1k of an original £1k target. That’s a lot of stuff!
She can get
It's like the go fund me for TheNursemum's son who tragically died aged 3...a fund was set up to pay for his funeral( and legal costs) ...its still open and there's £46,000 now been raised after an initial target of £10,000 ( call me sceptical but that's more than enough for a funeral and memorial)
Considering you dont pay for children's funerals, its more than enough.

I've been there and can't get my head round it at all. It almost seems like with everyone living and competing on social media, that children's funerals are becoming huge extravagent events and you can't say anything critical against it because of the reason behind it.

Of course we all grieve differently and life should absolutely be celebrated but its bordering now on the social media aspect and gaining likes and popularity now and as a back up to beg for deals and freebies

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The admins should never have let it grow legs in the way that it did. As soon as the virtue signalling freak set up the GFM the discussion should have been shut down

The admins should never have let it grow legs in the way that it did. As soon as the virtue signalling freak set up the GFM the discussion should have been shut down
Exactly but she's been allowed to return again and again. Totally weird.

Reactions: 6
They can't turn around now and delete the post at this stage. This is why it should have been nipped in the bud from the get go.

Reactions: 10
They can't turn around now and delete the post at this stage. This is why it should have been nipped in the bud from the get go.
Yes they’re between a rock and a hard place.
Delete or not authorise her posts and they’ll come across as unsympathetic.
Let her post and it will continue.
Was there any need for the photo or was that just to garner more sympathy?
Yes, it’s dreadful what she’s been through but to use it to make money is so wrong.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.