Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mental health services within the NHS are severely underfunded and straining at the seems, it's true. But surely Caroline's management would have been able to get her admitted to the priory or some such place as a means of helping through this crisis time, as well as beefing up their case that she was too unwell to be tried? Was she was an amazing actress at appearing well? No, because the paramedics were called the night before. She was let down badly by her 'team'. But as I said, I think the antidepressants she was taking need much closer scrutiny.

Rapid Response:
Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages
https://www.bmj.com/content/358/bmj.j3697/rr-4
The FDA admitted in 2007 that SSRIs can cause madness at all ages and that the drugs are very dangerous; otherwise daily monitoring wouldn’t be needed: “Families and caregivers of patients should be advised to look for the emergence of such symptoms on a day-to-day basis, since changes may be abrupt” ... “All patients being treated with antidepressants for any indication should be monitored appropriately and observed closely for clinical worsening, suicidality, and unusual changes in behavior, especially during the initial few months of a course of drug therapy, or at times of dose changes, either increases or decreases. The following symptoms, anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, impulsivity, akathisia (psychomotor restlessness), hypomania, and mania, have been reported in adult and pediatric patients being treated with antidepressants” (1).
Such daily monitoring is, however, a fake fix. People cannot be monitored every minute and many have committed SSRI-induced suicide or homicide within a few hours after everyone thought they were perfectly okay. https://www.bmj.com/content/358/bmj.j3697/rr-4

Reactions: 3
Just a couple of things.

No one under the age of 18 charged with assault by beating is granted anonymity.

She would have had a fair trial. There is no jury involved at a magistrate's court, only three magistrates who preside. And they most probably would never even have heard of Caroline Flack (I can say this pretty confidently as my partner is a magistrate, chair in training, and he is one of the youngest in his area at the age of 48) although obviously they would be aware of the press attention. They can only find on the evidence presented in court and they also have a qualified legal adviser there (who basically runs the court) to ensure they are doing everything by the book as far as sentencing. I have been to observe!

My partner absolutely thinks she should have pled guilty at the first opportunity.
I meant by being famous the world knows your business etc...I dont think anyone knows what my ex partner did to me apart from the court and those involved.
It wasnt plastered in newspapers etc and he probably lied to his friends. It wasnt all over social media. So in a way his not known for what he did unlike caroline

You know there’s a presumption of innocence in this country. I’m really shocked reading what some people are writing in here with minimal actual facts.

Hang on. I thought your partner (a magistrate) is meant not to have heard of Caroline Flack. You are also saying that magistrates only make a decision based on “evidence presented in court”. Interesting. So has your partner seen all the evidence then to say so categorically that Caroline should have “pled guilty at the first opportunity”. Or has he just relied on the tabloid press? I thought that magistrates didn’t read that stuff you said? I thought you said she’d have a “fair trial”.

Seriously. We know barely anything about the facts involved in all this.Maybe Caroline pled not guilty because she didn’t do it. What happened to the ‘presumption of innocence’ that magistrates are meant to uphold.
If you're going to be so literal about things....

I never said my partner hadn't heard of Caroline Flack.

Magistrates can only make a legal judgement on the evidence presented in court, the same as juries.

I never made any comment at all on the reading material of the judiciary.

The comment about pleading guilty was actually in response to me saying Caroline Flack was apparently scared of a "show trial". It's called an opinion. Even magistrates are allowed to have them.

Reactions: 9
I thought it had been reported that actually the blood was hers
According to my friend it was- she had actually tried to slash her own throat, that was how the whole thing came about. She read texts on his phone while he was asleep and began self harming with a kitchen knife. He woke and tried to stop her. The hitting him in the head with the lamp was as a result of him trying to get the knife off her and she picked up the first thing to hand to fend him off. Almost all of the blood at the scene was hers.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
According to my friend it was- she had actually tried to slash her own throat, that was how the whole thing came about. She read texts on his phone while he was asleep and began self harming with a kitchen knife. He woke and tried to stop her. The hitting him in the head with the lamp was as a result of him trying to get the knife off her and she picked up the first thing to hand to fend him off. Almost all of the blood at the scene was hers.
Wow that’s so desperately sad

• Sad
Now Katona's getting in on the act when it would appear that the extent of their friendship was the exchange of a few messages on Instagram 🙄

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Honestly some of these comments are so upsetting. Have you ever been in that situation? In that place where you genuinely feel like you have no other option? Crying, numb, frightened, yet pumping with something. It’s a very dark place to be. I don’t mean a down day, I mean soul destroying, heart wrenching pain. Physically and mentally exhausted. All you can think of doing is wanting to die.
I’ve been there. I’ve been to the bleeping pits but I was found. My sister found me in time. If she hadn’t of come round that night to unexpectedly check on me, I wouldn’t be here. It is hell. Coming back from that is hell when you were convinced you were finally gonna end it all. That doesn’t make me a coward for it being a suicide attempt, not an actual suicide.
it hurts like hell. I’ve fought my mind so many times without people knowing. I’ve put on that front and convinced everyone I was ok. You’ve no idea of the pain and isolation you feel. Alone and better for everyone else if you’re not here anymore.
People are shocked. People are well within their right to pay their respects. You’ve no idea the reasons behind the post, the relationships they had, the memories shared. I’ve had someone to close to me pass away and sometimes I’ve wanted the reassurance and kind words from people around me. People live their lives on social media. Why can’t they show this too? This is real life, this tit still bleeping happens and I think so much awareness should be raised about it. There is still so much stigma around it and people have no idea how complex it actually is.
People need to know that support is there, even if it is just to talk. Sometimes that one message can make a whole lot of difference.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

An author already cashing in on Caroline’s death and trying to justify it by donating a ‘share’ of the profits to a cyber bullying charity. 🤬
She released her biography already. Storm in a C cup. People will no doubt buy this but only to get the gossip on what happened that night, not because they are I terested or wanting to understand her.

Oh, that's quite a bit longer than just popping to the shops.

Not that her friend is to blame in any way AT ALL.
I was wondering. A pop to the shops isn't usually enough time for an overdose so I wondered if she'd hung herself.

But then reports are saying the was pronounced dead at the scene after paramedics confirmed she was unresponsive so if she was alone for 5 hours, I'm guessing it was overdose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think all these celebrities posting/getting on the bandwagon by stating how heartbroken/sad/devastated they are more than likely do not have much experience in dealing with death. It’s a hard emotion to come to terms with when you don t actually know the person but have had exposure to them through media. I am a nurse in a critical care setting and have had to deal with many patient deaths. When new staff come and experience their first death which may be unexpected, come from a tragic situation they mostly all comment that they don t how you do it day in day out. Why are nt you in tears? How can you move into looking after the next patient ? Why are nt you affected? How I explain it to them is that it’s not your grief. It’s not your right to be heartbroken/devastated. That is reserved for the family and friends. You can find the situation so very sad and have utter sympathy for the family but it is in no way about you. The family do not need you to part any of your sadness into them. Your job is to be a support to the family. You have a knot in your stomach for them knowing what they will be dealing with in the coming days/weeks/years but you , yourself, are not heartbroken. I think these people who did not know Caroline but are outpouring their grief have the lines blurred a little. It may be they have never had to deal with a death - tragic or not and emotions are all mixed up. Of course we have seen that some have their own agenda. It’s is an utterly tragic situation and so very sad. X

• Heart
Reactions: 30
[
Interesting comment for him to make.
i
Now Katona's getting in on the act when it would appear that the extent of their friendship was the exchange of a few messages on Instagram 🙄

to be fair to Kerry the messages she did send Caroline seemed caring and supportive.

Reactions: 15
Look at her pupils - it's obvious. And I've never taken an illegal drug in my life but I know what cocaine does to your eyes.
I suspect it could possibly be to do with her mental health. I worked for years with people with mental health issues and people often look 'dead behind the eyes' their eyes have a certain look about them. They do say 'the eyes are the windows to our souls'.....

• Sad
Long time reader here but never had anything to add to posts till now. I have a very different take on Caroline Flack and it comes from working with and studying narcissistic personalities and narcissistic personality disorder.

Obviously, I can’t say for sure/could never diagnose but here is a different take on what may have happened. Caroline appears to strongly fit the personality traits of a narcissist, and follows the traits of a domestic abuse perpetrator to the letter almost. Targets men whom are much younger, whom she can make believe they are lucky to be with her, whom may be financially dependent on her due to age etc, and other factors. She looks much younger than she is (a common trait amongst those who groom younger victims) and is deemed young and beautiful. When a person is labelled this way, people find it hard to associate them with a crime or the capacity to do bad things. This is especially true of a woman. However, Caroline has a history of very questionable relationships (eg Harry Styles) and quite often, if she had not been a woman, or had not been labelled a young and beautiful woman, would have had much harsher criticism (many times, rightly so).

A narcissist will do anything to avoid criticism and what they feel contradicts their own high opinion of themselves.They revel in adoration, make their victims feel like things are their fault and I have known of many cases where a narcissist will indeed attempt suicide, or actually has committed suicide, in order to complete the ultimate act against their intended victim; to make their victim feel it was their fault, they caused the death, they're a bad person etc. This then causes so many issues for the victim and prevents them often from speaking out against any potential abusive relationships in the future.

Considering that Caroline has committed suicide prior to the impending court case, her lawyers (apparently) having told her the strong possibility of a custodial sentence, the fact further details which may be quite harrowing will come out and so on, this may have been too much for her to consider as it doesn’t equate with her own view of herself. In addition, it could just be a further act of violence against her boyfriend. A case of “Look what you made me do” so to speak. It could also be that she never actually intended to commit suicide but that she attempted it to make those around her further feel how isolated she was etc and for the press to then change the way in which they report. None of these things would be uncommon in such a personality.

The world we now live in has gone to the extreme regarding mental health. Everyone, everywhere, has a story about it or has a mental health issue or knows someone who does. This isn’t the case. Genuine mental health issues are not as common place and cannot be treated by simply CBT and chatting to a friend etc. They require so much more than that. To downplay them, which the rise of social media has done, has done real sufferers so much harm and has clogged the system.

For people now to be saying Caroline was troubled, she was a beautiful person, be kind yet then blame others or go on her boyfriends accounts and post utter vitriol, is all wrong. The facts are she WAS an abuser, she committed a crime, she WAS violent, and she committed suicide and that was HER choice. No amount of press, ITV, Love Island, the CPS, the police etc will have made her ultimately choose to end her life. I don’t see it as a way out for her, she could have easily come back if she was prepared to apologise for what she had done, complete the court case etc. She would have had PR and/or family/friends advising her what to wear to court/do/say and she choose to seemingly ignore such advice with the actions she portrayed. Although twisted (you can’t understand such conditions without learning you have to view things in a way we would never usually think to comprehend), it may have been a way of potentially exercising more control, over her boyfriend and her overall image, and if that is true, then it worked. a true narcissist will not care that theyhave died as a result, the end result for them is the adoration and positive public view restored.

Again, perhaps none of this is the case, perhaps the majority are right and my view of the world is altered because of my background, but this is just an alternative view, and one that more people should be potentially aware of to spot in relationships where domestic abuse may occur.
I couldn’t agree more with this post having been on the receiving end of domestic abuse from a narcissist.

Reactions: 6
She released her biography already. Storm in a C cup. People will no doubt buy this but only to get the gossip on what happened that night, not because they are I terested or wanting to understand her.

I was wondering. A pop to the shops isn't usually enough time for an overdose so I wondered if she'd hung herself.

But then reports are saying the was pronounced dead at the scene after paramedics confirmed she was unresponsive so if she was alone for 5 hours, I'm guessing it was overdose.
Paramedics would still be required to confirm death in the event of a hanging. Or any death, no matter how obvious.

Reactions: 4
Andrew Brady was the first one to slam her, share his nda and say that she’d abused him. I said at the time he was disgusting and here he is again.
why wasn’t he saying she was a good person when he was trying to tear her down and messaging her boyfriend when it occurred. Utter prick
I knew this would happen - he hung her out to dry and his “I’ve been abused” tit gave narrative to the whole piece and now he’s back tracking.

Reactions: 11
I had heard this version of events previously. It's such a sorry situation. I can't imagine how her nearest and dearest must be feeling. I hope CF is at peace now. Everybody is so quick to judge and form opinions on others. I just hope she knew how loved she was. So desperately sad.

Reactions: 7
Paramedics would still be required to confirm death in the event of a hanging. Or any death, no matter how obvious.
I know that, I meant the part of them saying she was unresponsive. My friends a GP and she said that an overdose or self harm, they would check for a response as death would be reached at different points whereas a hanging is instant death and you know by the conditions if the hanging has worked and therefore no need to check for a response in the way you would an overdose etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.